• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby vs. Zamus Help?

unfraggable1

Smash Rookie
Lately I've been having serious problems fighting Zero Suit Samus when I use Kirby (or anyone in general, really). Does anyone have any advice they could give that would help? Ways for Kirby to counter Zamus and her ridiculous combos?

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
Try not to dodge when you're fighting her. If you're that type of player that tends to be on the defensive a lot then you need to try to play more offensive. Constant pressure can throw them off too. Watch out for upsmash. Down B works well for a samus that likes to use up smash a lot. Just play smart about when to be laying back and when to be going all out.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Take her power Inhale is pretty useless against Zamus so her power will help, Plus Kirby can follow up an attack much sooner than Zamus can with the blaster

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't say useless. ~40% you can back throw -> Inhale and it will land almost every time. You just have to look at the percents and memorize what characters it can be done to and at what %'s. It's really a matter of if you like the gun or you like easy combo damage.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Good samus players HATE players that shield a lot. This is because their grab leaves them completely open to get ***** if they miss and they like to avoid using it. Plus she generally has poor shield pressure. Just get used to her range and you should be fine. If you can be above her forward b when she uses it you have enough time to punish with a bair.

Oh and she seems like shes even lighter than kirby... or at least equal in weight. And DO NOT challenge the down b sex kick unless your like using rock. It can ko and will outprioritize anything not disjointed and has more range than you can tell so you probably won't be able to correctly space a hammer or cutter.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Stay offensive, don't ever git hit by the blaster. That's like her one moment where she can safely use her over b, which ****ing hurts. Kirby shouldn't have too much trouble as long as he's in her face and shields a lot, since her shield pressure game is like non existent.

I dun know much besides that, I should go test her out, see what I learn, lol.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
There are two types of Zamus players, the campy ForwardB only kind who just pace the move and the hyper aggressive kind who are relentless. The fatal flaw between both these styles is they dont really incorporate grabs. Meaning u can use really good shielding and just grab, grab, grab and when the Zamus player starts trying to counter with grab down dodge to Hammer or Fsmash

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Zamus' Grab = Laggy as hell. Chances are she won't try one for the most part.

IIRC You need to have some good spacing; at times you need to be close enough to aviod getting hit by SWEETSPOTS and sometimes she can hit you if you're a bit away with a Side B. Croching can aviod a few of her attacks, like Side B, her first 2 jabs, etc. So punish up with an FSmash or a grab.

Pressure keeps Zamus from doing a lot of things to you.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
I know Samus doesnt like to Grab. Its very difficult to get close to Zamus due to her fast jabs, tilts, and spacing. U have to shield grab all of those attacks as best as possible and frustrate the Zamus player into using her grabs. Once u see ur oponent trying to grab u or dodging ur grabs u know that ur in control of the match

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
lols you can shield after the first jab for ZSS jab combo. Just have to hold R or L. Also crouching makes her grabs miss too just an extra way to avoid it. Also crouch makes her forward b miss when you are not sweetspot distance from her.

Top Bottom