• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby vs. Toon Link MU Help?

D

Deleted member

I have a friend that plays Toon Link and I want to be able to beat him every time I play him. Any help would be great!

Kraby

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1762-2665-6078
I haven't much experience against TL, but I'll try to help.

-Learn how to perfect shield so you can run toward him perfectshielding his arrows/boomerang until you reach him, and come at mid-range (you should probably stop this once you reach his grab range :p)
-Don't stay too far from him, I think the best is to stay like 1 kirby far from his grab range in the neutral, else he could shoot tons of arrows and bomb to add percents.
-Don't hesitate to grab the bombs in the air if he does it, an airdodge is the safest way I think
-His grab has a good range but is laggy, try to punish it when it's possible (I think you can spot dodge it and maybe crouch under it but I'm not sure)
-Most of the time you probably shouldn't challenge him when you are both in the air and you're above him, he has his lmighty sword UpAir and it totally counter your fabulous Dair :c
-I don't know what is your friend's level but if he lands with Dair, it's an easy punish
-His recovery is predictible and no that fast, you can use Stone or, i'm not sure but I think Dair will often trade and he'll go downward while you're ejected upward
-If you have the occasion you can copy is NeutralB, it allows you to be (a bit) more threatening when you're far from him, or rack up damages

I think that's all. I don't play often against TL and i'm not super good so if anyone wants to correct me, feel free to !

FKA Kobra

Smash Cadet
NNID
super-kobe-10
If your playing against a Toon Link that utilizes their projectiles well then it can be kind of tough. Try to keep pressure on him and evade as many projectiles as you can (cause you will probably get hit by some during the match). At the same time though don't try to blindly rush him down as this usually leads you to get hit and punished more. I'd say try to bait out moves like his grab, smash attacks, and his Dair(although a good toon link won't use Dair much). When the fight is close quarters Kirby pretty much has the advantage so that should be your goal. If you still have problems up close then your friend is probably just better than you so keep practicing.

D

Deleted member

Thanks! Yeah, my friend is a up b and dair spammer, so thanks for the tips on baiting and punishing.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Try dair into downb you may get a shieldbreak and that would give him a surpise

D

Deleted member

Huh. I had no idea about that shield break combo, thanks! It also works cause when he's not spamming, he's shielding.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Toon Link main here. We do kinda give Kirby a hard time due to you lacking a projectile, but Toon Link doesn't have the greatest aerials in frame data, so try to airdodge your way to get close to him. What is good is that Dair is terrible and punishable, so go for it whenever he uses it. I believe you can inhale his projectiles, and if you cannot, try to get close in the air, and suck him in, so you can gain Hero's Bow and then you will have a projectile. Toon Link also has a punishable grab and is obviously a lightweight, so U-Throw should kill him at 125% or so. Hope I helped you teach him a lesson (I hate spamming and Dairing Toon Links. They give us actual Toon Link mains a bad name)

Top Bottom