• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby vs Squirtle Match Up and the vs Mewtwo matchup.

Jinjo64

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to all that help. I currently main Kirby and my secondary used to be bowser, but now its Shiek. GIVE ME YOUR WISHDOM PEOPLE!

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
If Squirtle loves to spam Withdraw, you can Inhale him right out of it, maybe smack him with something strong like Hammer or F-Smash if you feel lucky. Inhale in general will be pretty helpful since it goes through Squirtle's armor if you get close enough to him.

As for Mewtwo, you will want to get a feel for predicting his teleports and putting a B-Air or N-Air where you expect him to end up, that way you can catch him before he gets up in your grill with that stupid N-Air of his. Another thing that helps against Mewtwo is challenging his aerials with Hammer, since that and B-Air are your only moves disjointed enough to compete with Mewtwo's shenanigans.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Also duck a lot in the m2 matchup, it makes Kirby hard as hell to hit. It avoids his grab, hover aerials from port (he can still drop and get you), uncharged shadow ball, disable, maybe confusion idk. Get M2 above you and try to juggle him. If you get close to him when hes not in hitstun 9/10 times hell teleport, just bait and punish it with hammer or something.

As for squirtle, FreeGamer explained a lot of stuff correctly. Get him offstage and gimp, 8/10 times they'll try to side-b blast back to the stage read that and punish. If they up-b you can still dair them out of it at the beginning. What you can do, and this works with basically anyone, if they are recovering just hold edge, edge drop jump inhale and spit them under and maybe try to go for uair or FC stage spikes... most people freak out when theyre under the stage so they probably wont see it coming the first time. You can also utilt a lot of squirtles approach stuff.

Top Bottom