• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby vids (Yeah Kirby is definetly buffed)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Thanks for the vids, Ike is one of my new mains so I forgive him for now. I love to see Kirby's last taunt, (the mini dance) yea!

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
So much stuff in those vids. Primarily the ditto match. Other impressions:
Little lag after aerials.
Aerial hammer seemed very difficult to hit with. Perhaps a sweetspot they were missing?
No swallowing by the Japanese players.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I was gonna post this but you beat me to it.

This is AWESOME though. I'm really glad that we can see how great Kirby is this time around. He definitely does remind me a lot more of his 64 self. He's SUPER fast too as you can probably tell. And his down throw and running dash seem to deal out quite a bit of damage.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Kirby vs. Ike

Forward grab did 8% at 0:09
B-air did 13% at 0:11
First two hits of F-air together did 7% at 0:15
Up smash did 13% at 0:18
F-Tilt did 8% at 0:18
Final Cutter beam thing did 6% at 0:36
U-air did 11% at 0:44
Dash attack did 10% at 1:16
Hammer in air hit once and did 18% at 1:17
N-air at 1:20 did 13%
Down throw at 1:34 did 13%

Sorry I'm not sue if this helps anyone but I'm just so interested in Kirby's improvements and my family doesn't really care so yea..

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
ground hammer still seems laggy, but the arieal hammer seems much faster and powerful, while his down-b seems a lot faster as well. im amazed at the maneuverability he has in the air now, much more like 64 kirby and jiggs.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
yea kirbys definitely buffed. i really can't wait to play with him. his dash attack and the less lags on his ground and aerials impress me the most. and his final smash is hilarious! i think its unavoidable. look at the wifi battles on dojo on the japanese side to see what i mean. but he's been buffed. i'm glad. now if they can only nerf fox, peach, falco, falcon, and jigglypuff even more. i hate jigglypuff the most! kirby all the way!

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Wow...I finally managed to get back on. I enter the Brawl Character Discussion forum, and there were suddenly several more (strange) characters added.

My impressions, if anyone cares:
Those videos were great to watch. This Kirby is definitely better SSBM's Kirby. I might be able to actually use his specials. His hammer moves come out significantly faster-->O_O. The hammer moves have shorter range, but at least I can probably use it more often. Final Cutter speeded up. The Stone looks usable. For whatever reason, those Japanese did not actually test Swallow.

Kirby is now more manuverable in the air. I was actually surprised by the speed. Is U-air has been (slightly nerfed), but B-air (my main killing move) is about the same, if not better. F-Air seems just as lovely. Kirby's edgeguarding is going to improve...

Kirby actually did F-throw on Ike at the beginning and managed to hold on (and Ike had about 8%!). D-throw does nice damage (a whopping 13%) but the opponent (in the Kirby ditto match) was still knocked back too high.

Kirby's dash attack did not have Kirby ending up off the stage (it just finished at the edge), but I honestly do not know if the dash attack is better. I will have to look at those videos again.

Tilts seem just as good and I wonder how low Kirby's crouch is this time.

Thanks to the Japan players for posting the demos. Those players were awesome. Kirby definitely has potential.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
ya i cant wait to start using kirby again i stoped using him because he was so easy to kill but not that he\'s back in the saddle i\'m all up for using him again.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
ARGH! Why can't SSBB be released everywhere right now. Can't wait to play as kirby again...

Shadw_Master

Smash Rookie
This is great news! Perhaps I actually can do some damage now, and not just float around and hope not to get pwnd by the other players ^^

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Kirby looks like he's back to the way he was in N64 =D

High tier quality at least. This makes me happy.

EDIT: LOL "over 9000". It's funny because you can almost picture him saying that when he's got Sonic's hat XD

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Kirby's dash attack did not have Kirby ending up off the stage (it just finished at the edge), but I honestly do not know if the dash attack is better. I will have to look at those videos again.
I think it's clear that Kirby's dash is A LOT better than his super crappy fireball which was extremely easy to counter after blocking and had practically no good knock-back (and did like a measly 5% or something<_<). That actually probably one of the most notable damage increases that Kirby has gotten in this game from what I've seen so far cause he doesn't seem to be too open after using it.

Good to know though that Kirby's hammer is plenty better now and his triple kick actually connects. His throws seem to do a pretty good amount of damage, but I wish they could be followed up with better moves. Though a lot of characters got buffed in this game >_<.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad Kirby doesn't suck anymore. He was one of my best in the original game! I missed using him, but in Melee he was almost useless to me.
Way back when, I used to abuse his grab...lol.

Top Bottom