• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirby to sheik

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
Hey guys ! someone told me that picking up that ninja wasn't a bad idea seeing me struggling with some of kirby's worst MU (specially Marth).
I like sheik, but i never played another character than Kirby.
Any ideas on how to get the transition right ? i guess i should jump less first of all but then ?
it's going to be really hard playing another character since i always played as a kirby, but i'm kind of motivated, if someone could just tell me how this thing works, i'd be really happy :)Thanks in advance.

ps : How do you swallow someone with Sheik ? can't figure it out, why is my Neutral B throwing Needles now ? :079:
A quick overview:
Be Patient
Always be on the lookout to punish your opponent's mistakes
Spacing Tilts is great
Gift your opponent needles when appropriate
Don't be afraid to get up and personal with grabs.

Uhmm, check out this and the MU thread for detailed info?

Thrak Dim

Smash Rookie
Thanks for this quick answer. will definitely check this out tomorrow.
I hope i'm not out of the subject right now, but, if, for some reason, one day i decide to go back to melee, will my PM sheik mess with my melee Sheik ?

Last edited:

Journal

Smash Apprentice
PM Sheik is basically Melee Sheik. I make the transition every day, and the only difference is that Melee doesn't have RAR (so learn how to reverse needle cancel) and pivot grabs aren't as easy, plus melee sheik has a better downthrow. The way you think about the melee and PM Sheik, especially in our current, 3.6 world, is going to be almost identical.

Journal

Smash Apprentice
I mean, reverse neutral b is just flicking the stick the other direction, pressing B and canceling with L or R, but RAR is super easy to do once you get the hang of it. Just run, flick the stick in the other direction, jump and hold the direction you want to go. If you want to dash to the ledge in melee and jump to grab it, just do the RNC.

Top Bottom