• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby team strategies

Eureka

Smash Ace
I think that Kirby could be a huge threat with the right partner and team attack on. Getting a free copy ability makes Kirby much stronger and could potentially cover up a lot of his weaknesses. For example, Pac-Man gives Kirby Bonus Fruit, one of the most useful and versitile projectiles in the game. Not only does this greatly bolster Kirby's approch, but he can help out Pac-Man by firing off the fruit from places Pac-Man can't get to. Another good one is Shulk. Manado Arts opens up a crazy range of possibilities and options for Kirby (jump art lol). Copying Pocket from Villager would be another tool to help Villager camp and give Kirby an on-command kill move by pocketing his teammate's bowling ball. What do you guys think? Are there any other really good partners for Kirby? Because I'm thinking that Kirby could be really, really good in teams.

Last edited:

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
I wouldn't practice too much with team attack off as doubles tourneys almost always has it set to on. Anyway, I agree that Kirby gets some interesting tools in doubles regardless of team attack. Pocket and projectile copy abilities are pretty cool.

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
I wouldn't practice to much with team attack off as doubles tourneys almost always has it set to on. Anyway, I agree that Kirby gets some interesting tools in doubles regardless of team attack. Pocket and projectile copy abilities are pretty cool.
Whoops, I ment with team attack on, otherwise trying to eat your friends would be rather silly. More silly then it already is that is.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Whoops, I ment with team attack on, otherwise trying to eat your friends would be rather silly. More silly then it already is that is.
Granted me and my friend do double Kirby in doubles so i cant comment on the copy plays what i can mention is how good inhale can be in the 2v1 scenario. You shoot your opponent off stage and they'll have to dodge the blast giving you time to guard the edge and your friend can attack straight out of the star. Its a very nice mix up and can lead to some intresting and funny final kills. Also Kirby's rock makes a great team kill. Just let your partner smash a opponent towards you then turn into rock or when your partner grabs a opponent when they go for the throw(right before they release) use rock for the kill

Last edited:

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Inhale is amazing for teams. You can get free copy abilities, spit a partner with lots of damage as a projectile(you can even jump with them in your mouth, excellent mixup) and even the action of kirby eating his partner creates a hitbox around him that has a crap-ton of knockback.

I use Kirby in teams almost always,an got 2nd place in my country's national so Kirby is certainly a strong choice for it.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Inhale is amazing for teams. You can get free copy abilities, spit a partner with lots of damage as a projectile(you can even jump with them in your mouth, excellent mixup) and even the action of kirby eating his partner creates a hitbox around him that has a crap-ton of knockback.

I use Kirby in teams almost always,an got 2nd place in my country's national so Kirby is certainly a strong choice for it.
I agree, I think that the ways Kirby can interact with a teammate cover up a lot of his weaknesses, especially in regards to approach options. A big question though is how well does it stack up against the shenanigans other characters can put out like G&W or Villager. Of course, you also have to be careful not to do this.

Top Bottom