• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirby sucks against metaknight

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
metaknght is faster, and has more priority, and with nice reach.
he is extremely hard to spike, and to kill off the sides, since he can fly just like kirby. so that leaves you with smash attacks to kill with, but metaknight is always in the air anyways. **** metaknight. you have to be so gay and campy with bairs and dairs to win. its fun to connect with *dair at higher percents to pop them up into a fsmash.

-hiro

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
Meta's not invincible. If range meant something, Marth would demolish nearly every character in the game.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Meta's not invincible. If range meant something, Marth would demolish nearly every character in the game.
hmmmm, i just read my post 3 times over just to double check, and i dont see a part where i said he was invincible. range DOES mean something. it doesnt mean its an auto win, but it gives you more options.

There's worse matchups for kirby. I don't really mind meta that much
i know there are. but it IS tough match. you havent played a really good meta probably. its tough.

can kirby win? ofcourse. have i beat metaknight? yes. it doesnt make it an easy match though.

-hiro

Christova

Smash Cadet
Wonder if there is any forums that dont complain about Meta, besides the Meta forums.
Over in Zelda forum we don't complain about Meta....

I personally usually choose Kirby over Meta. I've gotten used to Kirby since SSB64 and I think he's been much improved from Melee. Meta Knight is good, but from what I've seen, Kirby can KO at lower percentages than MK and I like his recovery better. MK seems a little clunky to me.

Sejita

Smash Cadet
Meta is easy. You just gotta use your shield lots, because he's always attacking, and make sure you NEVER EVER get grabbed, because he will toss you into an invincible combo (which Kirby can also do. Dgrab, fair) just Meta is way better. Out play him, and piss him off. Try to make as little mistakes as possible. Make sure you KNOW which way he's going before you shield dodge, etc.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
If you use Kirby's Down B at the right times when Metaknight is below you "in the air", you could hit metaknight players who always go after you in the air. Metaknight's grabs don't really combo very well (at least I haven't really seen any who have <_<) so even if you miss, I'd just stay in rock cause he can't really punish you too badly when you're in that form, unless he's got super good timing with his smashes. If drill kicking is hard when he's getting back on stage, then I suggest using Rock while he's getting back on stage, it does have fairly good killing power and there's nothing that has priority over it when you're falling on someone (except Ganon's and maybe Captain Falcons up B)

Sejita

Smash Cadet
Dude, Metaknights down grab (the foot stomp one Kirby has) actually combos so well with I think it's his neutral A. If he runs at you, grab, down throw, up neutral A, you're screwed, seriously.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Dude, Metaknights down grab (the foot stomp one Kirby has) actually combos so well with I think it's his neutral A. If he runs at you, grab, down throw, up neutral A, you're screwed, seriously.
I tried his down grab, but it sends them too forward to do anything without them air dodging =/. I could be doing something wrong though >.>

Sejita

Smash Cadet
I tried his down grab, but it sends them too forward to do anything without them air dodging =/. I could be doing something wrong though >.>
I dunno then, this player Danomite (you can find him on the Smashnet chat a lot on Facebook) did it to me at least 10 times each match, and it was like impossible to avoid.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I suggest for Kirby players to switch to ROB against metaknight, He plays very similar to Kirby with some definite strengths over MK. His Gyro, nuetral A forward smash, charged laser, and up smash all finish MK. Also his tilt has more range on the ground than MK and his nuetral air if timed well has more reach. Best of all u can attack while up B'ing making MK's spikes and air game easier to deal with. just a hint, Kirby players pick up ROB much better than other players. Hope this helps some of u counter MK

Davrob1

Smash Cadet
while meta has great range and all that remember that kirby is in fact a lot stronger and can kill at much lower percents than meta thanks to his amazing f-smash

I must admit though meta is definately tough

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
are u kidding me? the only annoying thing is his sword and that spin thing. i just inhale him and use it back. other than that hes easy

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Really? I thought Kirby was a Meta Knight counter? I've played against some good MK players and I usually destroy them. My Marth is by far my best character, but I can't handle meta knight, so I switch to Kirby against MK.

metaknight is always in the air anyways. **** metaknight. you have to be so gay and campy with bairs and dairs to win.

-hiro
You have to be gay with bair against every character lol. Don't camp with Dair against MK. Approach with Full Jump>Bair>Bair repeat. Fair gets out prioritized pretty easily, but it still has some uses. Get kills off the side by chasing him off the ledge with Bair. Or just mindgame an Fsmash.

In conclusion, BAIR!

Top Bottom