• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Slang & Combo's

Pyropuncher

Smash Rookie
I know what FDBUN-air's are thats when your in the air and you hit the A button.
But whats the DI and DA's all about.
I've searched the forums for a few good combo's but can someone list them in something i'd understand preferably ones that are easy but effective.

Pyropuncher

Smash Rookie
Thanks, can anyone give me any more help, I really seem to be sucking with Kirby but I really like him

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
I saw some of your video's from your previous thread. Even though they weren't against humans, there are a few things I can say:

1: Learn to edge-guard a bit better. You seem to understand how well Kirby's B-air works but look into using his D-air and Hammer at the edge a bit more since they are great spikes.

2: Be careful with using final cutter. If your opponent shields or dodges it, you're wide open.

3: Test your combo's and see how they work against people. If you cant find a suitable opponent, use them against a lvl 4 CPU. If they can escape from it, there is no doubt that a player can do the same.

In your previous thread you said your friends were crap at smash. Even so, upload some videos of you facing them. People can then give you better input.

lilthunder91013

Smash Cadet
DI is directional influence it is when someone is hit the player can influence the trajectory of his character so that he can get back to the stage easier

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
Hard to judge your most of your matches cause of the items. Its like you didn't use any A moves whatsoever -.-. You use stone and final cutter too predictably.

lilthunder91013

Smash Cadet
In general
IMO too much rock. not his best move for punishing cuz of start up and ending lag. if they dodge it you are extremely open for most moves. air dodging helps but still leaves open before u can do it. I dont generally use items but his final smash has to be relatively close(not necessarily right next to but at least close)

Match #1
instead of punishing with the rock i would use the f-smash or throw combo if character is at low %. I dont blame you for getting losing cuz ike is in the top 10 hardest match-ups for kirby

Match #2
edge-hogging is so satisfying isnt it?? nice!! when you swallow dont always go for the kirbycide.(not sure if you were trying to at 2:58) if you werent i probably spit him out and went for a possible fair or uair

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
If you want to play seriously, don't use items. They take a lot of the skill involved out of the game.

You're spamming rock and cutter way too much. Way too much. Just because your above your opponent doesn't mean you should attempt a rock. Sure, it works now at your lower levels of gameplay, but even then people will begin predicting it and punishing it.

Use more B-airs. I didn't see one. It's Kirby's most versatile move.

Don't use roll to approach an opponent. Use it when close to any opponent to get behind them, or to retreat away from an opponent.

And Ike is in the Top 10 easiest matchups for Kirby. Sorry.

Ykoahi

Smash Cadet
on the first match I noticed you use the rock a whole lot, not only that but you use them back to back. Not only does this make the move stale a it is easy to punish, even more so when you become predictable. F Air and B Air are your Friends :]

lilthunder91013

Smash Cadet
read the first post it was what is DI and DA
i dont really know y but it turned into help me improve type of thing

Top Bottom