• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby recovery

Antwon420

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so me and my brother have come to a disagreement that kirby's side air does move him farther across back to the stage, rather than just doing his regular jumps. He says that the side air does not make a difference besides that it helps protect from edge guards. Can some please confirm that doing his side air helps move him farther back to the stage For me please?

Madao

Okay, so me and my brother have come to a disagreement that kirby's side air does move him farther across back to the stage, rather than just doing his regular jumps. He says that the side air does not make a difference besides that it helps protect from edge guards. Can some please confirm that doing his side air helps move him farther back to the stage For me please?
Basically, while doing aerial jumps, kirby moves at the max horizontal speed of ~21.9 during the jumping animation. The max horizontal speed while doing fair is 27.5, same as when the jumping animation ends.

The Star King

Smash Hero
It does make a difference for Jigglypuff and Kirby only because of how their jumps work

their jumps lose a bit of horizontal speed in the middle of their jump and doing an aerial cancels this quirk

Last edited:

Madao

It does make a difference for Jigglypuff and Kirby only because of how their jumps work

their jumps lose a bit of horizontal speed in the middle of their jump and doing an aerial cancels this quirk
I'm guessing I only paid attention to ground jump or something xD. You're right though, I just checked and it does make a difference for aerial jumps.

I almost never use kirby ;/ .

Capos

Smash Apprentice
If he still doesn't believe you, go to hyrule or sector z in training mode and challenge him to a who can go the farthest contest.

The24thGanondorf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1418-7666-1581
I've seen some people use his dair to gain some distance when recovering.

Top Bottom