• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby ? KIng Dedede whos better??

Bnana

Smash Rookie
Well this is an age-old question. King Dedede is better on paper i think. He's bigger then Kirby, stronger, more power, a projectile attack, and he still has great recovery. Kirby on the other hand is probably(I haven't check this it is an assumption) faster, and better at air and edge guarding. I WANT YOUR HONEST OPINION!!

Excellence

Smash Champion
Depends entirely on playstyle, I know you definately didn't want to hear that, but it is. It definately depends on how you exploit your opponent, I personally think Kirby is better, but I main Dedede. Mainly because he can cover a lot more types of opponents, but he can't KO as sneakily as Kirby.

Bnana

Smash Rookie
o I agree

I agree I main kirby and I still think he is better.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
I think Dedede is better, for the reasons you mentioned above, and one huge one: chaingrabs. Tournament results also tend to show better characters, in which Dedede is doing fairly better than Kirby.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
i think kirby is better because he is faster so he strikes quick s its hard for ddd to catch a good kirby mainers but if they do its bad news for a kirby

storm92

Smash Ace
Different characters are very different.

Dedede= long range, chain grabs, powerhouse.
Kirby= short range, throw combos, edge guarding.

It's hard to just say "one's better".

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
its all playstyle...
to me kirby just feels natural lol... cause the way i like to play is "get off my stage!!" so then i go bair them whenever they try to get close XD

haha also i love comboing people in the air... i love how fluidly kirby can switch between his aerials... sometimes i miss with uair and immediately do a bair to hit the opponent as he has moved behind me with his airdodge to avoid the uair...

dedede cant compete with kirbys aerial "flow"... you pretty much have to commit to the aerial you are doing.. bair the least but thats only one direction

but ddd does have his ridiculous grab range which can pretty much shield grab ANYTHING... lol ddd plays very defensively by spacing keeping his opponents away and shield grabbing all of their aerials and abusing the shield grab with a chain throw

in the end just pick a character that fits the way you tend to play

Bnana

Smash Rookie
well I really meant like two level 9 cpus fighting or copletely equal players.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
One more thing, Dedede has a large hitbox, Kirby is small, when crouched, Kirby has one of the smallers hitbox in the game, and you can use Dtilts, that can make your opponent trip, opening space to attack.

I use DDD too, i like the two chars, but i use more Kirby.

Red.Tide

Smash Cadet
well I really meant like two level 9 cpus fighting or copletely equal players.
CPU's don't mean anything.

And I think D3 would win when there are two equal players, because he has a good matchup against Kirby. This doesn't mean he's better; for instance, Kirby has good matchups against falco, but DeDeDe has a bad matchup against a Falco.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Kirby and DDD are two very different characters

DDD
-Long Range
-Slow (but not as slow as you'd think)
-Powerful
-ChainGrabs
-Heavy (lives a long time)

Kirby
-Short Range
-Quick
-Not to powerful, but combos
-Light

Both characters can gimp with the best of em'

However in just about every other way they are opposites. I think DDD is higher on the tier list than Kirby though. This is just because of a few matchups. DDD does very well against snake and gives marth a hard time as well. Kirby has good matchups too but they aren't against top tier characters like snake and marth. However, I enjoy playing Kirby more :)

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
I think kirby has fewer bad matchups than most characters... I dont ever feel like a matchup is impossible to win compared to some other characters matchups

also i find it funny how everyone in the kirby forums says DDD is a bad matchup for kirby and everyone in the DDD forum say kirby is a bad matchup for them.. and the rest of people seem to generally think kirby is good against DDD..

actually this is sort of true though, but I think kirby doesnt have an advantage against DDD I just think its neutral.. they both have advantages and disadvantages against each other

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
the only thing that kirby has over dedede in a match up is that his edge guarding is extremely effective on dedede.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Sadly, Dedede has a big advantage over Kirby. His range is too big for Kirby to get through unscathed.
Dash block is a wonderful thing. And if Dedede down throw Kirby, Kirby can tech on it and not get hit by F-tilt. Kirby can approach dedede and on neutrals that aren't Battlefield, Kirby can do a little bit of camping and damage resetting with Up-B. Kirby doesn't have a problem getting to Dedede.

Top Bottom