• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completed Kirby Keeps Jumps after Up-throw and Forward-Throw

NotChuc

Smash Rookie
I swear i saw it somewhere, but i'm looking for a code to make Kirby not lose all of his jumps after using up-throw or forward-throw. Thanks in advance.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
I have seen this command in Ganon's DownB(Ground) of melee v1.00.
This command means "Lose air jump"?
Yeah, the "64" opcode means "specify jump amount".

00 = have ground and air jump
01 = have air jump
02 = have no jumps

I'm not sure why they didn't use this subaction event for ganon and falcon aerial down B. It's hardcoded in the ASM.

Last edited:

Itaru

MasterGanon
Yeah, the "64" opcode means "specify jump amount".

00 = have ground and air jump
01 = have air jump
02 = have no jumps

I'm not sure why they didn't use this subaction event for ganon and falcon aerial down B. It's hardcoded in the ASM.
I think the reason is that this command cannot be used with "special attacks".
I tried to use 64 command with Ganon's side B air. But he couldn't jump.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
I think the reason is that this command cannot be used with "special attacks".
I tried to use 64 command with Ganon's side B air. But he couldn't jump.
Did you make sure he entered normal Fall and not SpecialFall? I believe SpecialFall always removes jumps.

It should go:

Enter Side B AS (remove all jumps) -> subaction restores jump count -> enter fall after side b, jump count in tact from subaction.

If you did this and it didn't work, there may be something else changing the jump count.

Itaru

MasterGanon
Did you make sure he entered normal Fall and not SpecialFall? I believe SpecialFall always removes jumps.

It should go:

Enter Side B AS (remove all jumps) -> subaction restores jump count -> enter fall after side b, jump count in tact from subaction.

If you did this and it didn't work, there may be something else changing the jump count.
I tested with BM2.0 ganon. So, he enters normal Fall.

Top Bottom