• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby + G&W Team Strat

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
i find it a waste of time. Situational to begin with, if you are at enough damage to KO with it, why not have anybody just hold the opponent and have the G&W charge and upsmash? Sounds a heck of a lot easier to me. I suppose if G&W's upsmash was diminished, but most G&W's (including me when i mained him) save their upsmash mostly for kills anyway. And if it doesn't kill, the super throw doesn't do extra damage, the upsmash does.

[EDIT] Due to the logic of other posts, i've changed my mind. Thank you for all who corrected me, it'll help me in the long run.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
If by situational" you mean "2 v1 being something that happens in Team matches all the time" then yes....

If the last opponent is at very little damage, it's actually easier to use the trampoline trick than bothering to try the upsmash. With the up smash, you risk the chance of them breaking the hold and KOing your partner by accident. That said this is exactly like the Snake/Kirby and Snake/Meta team kill where Snake uses the C4 during the height of the jump to kill and is actually quite useful for putting that last opponent out quickly with little hassle or risk on your team's part.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
This is a lot safer for both Kirby and Game and Watch,

Game and Watches Up-B is pretty much un-punishable, where as if you try and charge an up-smash you will get punished...

This kills at comparable or even lower percents that Game and Watches uncharged up-smash and is safer it isn't hard to pull off, definitely not situational...

Top Bottom