• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Kirby Fighters - A Taste of Smash Bros 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Funny, I made up my own a while back.

Cutter, Fighter, and Parasol all close together like I said. Beam, Bomb, Sword and Hammer not far behind. Yeah, they're probably right about Bomb being better then the other three. But the bottom three though... I don't agree at all. Archer has no way of getting attackers off. At least Ninja isn't as good as dead when somebody gets close. What's so bad about Ninja anyway? And with Whip, I'm just not seeing what they're seeing.

Where's this tier list, anyway?

Spear would kinda just be an all-around better version of Whip. I'm not surprised it wasn't included.

I'd say (of all things) Archer is the best for solo. Camouflage has the same mechanics as Leaf Hide, (just don't move, you're not invincible when moving or shooting) and a pretty high DPS for a ranged attack. Shooting straight up as fast as you can against the flying bosses pretty much destroys them, and like half of the bosses fly. And there's some pretty sick invincibility frames on the dash attack.
"Ninja's main problem is that it has pitifully poor damage output. The only attack that does moderately reasonable damage is the Blossom Storm technique, but even then it is predictable and leaves Ninja vulnerable afterwards. Other problems are that his Cloning perfect guard is easy to bait and intercept (because he can't control which way he moves after the ability), he can't chain his dive kicks together like Fighter can, his dash attack has a significant amount of lag after it if blocked, his Quad Shock only works on the ground, and lastly his kunai are nigh-worthless when it comes to damage. With Easy mode, his damage output is still low, but it isn't so abysmally poor anymore. Granted, I wish you could turn auto-guarding off for the sake of removing randomness, but there's no option to do that for the Easy handicap. Ninja's one saving grace is that he has a grab reset near a corner, but he will hardly be able to ever put someone in that position to begin with. And it isn't a true infinite chaingrab, like what Parasol has (and only Parasol has that)."

For more, check out: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997844-kirby-triple-deluxe/69208444

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
"Ninja's main problem is that it has pitifully poor damage output. The only attack that does moderately reasonable damage is the Blossom Storm technique, but even then it is predictable and leaves Ninja vulnerable afterwards. Other problems are that his Cloning perfect guard is easy to bait and intercept (because he can't control which way he moves after the ability), he can't chain his dive kicks together like Fighter can, his dash attack has a significant amount of lag after it if blocked, his Quad Shock only works on the ground, and lastly his kunai are nigh-worthless when it comes to damage. With Easy mode, his damage output is still low, but it isn't so abysmally poor anymore. Granted, I wish you could turn auto-guarding off for the sake of removing randomness, but there's no option to do that for the Easy handicap. Ninja's one saving grace is that he has a grab reset near a corner, but he will hardly be able to ever put someone in that position to begin with. And it isn't a true infinite chaingrab, like what Parasol has (and only Parasol has that)."

For more, check out: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997844-kirby-triple-deluxe/69208444
Hm, thanks.

I remember discovering Parasol's chaingrab when fighting a CPU. Problem was, it was a CPU so I thought it was just stupid. :laugh:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Hm, thanks.

I remember discovering Parasol's chaingrab when fighting a CPU. Problem was, it was a CPU so I thought it was just stupid. :laugh:
It is pretty annoying to deal with when it's other people. Me and my brother have a gentleman's agreement to ban it.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It is pretty annoying to deal with when it's other people. Me and my brother have a gentleman's agreement to ban it.
Me and my friend got bored with it around the time I discovered it, so we didn't really mess around with it too much.

Gotta wonder if it was fixed for KFZ. It's hard to tell since it's not out here yet.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Me and my friend got bored with it around the time I discovered it, so we didn't really mess around with it too much.

Gotta wonder if it was fixed for KFZ. It's hard to tell since it's not out here yet.
I'm hoping we get KFZ, it seems so fun and it would only be 5-10 bucks.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
What's wrong with whip other than its grabs being seemingly unviable in 1v1?

By the way, with good timing Sword Kirby can option select "chop and thrust"(neutral attack) into "hat thrust"(tap down) and get both moves, which seems really good for its large arc, chance of comboing both moves, and the favorable position you are put in after a hat thrust.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
What's wrong with whip other than its grabs being seemingly unviable in 1v1?

By the way, with good timing Sword Kirby can option select "chop and thrust"(neutral attack) into "hat thrust"(tap down) and get both moves, which seems really good for its large arc, chance of comboing both moves, and the favorable position you are put in after a hat thrust.
In short, it is a stronger ninja with less range. It's quick, decent range, but it's power is less than favorable.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Also, that little trick i mentioned with the 2-in-1 with Sword Kirby becomes even stronger if you have a charge. Projectile+sword slash+pogoing dair. So much coverage :O

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Here's a tier list I found on Gamefaqs. The whole thread was filled with some interesting information and was surprisingly not ignorant (compared to 90% of Gamefaqs thread)

As someone who has played Kirby Fighters quite a bit, I can personally agree with the following tier list: What about everyone else?

Fighter (Score: +8/9)
Large Adv: Ninja, Whip
Slight Adv: Beam, Bomb, Bow, Hammer, Ninja (Easy), Sword
Neutral: Cutter, Parasol
Slight Dis: None
Large Dis: None

Parasol (Score: +8/9)
Large Adv: Beam, Bow, Ninja, Whip
Slight Adv: Cutter, Hammer, Ninja (Easy), Sword
Neutral: Fighter
Slight Dis: None
Large Dis: Bomb

Cutter (Score: +8)
Large Adv: Beam, Bow, Ninja (Normal/Easy), Whip
Slight Adv: Hammer
Neutral: Bomb, Fighter, Sword
Slight Dis: Parasol

Bomb (Score: +6/7)
Large Adv: Ninja, Parasol
Slight Adv: Beam, Bow, Hammer, Ninja (Easy), Sword
Neutral: Cutter, Whip
Slight Dis: Fighter

Sword (Score: +1/2)
Large Adv: Ninja
Slight Adv: Beam, Bow, Hammer, Ninja (Easy)
Neutral: Cutter, Whip
Slight Dis: Bomb, Fighter, Parasol

Beam (Score: -3/4)
Large Adv: Bow, Ninja
Slight Adv: Ninja (Easy), Whip
Neutral: None
Slight Dis: Bomb, Hammer, Sword
Large Dis: Cutter, Fighter, Parasol

Hammer (Score: -2/4/6)
Large Adv: Ninja (...it's weird, I know)
Slight Adv: Beam, Whip
Slight Dis: Bomb, Bow, Cutter, Fighter, Parasol, Sword
Large Dis: Ninja (Easy)

Whip (Score: -6/7)
Large Adv: None
Slight Adv: Bow, Ninja
Neutral: Bomb, Ninja (Easy), Sword
Slight Dis: Beam, Hammer
Large Dis: Cutter, Fighter, Parasol

Bow (Score: -7)
Large Adv: Ninja (Normal/Easy)
Slight Adv: Hammer
Slight Dis: Bomb, Fighter, Hammer, Sword
Large Dis: Beam, Cutter, Parasol

Ninja w/Easy Handicap (Score: -7)
Large Adv: Hammer
Slight Adv: None
Neutral: Whip
Slight Dis: Beam, Bomb, Fighter, Parasol, Sword
Large Dis: Bow, Cutter

Ninja w/Normal Handicap (Score: -16...ouch)
Large Adv: None
Slight Adv: None
Slight Dis: Parasol, Whip
Large Dis: Beam, Bomb, Bow, Cutter, Fighter, Hammer, Sword
I doubt ninja is that bad, his blossom attack is decent. Here's a tier list I made.

S-tier
Bomb:
Bombs dash attack combos into itself, has good range, and does good damage. Bomb drop is very good for applying pressure and it can even by used in combos.

Beam:
Beam's neutral attack and dash attack have amazing range, and combo into them selfs and each other letting him be a great spacing character. Bacically, beam is the Marth of Kirby fighters.

Sword:
Sword's up attack combos into itself at least two times but I've been able to land 7 of them consecutively. Dash attack or neutral attack also combos into up attack.

A-tier
Fighter:
Fighter has lots and lots of moves and abilities that make him be good in almost any situation, but he lacks reliable or notable combos.

Whip:
The first thing worth mentioning about whip is his throws. Whip has four throws like a character in smash would have, however, none of these throws combo into anything, making them useless compared to his other skills. Whip's tornado attack is his best attack by far, although that move also doesn't combo into anything.

B-tier
Cutter:
Cutter's dash attack can combo into itself, but that's really his only combo, and it doesn't do enough damage compared to the other combos that other characters have. Final cutter does tons of damage, but it is also very hard to land and has a small hitbox compared to other moves in the game. His ranged attacks are nothing special and I would recomend to people who play him to use him as primarily a close range character.

Ninja:
All of ninja's attacks suck exept for his blossom thing, so the only effective gameplay for ninja would be to spam the blossom attack. That one attack alone though, is powerful enough to keep him out of F-tier.

F-tier
Hammer:
Hammer's attacks all have more start lag than they do in normal gameplay. Because of this, one of the best characters in story mode is one of the worst characters in Kirby Fighters. He has no combos, but his attacks, especially his dash attack, do a lot of damage.

Parasol:
Parasol has one, weak combo, his attacks have very short range, his attacks don't do much damage, and he doesn't have many attacks. His only good abilities are his dash attack, his down air attack, and his down attack. His down air attack combos into his down attack, but that's his only combo.

Archer:
Archer has no combos as all of his attacks are either projectiles or his dash attack, which doesn't combo Into itself. Archer's down thing also isn't immune like In story mode.

I'm pretty sure a sequel to this game added beetle. I don't have it yet, but I think he would be in A-tier Since his dash attack has amazing range and he seems like he would have decent combos.

Last edited:

monzer

Smash Journeyman
I just found out about Parasol's chain grab. Not sure where that puts him. I would say high tier right below fighter. I can't see him being high tier of the chain grab is the only thing that makes him good.

Tene_Sicarius

Smash Cadet
NNID
TenebrisSicarius
3DS FC
3454-1920-1564
Does anyone know how good beetle and bell are? I personally don't think much of beetle, but he seems to have potential. His dash attack can't be blocked for one, which is probably his best trait, since he lacks a combo game. Bell seems to be amazing at shutting down non projectile characters. It has the best block in the game, and has a finale like cutter that combos pretty well, and some decent projectiles. Horrible dash attack (when used as a dash attack), but works like cutter when using it while retreating or against a wall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom