• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Disgraces

Synerate

Smash Cadet
Ive seen quite a few opponents online that just pick kirby or think they are good with kirby beacause they just go out of the way to float abov the stage and do Down B. Im sick of people just snagging kirby just for that move out of desperation.

Since kirby is my main in know his ins and outs so i know where to snag em and give em some punishment, especially when they do the Down B.

Anyone else run into these Down B foo's

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
If B-Down spam is why they enjoy Kirby then who are we to tell them they are a disgrace? Just own them like you do and move on. :) No matter why it is, as long as people enjoy their character you know? I haven't really encountered B-Down spammers, I heared that there are alot of them on playing with random people though. I can't ever connect to people there though.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
lols thats kirby world renoun move lols but yeah i do get that and the Snake rocket launcher spammers as well arg

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
I tend to run into the PikaUp B Spammers....

but I think the first time I played Kirby in brawl (which is basically the first itme I played him ever) I loved doing the down B.... I tend not to do it as much though, but everytime someone knocks me in the air I usually want to come down the fastest and most damaging way I can.

I also find myself do it more often against the Toon Link Down Aeral people...

Right now, my favorite thing to do with Kirby is inhale someone, copy their abilities... drop it with the "HIIIII" taunt and KO them with the hammer or a smash... It's risky but it has worked for me on more than one occasion, online.

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
Well, if you want to make an impact on those people, don't attack them with any skills- so they don't think you're a super pro (b/c they probably will). Just shield and grab them over, and over, and over, and over so they realize "Uhoh, this doesn't work, what am I going to do?"

And if they continue to do that repeatitive, then they are logically-********. But this should at least help them change it up. And if it's a 4-player match, there should be a common rule where everyone else should stop to pitch in to show that one person how useless their repeatitive attack is.

There's nothing more I hate than a spammer who gets all gutsy because their attack WORKS (Because no one focuses on them, or people go do some risky but powerful technique), so they never EVER learn. Of course, there are SOME people who use this spamming technique as an annoyance and actually are extremely skilled. But, if they get caught, then they aren't anything. So, never try anything risky, just do the basics to get them to figure out that there are more than 2 techniques in a game.

Synerate

Smash Cadet
I tend to run into the PikaUp B Spammers....

but I think the first time I played Kirby in brawl (which is basically the first itme I played him ever) I loved doing the down B.... I tend not to do it as much though, but everytime someone knocks me in the air I usually want to come down the fastest and most damaging way I can.

I also find myself do it more often against the Toon Link Down Aeral people...

Right now, my favorite thing to do with Kirby is inhale someone, copy their abilities... drop it with the "HIIIII" taunt and KO them with the hammer or a smash... It's risky but it has worked for me on more than one occasion, online.
absolutely, I love using it to recover and lash back from getting knocked into the air. Im talking about the people who go out of the way, *float float float float D-B*

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
i agree with u 50%. the thing is i dont use kirby's down B unless some1's % is high so i can get an easy KO. however if i keep getting a winning streak over wifi using kirby eventually some1 copys me and uses kirby cus they think they get beat me if they do! pssh copycats~.~ (ironic).
and the idiots who just try out kirby and think they can win dont even know how to cancel out down B when they hit the ground ~_~

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
oh and i run into pikachu down B and ike side B spammers alot....the pikachus the most annoying tho

Synerate

Smash Cadet
oh and i run into pikachu down B and ike side B spammers alot....the pikachus the most annoying tho
They are both easy to handel if you know they are just gonna spam it ^^

Especially pikachu, wait for the thunder to hit him then go punish him with a big fat down grab :p

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
If they are spaming such a punishable move like down b they are going to lose against any intelligent opponent so let them do it.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
yeah against pika you just punish them lolz they down you tap down and fall toward them but out of the way of down b and scare them (pressure) 85% of the time a roll to Down smash will accure wait and smash lolz thats my expreince though.

Top Bottom