• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Copy Oddities

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
When Kirby has Samus' ability Copied, he can't charge in the air like she can. I'm not sure if this is intentional.

When Kirby Copies Lucario, his Aura Sphere doesn't keep the charge if shielded out of. He is just incapable of keeping part charges. It works fine if the charge is complete, though. This one is odd because DK's copy ability works fine and can hold incomplete charges.

Ivysaur's Copy ability doesn't do anything after the Solarbeam charge is spent. This is probably intentional, but just checking.

Kirby also doesn't inherit any of the physical changes of the Alt costumes, ie. Doc's doctor's light or Pyjama Ness' hair.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Well might as well post it here, when Kirby has Samus' fully charged plasma shot, when you shoot it just as you land or as if you were land cancelling it (I know it can't be L-cancellable) you shoot an uncharged shot.

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
Here's a weird one. While the fire effects on Kirby's Fire Arrows are already way less detailed than Toon Link's, they disappear completely when they pass through a player indicator.

Another one - Kirby's fully-charged Flare Blade has a delayed hitbox behind him that still OHKOs?

Nyte42

Smash Rookie
Kirby's Mach Tornado has the duration of Brawl's Mach Tornado. Not sure if it's intended or not.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
Because Kirby has MK's Vbrawl tornado, he can go insanely far by tapping B. It's a bit ridiculous. Also yeah he can't charge Samus' charge shot in midair, which you say is intended, but it also seems to have the weak power of vBrawl's Charge Shot, so I'm having trouble KOing with it.

fZk

Smash Lord
If Kirby uses Lucas' copy ability the sound effect is that of Lucas' neutral B but the attack is Lucas' side B. It sounds weird and doesn't match the animation.

downbfordays

Smash Cadet
I found another glitch that has to do with Samus,if Kirby has the neutral b charged fully, and uses it as he's about to hit the ground, a completely uncharged neutral b comes out, but it expels the charge

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
It actually seems like almost all of Kirby's hats still use their Brawl moves. For example, Water Gun deals no damage and Pit's arrows can't do crazy loops.

Also, Kirby's PK Flash doesn't detonate itself until it's nearly at the lower blast zone of FD - I guess it still uses Brawl's timer for that even though it has Melee's speed?

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
Kirby with Kirby's copy ability seems to make him inhale the other character, but when you try to swallow them, they actually pop out of his pink head instead of disappearing forever. Fix pls.

Anyway, the majority of his hats act really weird. It feels like he isn't as polished as the other characters are.

Warios bite and Sonic's spinshot are two more that I can contribute to the list of hats that need work.

Top Bottom