• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Copy Ability Discusion.

KirbyBeatBox

Smash Rookie
We all know that inhale is a great move for Kirby to kill with, but I never see people use the copy ability on a regular basis. I like Kirbyciding as much as the next person but there is that certain time in every match where his copy ability comes in hand, I thought it would be nice to discuss the uses of his copy ability. I also felt like having a topic with a bit more substance then either 'Which Kirby color is the best?', or 'rate my Kirby'

I had a revelation one day when I was playing my friend's Lucario, everything seemed easier after I took his power. I never really used the copy ability too much in battle but it was really nice to have a real projectile for a change (aside from final cutter, but that doesn't really count), it made things easier to punish Lucario from afar, it also helped the whole mindgame aspect as well. For the most part I enjoy having some sort of projectile or extra killing move to help my game, rather then just relying on the Kirbycide.

Like I was saying, I have found some uses for a lot of powers from such characters that have projectiles like: Mario, Lucario, Falco, or Fox just to name a few; or even characters that have a finishing blow like: CF, Ganon, or DK.

The whole point is to find out what you use Kirby's copy ability for.

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
kirby can use falco's laser to laser lock
all blasters (except wolf's) can be used as an approach (SHTL)
pikmin, fireballs, and the like can be used for edgeguarding
fully charged AS, charge lasers, and DK punch could be used after a d-tilt (trip must occur)
fire breath and the like could be used for awesome edgeguarding
falcon punch is used for 1337ness

KirbyBeatBox

Smash Rookie
kirby can use falco's laser to laser lock
all blasters (except wolf's) can be used as an approach (SHTL)
pikmin, fireballs, and the like can be used for edgeguarding
fully charged AS, charge lasers, and DK punch could be used after a d-tilt (trip must occur)
fire breath and the like could be used for awesome edgeguarding
falcon punch is used for 1337ness
I really like those ideas. I need to use the trip and the DK punch sometime, it sounds like a good idea. I need to experiment more with all types of copy abilities, I might do that tonight if I feel up to it.

Top Bottom