• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby and Aerial Rising

the wet mop

Smash Rookie
this looks very interesting. im assuming its only effective with continuous moves like kirby's Dair and such. ill have to try this.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to do this on Sand bag in the homerun contest ><. You probably won't be able to combo with Kirby's down air that many times on someone, but mind games are like x_x.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Ah! A couple days ago I found something pretty fun to do with this. Aerial Rising with his Air Dodges. It looks cool and you can gain altitude, move forward, and dodge moves all at once. Could be a useful way to get back to the stage without being edgeguarded. Yayz.

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
This is not a technique. I and many other smashers do this all the time. I used to use it as an edge guard in Melee. It does not need a name.
It does need a name because many people over look it. Anyways I am aware that many other smashers use it, and it is a tech, just not as advanced as some like WaveDashing...

btw, good to see you are back Pink Reaper.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Speaking of that, I've been pondering something. What is the definition of a technique? Let me rephrase that. What is the Smash definition of a technique?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Im not back....... *Leaves for Melee forums*

Edit: at guy above me. It depends. Combining a move plus a jump is not a technique. Doing something no one ever thought to do that also happens to advance a characters gameplay is a technique. t!Mmy's jump shine is an AT as it allows faster shining. The fact that its a Jump+Shine doesnt change the fact that its used in a way no one ever thought of and alters Fox's gameplay.

You'll note that there really aren't alot of actual techniques in Smash that aren't character specific as most have to be used through glitches. The ridiculous amount of named techs we have now is just a result of too many smash n00bs not realizing how meaningless it is.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
awww dammit, i swear to god... i just found this today! I was waiting for a basic brawl to start and i was messing with a lot of d-airs and i figured out you could stall or move upward or something like taht. Was gonna make a post about it after a movie i just got back from... Lol, well its a good find, and thanks for the vid Yang!

Top Bottom