• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby against MK? Good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I've been using Kirby for a very long time, so im very familier with him. He's actually good enough to be my main but thats not the point. I'm thinking about using him against Metaknight in tournaments. I've been practicing the match up and I see some progress, although I'm still befuddled about a few things;

Approaching?: Sometimes I have trouble with this since Kirby is a defensive character, and avoiding the Up B OOS is very difficult. I try my best to space RAR Bairs since Fairs normally don't work.

Solution to the Whorenado?: Seriously, this move is annoying.

Best stage to counterpick him?: I took a match againstr bowyer on smashville but I Know there are better stages.

Best Time to copy his ability?: When I copy MK's Whorenado, I take an advantage of it at the right times. When the MK chatches on, I have a hard time taking it from him. I wonder when is the right time to take it from him.

Killing him?: I always connect with the Dtilt to Fsmash and it kills him at satisfying %. Is the Usmash and Dsmash reliable?

I'll probably have more questions, but I'd like to fully understand this match up so I will not have a problem with MK.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Q and A thread next time BO. xD <3

I'll answer later. I'm on my Wii. ;x; But yes, it's about a 55-45 matchup if you play it right~

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirby is a defensive character? I suppose that's true...maybe I play too aggressively XD

Stage: mostly personal preference. Kirby and MK both have basically the same benefits from stages. I would take them to Brinstar because it's my personal best stage, and I know most MKs don't normally go here, so they'll be like "wtf do I do" and get pwned. Hopefully.

Whorenado: essentially unbeatable in the air, unless you're in an extremely lucky position, or you predict it coming waaay ahead of time and do a perfect Aerial Hammer. Inhale might beat it in the air too, but really, Tornado comes out too fast, and is too mobile.

On the ground, Fsmash will beat it pretty much everytime. The only problem is if MK does, say, a bunch of Dairs, and then Tornados to get to the ground. Or if he just jumps and Tornadoes. If he's floating while using Tornado, and the bottom of the tornado is near the top of Kirby's head, it's basically too high to Fsmash, and there's not much you can do about it. I think I've beaten Tornado with Upsmash before, but it was waaay too long ago to remember the details of what happened.

Also, Kirby's Tornado gets beaten by pretty much every move Meta Knight has. And Kirby can barely deal with MK's tornado. T_T

Killing: Why is it that I'm the only Kirby that's unable to do Dtilt->Fsmash...seriously. I don't think I've EVER successfully done that: they always trip really far away, too far for me to punish. I don't get it.

Anyway, if he's stupid enough to use Tornado on the ground at high %, KO with Fsmash. Dsmash is good if he's gonna rolldodge (something MKs don't do much) or if ...something. Dsmash is good because it comes out faster than Kirby's other smashes.

Upsmash is to catch him by surprise, or to punish if you predict him really well. You won't be landing either of these smashes very often.

Aerial Hammer is a good way to KO, since it has good range and you can DI it and stuff. If you just throw it out there at unexpected times, you may get lucky.

Bair and Kirbycides are going to be easy ways to get KOs, since Kirby is one of the few characters who can reliably combat MK offstage. Bair him when he's trying to recover, and if it's fresh enough, and his damage is high enough, that's a KO.

Kirbycides work because MKs are almost always extremely aggressive offstage, and thus they forget that Kirby can take them down with him. :]

Basically, Kirby can win this, but he has almost no advantages, besides maybe kill power, but even not much going for him there (lol MK dsmash). MK outranges you in everything, and he's far less laggy, with a better recovery, etc. Careful if you're trying to recover, MK can gimp you pretty easily with Dair. Kirbynado is decent for recovering.

I typed too much, sorry for my thoughts wandering. I think I was going to say something else but I forgot.

How does your Mario fare against MKs? >_> at least he has projectiles...but he's easily gimped by MK I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom