• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirbay!?

monkey and co.

Smash Apprentice
GAH!!! my friend has started playing kirby, and i'm totally lost on what i should do against him. standard shl spam and ez spikes are obvious. as far as i no there are no guides that have a kirby matchup(?). i have yet to go find some vids, so if u guys don't mind, some advice plus a video would be very very appreciated. thanks

help

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Uh, shine combos would work well good, and if you friend grabs, you could easily get out of his throws too.

monkey and co.

Smash Apprentice
i checked out some videos and i'm in awe at the shdl XD
my main problem is that the shine mite make kirby fly too high to follow up with anything

should i choose levels with platforms or a flat fd style level?

Brockman5

Smash Ace
I dont have much problem against them...my bro uses him and marth...

I usually dashdance and then do a dash atack and keep aerial comboing...because of the lack of kirbys aerial game....kirbys not that fast so wait for him to move then decide if you're gonna shine dair combo...(must do quickly) or down-tilt him...and dont try to kill kirby horizontal due to his 80 FREAKIN JUMPS...:) hahaha

hope I could help..

technomancer

Smash Champion
Actually do try to kill Kirby horizontal and just laser gay his jumps, then you can edgehog.

Backair is clutch against low priority low tiers.

monkey and co.

Smash Apprentice
yeah thanks guys
that's really helpful
but wouldn't knocking him horizontally create an easy spike option?

what should i watch out for when playing a kirby?

technomancer

Smash Champion
Kirby has good grab range, swallowcides are really hard to escape with Falco, uptilt and backair are the only other moves. He edgeguards you pretty well too cuz you're Falco.

oh yeah suction sux.

Top Bottom