• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I understand, I'm asking you for a standard module because I use as a base the regular PM in my build (PMDT clone engine), so I tested your release using the old module and it worked fine except for his fireball's GFX due he isn't in the slot 50
The GFX is actually done by the GFX-related code.

If you can get Classic Ridley to use slot 50 without PMEx, then the codes should work for you. If they don't, then I'm afraid you're out of luck until Pytor can come up with something more accessible.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Um, Could I get a little insight on what I'm doing regarding Classic Ridley and PMEx. I've added the model and moveset in the proper folder, the .rel for Ridley is in the the module folder, the BrawlEx configs are set to 50 and the CSS roster slot is also set to 50Ex. I even added the cosmetics, and properly since they show up, but once I reach the Character select screen when I load up in-game it freezes. Could someone tell me what I've done wrong?

Edit: Disregard, I figured out what the problem was.

Edit: Okay I have a new problem, I can't inject the codes for Ridley's Fireball GFX into RSBE.gct, every time I inject the codes using ocarina code manager then load up the game I load up vBrawl. Could someone inform me on how to properly inject the codes.

Last edited:

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Um, Could I get a little insight on what I'm doing regarding Classic Ridley and PMEx. I've added the model and moveset in the proper folder, the .rel for Ridley is in the the module folder, the BrawlEx configs are set to 50 and the CSS roster slot is also set to 50Ex. I even added the cosmetics, and properly since they show up, but once I reach the Character select screen when I load up in-game it freezes. Could someone tell me what I've done wrong?

Edit: Disregard, I figured out what the problem was.

Edit: Okay I have a new problem, I can't inject the codes for Ridley's Fireball GFX into RSBE.gct, every time I inject the codes using ocarina code manager then load up the game I load up vBrawl. Could someone inform me on how to properly inject the codes.
i use brawlbox 0.77

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
You can either use the most recent version of BrawlBox or use GCTEdit. If you use GCTEdit, then you must insert the code as one line (no spaces, no indents, etc).

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Another bump, boys, but this time it's something important.

I've finally gathered myself a small group of people to help me get my projects done.

Which projects? Well I want to work on one at a time, so for now, I've set up a strawpoll for those to vote on which Fighter we'll work on first.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13225687
Voting will end this Friday.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
(Triple post? RiP.)
Thanks for voting, everyone. The poll has been concluded. Here are the results from 248 voters.

Though just because there's a winner, that doesn't quite mean we'll work on it first. The poll was just for which Fighters people themselves would like to see worked on. I'm aware I said the poll would be to see who's worked on first, but after talking with a backroomer, I may go back on this. If anything, it'll be more of a pick between any of the top 5 voted Fighters.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
(Triple post? RiP.)
Thanks for voting, everyone. The poll has been concluded. Here are the results from 248 voters.

Though just because there's a winner, that doesn't quite mean we'll work on it first. The poll was just for which Fighters people themselves would like to see worked on. I'm aware I said the poll would be to see who's worked on first, but after talking with a backroomer, I may go back on this. If anything, it'll be more of a pick between any of the top 5 voted Fighters.
If anything, Deoxys should take priority considering he has a sizable amount of work done on him. Although, that's just how I feel, the choice is ultimately up to you guys.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
If anything, Deoxys should take priority considering he has a sizable amount of work done on him. Although, that's just how I feel, the choice is ultimately up to you guys.
I've actually decided to scrap my current progress on Deoxys due to limitations, so I'll be starting over from scratch.

The only progress I made with Deoxys were just early drafts for Specials.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I've actually decided to scrap my current progress on Deoxys due to limitations, so I'll be starting over from scratch.

The only progress I made with Deoxys were just early drafts for Specials.
Oh, I wasn't aware, speaking of scraps, what characters have you scrapped? What characters are finished, which are in consideration to be worked on? You haven't updated the OP in a bit.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Oh, I wasn't aware, speaking of scraps, what characters have you scrapped? What characters are finished, which are in consideration to be worked on? You haven't updated the OP in a bit.
Yeah, it's been a while since I've updated my SmashBoards and KC-MM threads. I'll be sure to get to that whenever I can.

For scrapped Fighters, the Fighters I've scrapped are those who didn't appear on the poll (Swampert, Blaziken, etc). I needed to trim the fat off my ideas, so I had to make some sacrifices.

Edit: I've made an entire overhaul to the OP to reflect my more recent works.

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's been a while since I've updated my SmashBoards and KC-MM threads. I'll be sure to get to that whenever I can.

For scrapped Fighters, the Fighters I've scrapped are those who didn't appear on the poll (Swampert, Blaziken, etc). I needed to trim the fat off my ideas, so I had to make some sacrifices.

Edit: I've made an entire overhaul to the OP to reflect my more recent works.
I'm actually sad that you ended up scrapping Veemon, I've yet to see a digimon PSA on the vault. Would've been nice to see how your PSA of him turned out.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
A very minor update, but I've gotten to updating my Unofficial Cupid Pit PM Alt to its v3.6 counterpart. I'm not promising anything, but I'm also considering making my own spin on the Cupid Pit recolor to make it fit more in line with how Brawl models are recolored (so I'm not just ripping someone else's recolor, since the included recolor isn't mine), alongside giving the recolor its own slot, so you don't have to replace slot 04 (this will be a BrawlEx/PMEx edit only though). This doesn't mean I'll update my other unofficial alts, either.

Changes since the update:
-Updated to v3.6.
-Updated wing glow GFX during Side Special's Glide (since the glow was altered to change itself to red over the course of 60 Frames).
-Pink feathers during Down Taunt and Air Jumping.
Download.
Direct Download for if KC-MM acts up.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Hey again, I've got another update! Not for anything existing, this time, the content's all new!

If you've seen my posts on Twitter and Discord, you'll know very well what I'm about to show, but why haven't I updated my thread with this information? Well that's because I want to get as much information as possible before making an update post, as a Forum post allows much more freedom than Discord's 2,000 or Twitter's 140 character limit. I also get to explain things in more detail, but enough rambling from me, let's get to the point!

Today's update shows the reveal of a side project I've been working on for about a week or so now. Don't think this is my main project, as this is something I'm just gonna be working on as my group members finish up what they need to do with Smash 2. Once they're done with what they need to do, we'll finally be able to work on the main project, but until then, let me introduce to you all this "New" Challenger...

(Recolors + Full Scale Renders)
If you don't feel like reading the incoming wall of text, skip to the TL;DR part upon opening the spoiler below.
If you're wondering why the term "New" was in quotations, here's your reason, since technically, the Red Alloy isn't a new Fighter, as it's already in the game. It's just not in a playable state (only being playable through Gecko codes). Though this reveal isn't just for the Red Alloy. Following the Red Alloy, I'll also be making slots for the other three Alloys, but for the sake of this reveal, I will only put my focus onto the Red Alloy, as it's the Alloy who has the most progress right now.

"Why even do this when we can already play as the Alloys ourselves with Gecko codes?", you ask. My answer to this is playing with the actual Alloys themselves proves to be unstable and easily prone to crashing. Alongside this, Alloys are unable to shield, dodge, grab ledges, use items, or use Specials (3/5 of these issues were fixed in Project M). My take on the Alloys puts them over actual Fighters for maximum stability, which also means they get to shield, dodge, grab ledges, use items, and use Specials. Though so they're not just flat out copies of the originals (Captain Falcon, Kirby, Mario, and Zelda), I've decided to make the movements, attributes, normal attacks, etc identical to the originals, but have their Specials be unique takes on the originals (think Sm4sh's Custom Specials).

In addition to this, this will be the first time the Alloys have been properly ported over their respective Fighters. From my understanding, there have been two previous attempts from two different users to get the Red Alloy to work over Captain Falcon. While both were able to do so, both attempts had their ups and downs. The first attempt (back in 2012 by Iwvi) went the route of rigging the Red Alloy over Captain Falcon's skeleton, and while it does the job, the model rig faces the limitations of the glowing parts on the hands, heels, waist, and face not facing the camera, alongside the body lines not having color animation. The second attempt (back in 2014 by SonicYakumo) went the route of porting the Red Alloy's model over Captain Falcon, and again, while it does the job, this method has its own share of limitations, the first of which requires the use of an edited moveset file, due to different Bone IDs.

My method, however...is much more simple and effective. Using the "magic" of the more recent BrawlBox versions, I was able to both get the Red Alloy properly ported over onto Captain Falcon and keep its glowing bits following the camera without the need to fix Bone IDs with PSA. With the help of Sammi_Husky, I was also able to get the body line animation working, too (unfortunately, this requires the use of a module).

My efforts can be seen with the gif below (click on the image to see a smoother playthrough of the showcase).​

TL;DR: I've done the first proper port of the Red Alloy over Captain Falcon. Take a look at the spoiler below to check out what I have in store (there's also a couple Yellow Alloy previews in there, too).​

I'll now go into further detail on Red Alloy's Specials. Click on the gifs themselves for smoother playback.​

<Standard Special: Detonation Punch>
As shown in the preview image, Detonation Punch isn't quite the instant damage like Falcon Punch is, instead requiring the user to press B again during the active Frames (when the fist is out) to cause an explosion with moderate damage and outstanding range. In addition to this, the explosion has transcendent priority, meaning it won't clash against opposing attacks. Like Falcon Punch, Detonation Punch can also be reversed.​

<Side Special: Timed Boost>
Timed Boost isn't as straightforward as Raptor Boost, as Timed Boost requires the user to press B to strike, rather than waiting to touch someone during traveling. Timed boost also has the unique property of gaining extra damage (and shield damage) if B is pressed right as Red Alloy touches another Fighter. Both un-timed and timed strikes have their own ups and downs.​

<Up Special: Falcon Strike>
Falcon Strike is a very straightforward move, even more so than Falcon Dive. This is because Falcon Strike does not have the ability to grab foes, but instead has a hitbox which weakens as the move travels. Falcon Strike also goes 20% higher than Falcon Dive.​

<Down Special: Falcon Kick Fury>
There's only one thing that separates Falcon Kick Fury from Falcon Kick, and that's having multiple hits that drag foes along before sending them off, unlike Falcon Kick's singular hit. This in return gives Falcon Fury Kick less overall power than Falcon Kick. In addition to this, Falcon Kick Fury loses less momentum on hit than Falcon Kick (due to it being a multi-hit move).​

<Final Smash: Cruel Mode>
Upon absorbing the power of the Smash Ball, the Red Alloy gains a newfound strength from the inner depths of Cruel Brawl. This newfound power quadruples the knockback scaling of all non-Item and non-fixed knockback attacks, allowing for very early KOs, but at the cost of having no protection (Intangability, Super Armor, etc) throughout its duration. This effect lasts for 12 seconds.

If you wish to view the images used in this post, follow this link to view the imgur album.

And with that, I conclude this announcement. This might have been a lot to take in for something so minor, but this is the beginning of things to come. I plan on making write-ups and previews in this format for my future projects (though I don't think there will be as much text as there was in the opening paragraphs of this post). There's no current release date right now, as I want to make one big release when I get all the Alloys done, but I'll be sure to make updates as I progress with this project. Thanks for staying through until the end.​

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
With the completion of Red Alloy's Final Smash, the Red Alloy master post has been updated with details (and a preview) for its Final Smash.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Like with the Red Alloy's reveal masterpost, I have another masterpost for a related Fighter...

Introducing the second member of the Fighting Alloy Team! Here comes the Yellow Alloy! Based off of Mario, this Alloy has rounded stats, but is slightly bigger, meaning it has more range, but is also a bigger target. Check out the below spoiler for what's in store for the Yellow Alloy.
I'll now go into further detail on Yellow Alloy's Specials. Click on the gifs themselves for smoother playback.

<Standard Special: Fast Fireball>​
This is probably as straightforward as it gets. This variation of Fireball trades duration, bounciness, and damage for a very quick fireball. It has less than half the duration, but covers similar distance, due to how fast it is, but it has major damage and knockback scaling reductions as the projectile travels before it terminates.

<Side Special: Shocking Cape>​
This variant of Cape trades its ability to turn foes around (potentially gimping recoveries) and a little speed for a shocking powerful hit that sends foes back. The reflector of Shocking Cape is stronger, but the reflect window is shorter, alongside the reflection bubble being a bit smaller than Cape's (to compensate it being smaller, the reflection bubble is further out than Cape's as well). The aerial vertical momentum of Shocking Cape is also less than that of Cape's.

<Up Special: Explosive Punch>​
Sacrificing the distance and height of Super Jump Punch, Explosive Punch gains two linking hits which total up to a great amount of damage.

<Down Special: Clothesline Tornado>​
Trading the safety of Mario Tornado, Clothesline tornado starts out a bit slower, but gains more height per button mash, gains two separate strong hits (they only link into each other at low %), has increased horizontal drift, and can interrupt a bit earlier than Mario Tornado can.

<Final Smash: Cruel Mode>​
Upon absorbing the power of the Smash Ball, the Yellow Alloy gains a newfound strength from the inner depths of Cruel Brawl. This newfound power quadruples the knockback scaling of all non-Item and non-fixed knockback attacks, allowing for very early KOs, but at the cost of having no protection (Final Smash Intangibility, Final Smash Super Armor, etc) throughout its duration. This effect lasts for 12 seconds. This Final Smash is also shared by all 4 Alloys.
If you wish to view the images used in this post, follow this link to view the imgur album.
Thank you again for tuning in. Tune in sometime later for the next Alloy!

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Whoops. An entire month went by without me updating anything. Let me fix that...

I've been meaning to make a masterpost about the third member of the Fighting Alloy Team, but a limitation for the Brawl version held me back. I wanted to wait until I got that limitation out of the way, but before you knew it, a month went by, so I'll just make the post anyway.

So without further adieu, I present to you this next challenger.

(Recolors + Full Scale Renders)
Introducing the third member of the Fighting Alloy Team! Here comes the Blue Alloy! Based off of Zelda, it's said that its core provides power to the other Alloys. Check out the below spoiler for what's in store for the Blue Alloy.​

I'll now go into further detail on Blue Alloy's Specials. Click on the gifs themselves for smoother playback.​
<Standard Special: Nayru's Protection>
Unlike the other Alloy's Specials, the Blue Alloy's Specials aren't as straightforward. Point in case, its Neutral Special. Just using the move does nothing, but if the Blue Alloy hits an opponent early on, it'll be encapsulated by a barrier, which provides both passive Knockback-Based Heavy Armor and projectile reflection. This barrier lasts for 3.5 seconds (210 Frames), and will break upon its timer running out, getting hit by an attack which pierces its knockback protection, or getting grabbed.​
(Visuals and move balancing have been updated since this first preview. See the gfycat below this one to see the updated visuals.)

<Side Special: Din's Bomb>
This variant of Din's Fire trades mobility and charging ability for more control and consistent damage. The traveling wisp also explodes upon contact or manually making it explode.​

<Up Special: Farore's Rush>
This variant of Farore's Wind trades distance and unpredictability for speed and power. During the traveling segment of the move, foes will be sent in the direction the Blue Alloy is going if hit before being hit by the ending hit.​
(Visuals have been slightly updated since this first preview. See the gfycat below this one to see.)

<Down Special: Overload>
Since the Blue Alloy can't transform, I had to make an entirely new move for the it. The Blue Alloy opens up to heal 1% before returning to idle, but if the B Button is held, the Blue Alloy will loop its opened state, healing 1% every 16 Frames, but be careful. If B is held for too long, the Blue Alloy will begin to catch fire and spark. If B isn't let go after a short duration when it begins to catch fire, the Blue Alloy will explode, damaging itself, which would undo all the healing it did, but in return, the explosion is large and powerful, capable of KOing at low damage. In addition to this, if under the effects of Nayru's Protection, the Blue Alloy's knockback protection will be weaker and it will heal 1% per 32 Frames, rather than heal 1% every 16 Frames.​

<Final Smash: Cruel Mode>
Upon absorbing the power of the Smash Ball, the Blue Alloy gains a newfound strength from the inner depths of Cruel Brawl. This newfound power quadruples the knockback scaling of all non-Item and non-fixed knockback attacks, allowing for very early KOs, but at the cost of having no protection (Final Smash Intangibility, Final Smash Super Armor, etc) throughout its duration. This effect lasts for 12 seconds. This Final Smash is also shared by all 4 Alloys.​

Thank you again for tuning in once more. Tune in sometime later for the final member of the Fighting Alloy Team!​

Don't think this is the end of this update, as I have an additional thing in store, which isn't Alloy-related. Over the past month of so, I've been working on my update to my overhaul to BaganSmashBros' Classic Ridley. While I won't go into specifics, I do have two things I want to show.

First is the much anticipated Meta Ridley alternate costume...Thanks to the combined efforts, of IWantGames, Moblin, and Draco_The, it's finally here!

Complete with its own slot-specific tail glow and recolors. In addition to this, Meta Ridley's wings produce their iconic laser wing flap SFX, rather than the standard wing flap SFX.

You can view Meta Ridley's renders (+recolors) by visiting this link. Huge thanks to tryptech for rendering these for me.

The second thing I wanted to show is that I've successfully added Ridley to All-Star Mode. This will also be included in the next update.

For release, there's no set point yet, as I want to wait for Bagan to publicly release his updates to his own Classic Ridley before I release my updates to my overhaul.​
There's one final thing I'd like to say before I end this post: Neither the Fighting Alloy Team nor my overhaul to Classic Ridley are my group's main project, but I'll be keeping it a secret of whom they are until they're ready for a reveal.

Ending on that note, you are now at the end of this post. Thanks for taking the time to read this massive post.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Gonna give a bump to this thread to show everyone my further improvements to Ridley's (+Meta) recolors. A general suggestion was to use Gradient Maps, rather than Color Maps, since the former keeps the texture's lighting, while the latter doesn't. You can see the fruits of my labor in the below spoilers.

Ridley

Meta Ridley

Edit: Now here's something you don't see every day from me: A stage edit. These stage edits involve some personal edits to @Xermo's Mario Bros.: X stage.

Features:
-Stage ported over Jungle Japes. Includes a module to use over Mario Bros.
-Water can now be swam in, in addition to stretching the stage downward to prevent swimming exploits.
-Replaced the POW block with the one from SMFan's "Mario Bros. proper" submission (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209960), in addition to making it a background object, rather than a platform.
-Stretched the stage itself outward slightly, so the platforms hover over the stage, rather than hovering offstage.
-Replaced the Warp Pipe with the one from Mario's Entry file.
-Replaced the brick and pipe textures with the vanilla textures.
-Applied Fighter shadows to the platforms and floor.
-Darkened the overall stage lighting, alongside giving it a subtle blue hue.
-Removed unused models and textures, in addition to modifying redundant materials.
-Stage Selection Icon included.
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=214854

1080p HD previews.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Going to give a minor bump to let you all know I'm still working on stuff. I've also added my update to my overhaul of Classic Ridley under the "Current Projects" label. Unfortunately, progress for the poll winner hasn't been made recently.

For those looking forward to my Alloy project, I've decided to port Kirby's model over onto Jigglypuff's moveset for the Green Alloy, as Kirby lacks a BrawlEx module, due to complications regarding his Copy Ability Articles. There's a few minor issues I still need to fix, but otherwise, it's an almost perfect port. I just need to port and edit Jigglypuff's Special animations to fit over Kirby's skeleton + Idle.
The current issues I'm facing at the moment are as followed:
-Jigglypuff has less shadow bones than Kirby. This can be fixed, but requires tedious hex editing.
-When using Rollout, Kirby's model does not spin (Jigglypuff's model still spins though). I'm assuming this is something controlled in the module, as I haven't found anything relevant in PSA, so I'm going to have to ask around for this one.
Though despite this, I've managed to experiment with some ideas I've had for the Green Alloy's Specials. While I wanted to wait to show previews, it's going to be a while until the Green Alloy itself is in a preview-able state, so I'll just show my rough drafts in the meantime.
Side Special: A custom variation of Pound taken straight from Sm4sh.

Up Special: A custom variation of Final Cutter taken straight from Sm4sh, but with some minor tweaks. Since this preview, the Beam Sword has been replaced with the Primid's Beam Sword.

Down Special: A custom variation of Rest, but this time, it's an original concept.
This is all I have to show for today. I'm hoping to show off more things in the near future.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Two weeks without an update? I better fix that. I've been keeping this under wraps for a while (since I didn't want to reveal a release date, but then suddenly have to make a delay), but I'm hoping to release my update to my overhaul of Classic Ridley early December, but in the meantime, since BaganSmashBros is giving me permission to show these (since these are brand new animations he's made that haven't been shown until recently), have a teaser treat of what's to come with this overhaul update.

New Back Throw:
New Up Throw:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Happy late new year, everyone. Here's a stream I had yesterday with Shockbound, which contains over an hour's worth of Classic Ridley (unreleased update) gameplay.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I wish I could have more to show to get some activity in here, but the best I can offer right now is more stream uploads, which I have placed into a playlist (so I don't have to post multiple video links in a single post).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLZL6_FCfwBjRHHFoihPLTWyOVeVuBoFj
The most recent stream was recorded and uploaded yesterday, which contains more than just Classic Ridley. It also contains Waluigi and the first ever gameplay footage of the Alloys I've been teasing.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could have more to show to get some activity in here, but the best I can offer right now is more stream uploads, which I have placed into a playlist (so I don't have to post multiple video links in a single post).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLZL6_FCfwBjRHHFoihPLTWyOVeVuBoFj
The most recent stream was recorded and uploaded yesterday, which contains more than just Classic Ridley. It also contains Waluigi and the first ever gameplay footage of the Alloys I've been teasing.
Is there any possibility that Classic Ridley would be added to regular PM like the original mod? I have tried, but I can't make heads or tails of how to use Brawl EX, specifically how to add characters and such.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Is there any possibility that Classic Ridley would be added to regular PM like the original mod? I have tried, but I can't make heads or tails of how to use Brawl EX, specifically how to add characters and such.
My overhaul requires Classic Ridley to be an Ex slot because a code to fix his fireball placement relies on him being an Ex Clone (Fighter ID 0x50), but I'm planning on releasing a pre-made build once I release this update for users whom are having a hard time with manual installation.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
My overhaul requires Classic Ridley to be an Ex slot because a code to fix his fireball placement relies on him being an Ex Clone (Fighter ID 0x50), but I'm planning on releasing a pre-made build once I release this update for users whom are having a hard time with manual installation.
That is such amazing news!

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Oof, this thread sure died...Let's bring it back!...Again...

Remember that Fighting Alloy Team project I was working on...?

The renders were done by _Mach7_, so there's no imgur link this time.​
Finally, it's here for you. It's the last member of the Fighting Alloy Team! Here's the Green Alloy! This Alloy is unique from not just being based off a single character, but rather a hybrid of two characters (Kirby and Jigglypuff, but favoring Kirby). Check out the below spoiler for what's in store for the Green Alloy.
I'll now go into further detail on Green Alloy's Specials. Click on the gifs themselves for smoother playback.

<Standard Special: Throw>​
Being unable to copy a foe's Ability, the Green Alloy trades that for a fast-paced Special Throw system, being able to grab and throw enemies on the ground and in the air. Upon grabbing a foe with this Special, the Green Alloy has 30 Frames to pick a direction before automatically throwing its victim. This move also trades item interaction with the move for enhanced inhale range.

<Side Special: Pound Blitz>​
When compared to Jigglypuff's Pound, the Green Alloy's Side Special trades a single hit for multi-hit properties in addition to faster startup, more shield damage, and more distance, but at the cost of less overall damage and more endlag.

<Up Special: Upper Cutter>​
When compared to Final Cutter, this move is more straightforward with its simple vertical recovery, trading the ability to descend for faster startup and higher damage. Additionally, just like what Final Cutter can do, Upper Cutter is also capable of moving horizontally by moving the control stick forward while holding B.

<Down Special: Rapid Spin>​
In a surprising twist, the Green Alloy's Down Special is neither an alternate Rest nor an alternate Stone, but rather an alternate Rollout. This variation of Rollout trades power, duration, and a little movement speed for a faster charge rate and some other powerful goodies, such as being able to jump while rolling on the ground (it can even short hop or full hop) and cancel into an Attack, Special, or Jump upon hit.

<Final Smash: Cruel Mode>​
Upon absorbing the power of the Smash Ball, the Green Alloy gains a newfound strength from the inner depths of Cruel Brawl. This newfound power quadruples the knockback scaling of all non-Item and non-fixed knockback attacks, allowing for very early KOs, but at the cost of having no protection (Final Smash Intangibility, Final Smash Super Armor, etc) throughout its duration. This effect lasts for 12 seconds. This Final Smash is also shared by all 4 Alloys.
Now that I have the movesets complete for the Fighting Alloy Team, you would think it's time for a release, but unfortunately, there are a handful of issues which prevent me from making a release, but once those issues are resolved, there will most certainly be a release. So until then, this might be the last time you all hear about the Alloys. And as always, thanks for tuning in.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
3 month necro (and a triple post, geez), I know, but I have another progress update for Classic Ridley. For those who follow me on Twitter, you'll see this coming, but for those who don't, the update to Classic Ridley is almost done. All he needs are Heavy Item animations and his new Up Smash animations to be finished. There's a couple other things I'd like done too, which are model optimizations (since as of now, 4 Ridley's lag on lower poly stages and 3 Ridleys lag on higher poly stages), new renders after the model optimizations (to reflect the new recolors), and a release trailer, but we've been working on this for over a year now, and I wouldn't want any further delays, so I really hope I can make a release within the next few months.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
(Quad post, I know, but it's rather important) Remember when I teased Snake's box walk a few years back before PM was shut down? Well I'm coming back a few years later to finally make a release to the public (in a similar fashion to Pig Ganon, Headband Jigglypuff, SJS ZSS, and Awakening Roy).

Features include:
-Looping Snake's Box Taunt (hold down D-Pad, release it to end the loop).
-Box Walking (use the left and right D-Pad).
-Reaction when his box is removed (Metal Gear exclamation point and alert SFX play), alongside an alternate getup animation after the removal of his box (release down D-Pad).
-Bug fix which made his tranq dart unable to be reflected by a powershield or the Franklin Badge.

Demonstration:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5ml1dfbce53cxc/Snake Box Walk (Project M v3.6).zip?dl=0

It was truly an honor to work with the PMDT before the shutdown, and I can only hope we'd be able to come back together and officially work on PM once more.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Entering the fray with a sextuple post...(Does anyone not have anything to say about the things I've been showing?)

For those still watching my Fighting Alloy Team project, I've recorded and uploaded gameplay videos of each of the Alloys. Since they're almost identical to their originals, I've made the most use out of their Specials to highlight their core differences.

Red:
Blue:
Yellow:
Green:
Thumbnails made by TheRealHeroOfWinds TheRealHeroOfWinds .
Renders made by Mach7.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
So it's been about two months since any updates, so I feel I'm obliged to give an update.

Alloys haven't changed since my last preview, but I did forget to showcase something I did for the Yellow Alloy's Neutral Special.
I've allowed the Yellow Alloy to angle its projectile while also restoring its surface bouncing properties.

For Ridley, I've done numerous things since the last previews.

I've uploaded a (now outdated) preview video of the current Ridley at the time facing off against the current Waluigi at the time, so you're all able to see new things for both Ridley and Waluigi.

The reason why the above video is outdated is because of a few things.

Updated Super Metroid Box Art alternate color. Wing membranes are now yellow, thanks to Cahalan Cahalan .

An undisclosed discovery has allowed me to give Ridley 18 costume slots (default limit was 15). Though I'll need permission from the user involved if I were to include this in the pre-made build I plan on releasing.

Meta Ridley has been given an electric spark effect for when stunned by things like shield breaks, Deku Nuts, etc.

New Side Special visuals.

New Up Special visuals + animation edits.

New Down Special mechanic.

That's all I have to show for now.

In regards to what's left for Alloys and Ridley, the Alloys need their Wireframe alt costumes, and Ridley needs his Heavy Item animations polished and PSA coded. I can only hope we're able to get everything done before the end of the year.

Mimimax

Smash Rookie
Not really a request (and not related to Ridley) but is there a chance you'd make Polygon Team alts for the Alloys? Sorry if that's already a thing, I'm not aware if it really is. Anyway I think it'd be cool.

Top Bottom