• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts [SPOILERS]

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
I recently saw a very interesting game in EGM. It was a preview, and a have very little info at the moment.

Title: Kingdom Hearts
Genre: RPG
Rating: E
Platform: PS2
Memory Card Usage: Unkwown
MSRP: Unkwown

Square and Disney get together to create Kingdom Hearts (I don't remember the name correctly, sorry). A kid named Zora (?) must go on in a journey to save his friend, and to reach that goal he must use the help of... Donald Duck and Goofy? Yes, that's right, the main character gets the help from classic Disney characters.

To find his friend, the hero must journey through different Disney worlds, such as London from Peter Pan, the water wold of The Little Mermaid, and the Nightmare world of The Nightmare before Christmas. While the main hero has many abilities, Googy helps out with shields, and Donald with his healing spells.

The game is being developed by one of the people behind the Final Fantasy series, so it's a serious RPG, despite the fact that it features many characters from Disney movies. The main theme is sung by the equivalent of Britney Spears in Japan, and the game features the voices from David Ghallager and that kid from The Sixth Sense as Zora.

When I have more info I'll let you know, but I want to know what you think and if you have anything to share here.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heh, I knew about this lil' gem of a game since E3 2001 [before Square's FFX was even out ;)]. A little correction to the main character's name, it's Sora ["sky" in Japanese].

The story goes: that each world is seald by a door, but the darkness that exists in every world has grown to a point that the doors sealing of the worlds have been opened creating chaos. Only the "one with the key" can restore order. So anyhoo, Sora and his friends Raiku and Kairi are enjoying their island paradise, cut off from the rest of the world, not knowing what is "out there" until one night a great storm/"the darkness" arises and seperates these three frineds. Sora finds himself in a new world with Donald and Goofy oddly enough, who explain that they are looking for King Mickey who has disapeared when "the darkness" came. Sora explains that he is also looking for his friends as well, but now he is in possesion of a strange key. They join forces in seach of their compainons, and since the doors to all the worlds have been opened, they search from Tarzan's Jungle, to Hercules's Stadium, to Jack Skelleton's Halloween Town in searh of Mickey, Kairi, and Raiku, and fighting "the darkness" that have taken over each of these words.

oh, and Hayley Jo Osmit [sp?] is the voice of Sora. Yeah, he was the kid from The Sixth Sense, Pay it Forward, and A.I.

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
The ways of the Journeyman...

Apparently the game was planned to come out in the GameCube, too, but somehow the developers decided not to. That's just bogus.

BTW, I would like this to be an official game post, so if Javarice is out there, please take this into consideration. Come on, people! Doesn't anybody have anything else to say?

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
Hmm, I swear a topic just like this existed, but it is more than 15 pages back, so this one will be official. I'll add it to Yav's rule page.

I saw the game a lot of places and it looks great. The voices are done by Haley Joel Osment (Sixth Sense), some girl from A Bug's Life and David something from 7th Heaven. Cool.

It will also be great traveling and fighting with Disney characters and going through their worlds.

Too bad it's not going multiplatform, cuz it would look great on my Cube......

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not everybody from the movies will be in it...

The voices of the Summons will probably not be in KH. Insteed they will have sound alikes... :( oh well I still can't wait for this game! :shyguy: :beezo:

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
I'm interested to see how exactly they fit the FF characters into the story. I'm probly never gonna play it cause my only friend with a PS2 will think it sucks, cause of the disneyness.....

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
The ways of the Journeyman...

Thanks, Kid Icarus.

Original voices from the game, like Robin Williams (the Genie) from Aladdin, are not going to be in the game for motives of schedule. That's too bad.

Also, the characters from Pixar movies (Toy Story, A Bug's Life, and Monsters, Inc.) are not gonna be in the game. Something about contract stuff. Tell right away if this is spoilers to do something about it (like change text color).

InfiniDragon615

Smash Journeyman
I'm just mad that Cloud's a villain in that game...I mean, WTF?! A villain? You don't get any Square characters in your group except Sora, which sucks too. Come on, Ariel and Pinocchio, but no Squall or Cloud? It should've been a mix of Square and Disney party members IMO...you don't even get cool Disney characters. No Beast, no Goliath, no Mulan. That turned me off to this game.

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
What you think Cloud is the only squaresoft character!

Originally posted by InfiniDragon615
I'm just mad that Cloud's a villain in that game...I mean, WTF?! A villain? You don't get any Square characters in your group except Sora, which sucks too. Come on, Ariel and Pinocchio, but no Squall or Cloud? It should've been a mix of Square and Disney party members IMO...you don't even get cool Disney characters. No Beast, no Goliath, no Mulan. That turned me off to this game.
Oh contrair! Squall is in this game (he's known as leon in it though) along with Aeris (SHE LIIIIIVVVES) Tidus, wakka, Cid (ff7 cid) and more. Oh and Beast is in this game you nut! and you should be thankful cloud is even in this game you ungreatful whelp! If you arn't going to get this game you are missing out my friend. :shyguy: :beezo:

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Yeah, but do you actually GET THEM ON YOUR TEAM? No. No Squall, Aeris, Cloud, any of them. You get Ariel, Tarzan, Aladdin and Pinocchio. Joy. Speaking of Cloud, it's kinda funny to me how he and Aeris are becoming like Cid in a way, they span across multiple games, like in FF Tactics.

annoying jammez

Donut
BRoomer
You get to fight FF characters? cool! I was planning on getting this game from movies on Kazaa before, but now it seems even more funny! Playing as Goofy? you gotta be kidding me!!!

InfiniDragon615

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by AlphaDragoon2002
Yeah, but do you actually GET THEM ON YOUR TEAM? No. No Squall, Aeris, Cloud, any of them. You get Ariel, Tarzan, Aladdin and Pinocchio. Joy. Speaking of Cloud, it's kinda funny to me how he and Aeris are becoming like Cid in a way, they span across multiple games, like in FF Tactics.
That's what I'm saying...I thought it'd be a more even character ratio. And besides, I don't care if Cloud's in the game if you don't use him. So I don't have to be "just happy he's in there!" because in FF Tactics they put Cloud in and you could use him. I knew there were FF characters in the game, but I wanted to use them in your party. Same with the Disney characters I listed.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
This isn't Final Fantasy though, something totally new [just wait for another 10 years... Kingdom Hearts VII ;)], so yeah, like Phillip said, be greatful, plus we get to hear what Sqaure picked out for the voices of the characters... but um... Many Moore for Aeris?
Uhhhhh, yeah... ^_^;;....

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kingdom Hearts was the #1 selling game in Japan when it was released [in May I think]. Besides, it's supposed to be really dark like a FF game anyways. Besides looks Disney has made some kick arse video games back in the day like SNES Aladdin, Lion King, Jungle Book and Mickey Mania... and also teamed up with Capcom to make Micky's Magical Quest one of my fav SNES games[ now on GBA... drool...]. MMQ had UBER kiddie overtones but the gameplay was top notch and very addictive.

Pigs of Doom!

Smash Ace
One thing I think that would happen is that Disney would take more spotlight than Square. Look how much D stuff there is to FF. Yeah, some FF's might be in there, but non in your crew. That and Disney charecters cannot go deep in plot and die in the story(though it would be funny to see Goofy's dramatic death)

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
Responding to Alpha and infini Dragon (same person folks)

Are you expecting me to know Everything about this game!?! Well what I do know is that you are not probably not going to play it because you think this game is for kids! (You oviously are not a hardcore gamer like myself) Plus the hard mode on KH (yes their is a hard mode on this game) would probably hand you your keister. So I'll leave it at that for now dragon boy. :shyguy: :beezo:

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Actually (I can't believe how many time I have to explain this) InfiniDragon is my twin brother Ian. I'm Chris. Back the eff off. I think that sums it up, no?

And I don't think the game is for kids, I just don't like the fact that you get no Square characters besides Sora in your group. Why the h*ll are you screwing with me? Because I don't like having mostly Disney characters? I believe that's my personal opinion. And about the difficulty of the game, why even bring that up? I don't remember clowning about whether the game was easy or not... Geez, I hope the mods didn't let you into any of the Back Rooms, because you're flaming me hardcore for something I didn't even say.

InfiniDragon615

Smash Journeyman
Before any mods get to thinking this guy's claim has any merit...

http://www.geocities.com/alphadragoon615/Chris_and_Ian.JPG

Add two question marks after the url and my proof should appear.

I'm so sick of people thinking that. Anyway, I never said I wasn't gonna give the game a chance, I said I got kinda turned off to it due to the lack of a playable Cloud and Squall. Don't make it more than it is, Phillip...

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by AlphaDragoon2002
Actually (I can't believe how many time I have to explain this) InfiniDragon is my twin brother Ian. I'm Chris. Back the eff off. I think that sums it up, no?

And I don't think the game is for kids, I just don't like the fact that you get no Square characters besides Sora in your group. Why the h*ll are you screwing with me? Because I don't like having mostly Disney characters? I believe that's my personal opinion. And about the difficulty of the game, why even bring that up? I don't remember clowning about whether the game was easy or not... Geez, I hope the mods didn't let you into any of the Back Rooms, because you're flaming me hardcore for something I didn't even say.
Well I'm glad you cleared up my theory about you two being the same. (Didn't see that one coming) and about flaming.... You have no idea what flamming is (ever hear of Yoshi-lord and The Duck) Now if you think I'm flaming you your dead wrong, I'm rguing with you about how you think that this game is a kiddy game because of the disney characters. You keep on insisting that their should be other Squaresoft characters helping you out in this game, when in fact this is not a final fantasy game (I repeat! NOT F.F.) so their's a chance that you can't be able to play either FF character in this game (this isn't FF 7 or 8 ya know) And the reason I brought up the difficulty issue is because almost every body is thinking that this is a kiddy game (which in fact it is not) Oh and speaking of the Back room... I don't see you their. So if you think I'm flamming... your wrong. (and sorry about calling you the same person.) :shyguy: :beezo:

InfiniDragon615

Smash Journeyman
On behalf of Alpha and myself...apology accepted.

Anyway, I don't think he said the game was kiddy, because he and I both hate people who say that about games (see almost every XBOX fanboy ever). But I do know Alpha's a hardcore Square fan, so he probably wanted to see more of their influence in Kindgom Hearts. Like I said in the last post, I haven't totally given up on this game, I'm just disappointed that you can't use any of the FF heroes in your party.

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think that you'll be dissapointed.

I belive that I heard that Squall (leon in this game) Might help out in your team. (but you can't controll him) I belive Cid runs the shops, and I think Aeris and possible Cloud will help (If you can free him from Haddes) So I don't think that he'll be dissapointed. :shyguy: :beezo:

kyuusei

Smash Rookie
I've been watching info/news/media on this game forever.. even got to play it at E3. Unfortunately, I have to wait for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix to come out in Japan in December, since I only have the Japanese PS2...

If anyone cares, there's a lot of info and playable impressions on KH here.

http://www.rpgfan.com/previews/khearts.html

Since KH is an action RPG, you only control Sora, the main character... but you have to heal Donald and Goofy (yes, they're ein your party :p), yourself. Though again, I only played the E3 demo, so I'm not sure if you'll ever get to control Riku and Kairi, the other two original Square characters. FF characters or not, KH was a **** of a lot of fun (it even has a rather interactive environment), and I wish I could have it in September instead of December. Blargh.

Even though it really seemed like a kiddie game when Square first announced it at E32K1, it actually has quite the involving story it seems... obviously it's not going to be taken to the level of, say, Xenogears, but the game seemed to be geared towards kids (though obviously not really young) and long time Square fans alike. And Square's apparently upped the game's difficulty from that of its Japanese counterpart, and tossed in a couple of extra bosses.

Eh, voices... from what I heard, the Disney characters have their original VAs... and a few of the VAs for the Square characters can be found here.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0322968

I've heard some of the voices through video clips on IGN, and so far they're actually quite good. I hope to God that Lance Bass doesn't have a big role. :p

~kyuu

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know about the latest rule on bumping but....

Personally I don't care if Lance Bass has a big role or not, If he's going to be a voice actor, then he'd better do a good job of it esspecially sence he is the hardest boss in KH (sephiroth) Anywho I belive it is out and ready for you to purchess. So Let's here the opinions of others who have bought this wonderful game. :shyguy: :beezo:

MJS

NOT A FINGAH!
BRoomer
When I first saw the preview for this, I thought Square was getting their hands on some fine weed.
I have a feeling this game's going to be a serious hit, simply because of its diversity. Kids and older gamers alike will enjoy it.

Crono

BRoomer
BRoomer
As soon as I can round up some funds, I'm definitely going to buy this game. I don't think I'll even bother to rent it first, although I probably should... but man, there's so much innovation. I get a fuzzy feeling seeing Square characters fighting side by side with Disney characters. (It brings back memories of Disney's World of Illusion for Sega Genesis.)

I love the commercial for this game because that song is so catchy, and I love the sound. If it rocks your socks as much as mine and you want to download it, it is "Simple and Clean" by Utada Hikaru.

sharkboy013

Smash Lord
I will kill my brother if I get my hands on him... I WANT MY PS2 BACK!

This game looks awesome, and I can't play it... not till I get my hands on a PS2. Lance Bass as Sephiroth? ICK! I pity any girl that ever loved sephiroth. (Unless they liked N'Suck too. Very Rare.) Mandy Moore should do well as Aeris. David Gallagher as Rikku?! You ARE kidding right? Cause Tara Strong does her voice better than everyone.

saud

Smash Lord
Did you know that this game is also coming on the pc they showed that in a french chanel called game one. when they finished show the clip, it was writen kingdom hearts for ps2/pc!

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Originally posted by sharkboy013
David Gallagher as Rikku?! You ARE kidding right? Cause Tara Strong does her voice better than everyone.

Actually, I belive that the Rikku they are referring to isnt the one from FFX. I think its the name of the white haired kid, he's Sora's rival or something like that. The only FFX chars that are in the game are Tidus and Wakka....

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Yes, the one in KH is Riku (note the one k, he's the hardcore white haired guy) while the one in FFX is Rikku (cutesy teenage girl)

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Raccoon87
That game would have been great if Meeko were in it.
Hey!! Come to think of it, I haven't seen anycharacters from Pocahantas!! Or the Hunchback of Notre Dame... or Robin Hood... or The Black Cauldrun... any movie characters that were left out [besides Pixar movies, The Emperor's New Groove and Atlantis?

Still... how can you have a toony game without Cait?! He'd better be in KH!! Even if it's just a picture in a room!! Cait has to be in KH!!!!!

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
My two cents.

Man, I keep hearing about all those people. Does anyone know who makes the voice of whom? All I know is that the kid from The Sixth Sense, that guy from N*Sync, and that guy from Seventh Heaven are there, but who else?

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Mandy Moore does Aerith and David Boreanaz (Angel from Buffy) does Leon (Squall)

Lance Bass voices Sephiroth

And thats all I know....

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
The list of the Square characters' voices:

Haley Joel Osment- Sora
Hayden Panettiere- Kairi
David Gallagher- Riku
David Boreanaz- Squall
Christy Romano- Yuffie
Mandy Moore- Aerith
Sean Astin- Cloud
Lance Bass- Sephiroth

Most of the original voice actors for Disney's films did their characters' voices.

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
My two cents.

Man!!!

I only wish they would've release it in the GameCube, too. Maybe they'll do like Sonic Adventure 2 from Sega when it was re-released as Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

*crosses fingers*

Top Bottom