• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts: Chaos Control

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
I tried this idea once but was never able to put enough time into really getting it off the ground. Well now I have time, and this is the beginning of what i feel could be a good story.

Prologue

This tale begins as the first Kingdoms hearts closes. When Sora, Donald and Goofy finally catch Pluto in those grassy fields, and Donald begins to tear open the envelope with the King's seal, the group finds themselves wrapped in darkness. When the darkness lifts, Sora finds himself on the Destiny Islands with Kairi, Riku, and the rest of the islanders. No one seems to remember what happened before but Sora.

Meanwhile, Donald and Goofy experience something similar. They seem to be the only ones that remember anything, although Jiminy's notes have not been erased. Donald, Goofy, and Jiminy set off as soon as they realize where they are, and head straight for the Destiny Islands, knowing that it's a race against time to save the inhabitants of the Destiny Islands before the heartless do them in once again.

Meanwhile, in a not so far away place, the Mushroom Kingdom goes about daily business as usual. Mario and his brother Luigi play a rousing game of tennis against their large but charming ape friend, Donkey Kong. The Wario Brothers show up, as usual, to try and ruin the day. Strangely enough, they are accompanied by Krunch (Diddy Kong Racing), a rather large, burley kremling who held a grudge against DK ever since his little buddy, Diddy, beat him in the Diddy Kong Racing Tournaments. After a small battle, the three baddies are kicked out of the kingdom. Later that night, while walking alone, Mario spots a small black creature, which violently attacks him. Mario manages to escape, but can only run to the outskirts of the kingdom. There he spots Wario, Waluigi, and Krunch. At first glance, it seems as though they are fighting the darkness that is enclosing them, but then Mario realizes they are drawing it towards themselves.

Mario reached inside the black mass in an attempt to pull the baddies out. In a brilliant flash of light, the darkness disappeared, and in his hand, Mario held a giant key. Before he could inspect the key further, the black creatures attacked from behind. Instinctively, Mario used the key as a weapon, which, to his surprise, destroyed the little black beast. Celebration was out of reach for the plumber, as multiple little creatures surrounded him. Only able to fight off a few, Mario thought he might truly be facing the end. Then, as if out of thin air, Luigi and DK were beside Mario, and together, the three were able to overcome the strength of the creatures.

After the skirmish, the three returned to the castle, only to find that the princess was gone. A huge whole in the roof was proof enough that Bowser had been there. The three ran outside to find the world around them crumbling. A huge gapping vortex, located high above the castle, was sucking everything in. And, little by little, the three felt themselves drawn towards it too...

Donald and Goofy showed up at the Destiny islands just in time. The heartless hadn't invaded yet, but time was running out. Everyone loaded onto the gummi ship, and the group was flown to Traverse Town. Leon and Yuffie remembered everything, and had been expecting Sora and company. They allowed the islanders to live in Cid's Accessory shop for the time being, and Sora, Donald, and Goofy begin to map out their plans to stop the heartless once in for all. While on a walk around Traverse Town (which now had a higher population of others whose worlds had been dominated by the heartless and new villains who had not been confronted on the trio's first adventure) the three meet a man who insisted on seeing the keyblade. The man jumped at Sora and grabbed at the key, but Goofy was able to jump in front of Sora and shielded him from the hands of the man. This man was tall, about as tall as Hercules, and almost appeared to have as much muscle. After a minor skirmish, the man easily over powered Sora, Donald, and Goofy. The three awoke an hour later next to Leon, Yuffie, and the man. The man was introduced as Captain Falcon, the very Captain that trained Leon, and the only person Leon openly showed respect to. Falcon apologized for the fight, not knowing who Sora and the others were. He then began to train the three daily until they were ready to leave Traverse Town.

Little did Sora know that Riku began to hate him. Riku was jealous of the time spent with Donald and Goofy, and when he confronted Sora, all Sora would say is “I can’t play now Riku”. His anger continued to build, until one day, when Riku suddenly disappeared. No one knew where he went, but Sora, Donald and Goofy would soon find out tha history can easily repeat itself.

Kingdom Hearts: Chaos Control

Mario slowly opened his eyes and began to look around. It hurt to think. He had never felt such a headache as the one overcoming him. He was facing up at a night sky. Stars filled the all of the edges of the sky and everything between. Mario lowered his gaze and saw a sign, glittering in the distance. It read “Traverse Town-Home is Where You Make It”. Reading the sign over and over in his head, it suddenly clicked. The black creatures, the hole in the castle ceiling, the black vortex engulfing the Mushroom Kingdom. It wasn’t a dream. He was no longer in the Mushroom Kingdom!

Mario quickly jumped to his feet and without haste began walking at a rather quick pace. He seemed to be in a town center of sorts, benches surrounding him tipped him off, as well as the nearby fountain, the bell free, and the numerous shopping centers and hotels. Leering around a corner a rather relieved (although it had not occurred to him until that moment that he was alone) Mario found his brother and his giant ape friend. Mario walked to Luigi and began to attempt awaking him.

“Luigi, wake up. Can you hear me?” Luigi’s eyes opened slightly, obviously his head hurt as bad as Mario’s. “You feeling ok, little brother?”

“Mama-mia, my head is a-spinning, Mario. What happened?” Luigi asked, looking around and beginning to take in his surroundings.

“Well, I’m not sure. That spinning black thing in the sky sucked us up, and now we’re here.” Mario gestured to the town center of Traverse Town. DK, who had already began to startle a little, stood up, and began to attempt to regain his balance. “Good to see you’re alright too, DK” Mario said as he tried help DK stay balanced. “I say we look around a little, and try to get an understanding of where exactly we are.”

“Agreed.” said Luigi. The three began to walk around the town. It seemed to be simple enough, there were shops, and restraints and common folk and all of the things the Mushroom Kingdom had had. As they walked more towards what the sign Mario had seen, they saw the same black creatures, harassing an elderly woman in front of some accessory shop. More appeared around the woman, attempting an ambush. This is something the Mario Brothers and DK could not stand by and idly watch.

DK was the first to attack. Hurling his body weight at the creatures, he brushed by the old lady taking five of them with him. Away from the woman, DK proceeded to pummeling the little monsters into nothing but black dust. As this was happening, Luigi jumped onto one of the black monsters, grabbed the old lady, and hurried her to safety. This left Mario clear to finish off the remaining few with his key-sword. Mario, despite his age, has always been incredibly agile. He was able to jump, dodge, roll, and slash his way through the few black monsters with ease.

“What are those things?” Luigi asked, purely rhetorically, since no one really knew the answer.

“They’re called the Heartless, and now that you have a Keyblade, they’ll never leave you alone.” Mario, Luigi, and DK turned to see three people, two men and a woman, standing up a rise of stairs in front of the accessory shop. It was the front man, a muscular man with a flashy outfit that had spoken. The other man was slightly shorter, carried a gun-sword, and had a leather jacket. The woman appeared young, had hair shorter than Mario or Luigi, and a bandana wrapped around her head.

“Where did you get that Keyblade?” ask the gun-swordsman.

“Is it the same one?” asked the woman to the taller man.

“I’m not sure.” He replied. “You with the Keyblade, hand it to us.” The man began to approach Mario, but in a most threatening way. Mario took a fighting stance as a precaution, though a little threatening he must have appeared to the tall man.

“Do you really want to fight about this?” the tall man asked, slightly grinning. “Look, little man, I can take it from you if I have to.” With that he lunged at Mario, which Mario was able to avoid simply by jumping to the side. The man obviously didn’t expect to miss, and attempted to get at Mario again. This time, however, when Mario jumped to the side, the man spread his arms and grasped Mario shirt. The two rolled on the ground until the man stopped and stood up, holding Mario in the air by the collar of his shirt. “What now short stuff? I told you it wouldn’t be that hard to overpower y-“.

DK cut the man off by a punch square in the jaw. The man, muscular though he was, didn’t quite have the strength that DK had. As DK charged at the man again, the gun-swordsman and the woman both jumped into the mix. As DK held his one hand around the tall mans neck, he tried to fight of the other two with his free hand. He was able to keep the two back for a few moments, but the gun-swordsmen struck his weapon at the ape, knicking his forearm at the very least, but introducing DK to pain he had never felt before.

Mario and Luigi both were done playing games. Mario took Luigi by his feet and used their shared move, the Spin Throw, to hurl Luigi at the woman, knocking her instantly unconscious. As the gun-swordsman began to take another swing at DK, Mario was able to jump between the two and deflect the gun-swords blow with the Keyblade. After a few parries and slashes, Mario determined that it would take a while if he really wanted to win a sword fight with the gun-swordsman. Luigi obviously got the same idea, for he took the gun-swordsman’s diverted attention as an opportunity to throw himself into the back of the man’s legs, knocking his own feet out from under him, and slamming his back on the ground. Before he could grab at his gun-sword, Mario pointed the Keyblade at the man’s chest and said “Stay down.” Mario then walked over to DK, who had the tall man pinned against a wall. “We won’t hurt you, but you must answer our questions.” Knowing he had been defeated, the man agreed.

“Only if you will answer one of mine,” he said,” where did you get that Keyblade?”

“It appeared out of thin air to be honest.” said Mario,” One moment there was darkness, and the next, it was all gone. This was all that was left. We were taken from our home and we ended up here.”

The man nodded. “I understand now. This is all starting to make since. I can-I mean we can help you, but you are going to have to trust us.” The man said as he thrust out his hand. “Captain Falcon.”

“Mario.” Mario said as he shook the man’s hand. As confused as he was, Mario trusted the stranger who had attacked him only minutes before, as Mario was accustomed to his enemies sometimes just being mistaken, such as Donkey Kong used to be. He wasn’t sure how he was connected, but Mario felt that he was about to be led into one of his greatest adventures ever.

Rough I know, and a little short, but there should be close to daily updates. just tell me how you feel.

Yahweh

Smash Apprentice
alright for starting out. you have a lot of spelling and grammar issues. i suggest you read back through and correct. A few passive phrases, end of sentence prepositions, and other like things.

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
Agreed.

An interesting mix. I don't like giving others Keyblades unless it's an OC, because crossovers don't usually work like that. I guess in your case it might, but hey, it's you. Do whatever you want.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
I apologize for not updating as often as I said. I was cast in a play at school I didnt think I would be cast in. But I have been writing when I do get free time. It's not much, but here's something so you don't think the story is dead. and i'm very bad at grammar and such so if it's not perfect i'm sorry. I did spelling check so i hope that helps.

----------------

Sora, Donald, and Goofy were busy preparing for their departure in three days. On this particular day, they had gone to see Merlin, their magician friend who lived in town. Donald wanted to tune his magical skills, and Sora and Goofy were going to train by fighting Merlin’s magical floating chairs, tables, and other assorted furniture. Merlin, unlike Leon and Yuffie, did not seem to remember that all of what was taking place, had already taken place, so after a series of reintroductions, Merlin agreed to help the trio.

“Now if you want to increase your level of magical skill,” said the old magician to Donald,” you are going to need let the magic flow throw you, not just your staff. Use the magic to gather a sense of your surroundings, and try to attack multiple enemies.” Merlin stepped back, flicked his wand, and the chairs, the couch, the pots and pans and plates all began to circle Donald. “Now close your eyes and sense your enemies.” Donald closed his eyes and did not move. The first attack came from a chair to Donald’s right side. As it flew across the room towards Donald, Sora and goofy watched as Donald muttered some spell under his breath, pointed his staff in the direction of the oncoming chair, and shot a beam of light from the tip of the staff into the chair, shattering it into a thousand tiny splinters all around the room.

“Wow he did it!” Sora shouted.

“Way to go, Donald!” added Goofy, who was jumping up and down gleefully.

“Hold on boys, the fight isn’t over yet.” Merlin warned and pointed. The other chair and the couch were both flying towards Donald, who still had his eyes closed. The chair was coming at him from the front, while the couch came from behind.

Donald simply reached out in front of himself, opened his eyes and yelled, “Stop!” The chair, which was flying considerably fast for a magic chair, had frozen in mid-air. Donald swung around to face the flying couch, and yelled,” Freeze!” With that, a blue beam shot from Donald’s staff and struck the couch, freezing it instantly. As the frozen mass flew towards him, Donald simply stepped to the side, and let the frozen couch hit and demolish the chair which was still hanging in mid-air. The chair broke, and the frozen couch hit the ground and crumbled. The plates and pots and pans began to swarm around Donald, making a vortex motion all around him. As the object began to close in, Donald simply raised his staff and shouted,” Thunder!” Bolts of lightning traveled across the room, striking each of the objects, and destroying them. When the lightning had stopped, Donald looked around himself. Broken furniture and plates were all around him, and he remained untouched. He smiled, turned to Merlin and, quite cockily, said, “Piece of cake.” With his back turned, Donald didn’t see the one teapot hovering in the corner of the room. For whatever reason, the teapot had waited until that instance to fly towards Donald. It connected with the back of his head, shattering as soon as it struck.

“Not bad. The more you let the magic sense your enemies for you, the better you will become.” Merlin said, as a smile spread across his face. Sora and Goofy were laughing as Donald picked himself up from the ground, grumbling, and brushing himself off.

“Aw phooey.” said an embarrassed Donald. He, Sora, Goofy, and Merlin walked to a certain section of flooring in the room. With one flick of his wand, Merlin reassembled and organized all of the broken furniture and plates in the room, and with another, he made the section of flooring descend to the 1st floor, which Merlin used as a study, as his numerous books lined the walls of the room.

“If time has truly reset itself like you suggest it has,” started Merlin, “then you boys will need to consider revisiting all of the other worlds that you visited on your last adventure. You know the perils each world faced, and without your help, not to mention the very presence of the Keyblade, each world is sure to be consumed by the Heartless. I’ve taken the liberty of having Cid install a Tick Tock Clock into your gummi ship.”

“A what?” asked Sora.

“Oh excuse me.” said Merlin. “A Tick Tock Clock is a just an ordinary alarm clock. What’s special about the one you are receiving is that I have magically enhanced it to be connected to each of you’re memories. You see, subconsciously, everyone records the time and date at which something happens in their internal clock, so to speak. The way I understand it, the Heartless are greater in number and more spread out, requiring you to visit more worlds. In the event you are somewhere entirely different from where you were at that exact moment on your previous adventure, the Tick Tock Clock will ring, notifying you that somewhere else, your presence is required. Understand?”

“So when the Heartless attempt to destroy a world we visited the first time around, the clock will ring?” asked Sora, who was trying very hard to grasp the concept of the Tick Tock Clock.

“Precisely!” exclaimed Merlin. “This is why I would strongly advise that you leave as soon as possible.”

“Don’t worry, we’re leaving in 3 days.” said Donald. “I mean, saving the people of the Destiny Islands right away bought us a lot of time. No need to rush, right?” With flawless timing(as usual), a loud sound, that of an explosion was heard.

“Whoa! What was that?!” exclaimed Goofy.

“It sounded like it came from the 2nd district.” said Merlin. “Perhaps you spoke too soon. You three had better go take a look. In the mean time, I’ll be trying to understand how time has “reset” itself.”

“We’re on it!” said Sora reassuredly. With that, Sora, Donald, and Goofy ran out of Merlin’s house and towards the 2nd district, unaware of what awaited them.

“Look at it this way. You said you’ve saved your home-what’d you call it, The Mushroom Kingdom-many times right? It’s just like that, only on a bigger scale.” said the young lady, who had been introduced as Yuffie.

“Can you handle this, Mario?” asked Captain Falcon. He, Yuffie, and Leon were sitting across the room from Mario, Luigi, and DK. Falcon and Yuffie were staring at Mario very intently. Leon, the gun-swordsman, was leaning on the wall, seemingly uninterested, as he had not spoken since the group had arrived at the hotel room. Mario needed to think. What a story he had just heard! Some young man, known as the Keyblade master, along with two servants of a king, whose name Mario heard sprinkled throughout the tale, had fought their way through an army of Heartless, freeing world after world from the evil beings. Apparently, the former king of Leon’s and Yuffie’s home world, Ansem, began to perform experiments with the Heartless and the hearts of the inhabitants of his world, and was eventually consumed by the darkness in his own heart. A witch named Malificent assumed control of the Heartless, and began using them to devour world after world. The Keyblade master apparently defeated this witch, disbanding her Heartless army. The Keyblade master made his way to the heart of all worlds, Kingdom Hearts, and defeated Ansem, simply by showing him that the heart of all worlds is light after all. Somewhere in the tale Mario was sure he heard the mention of princesses being used to find the heart of all worlds, but whether or not this had anything to do with Peach’s disappearance, he could not be sure. This King who assisted the Keyblade master was a Keyblade master as well. This king was supposedly out fighting the Heartless at this very moment. Mario had inquired how there could be more than one Keyblade master. Falcon said that there were many. Only those pure of heart would obtain one, and that Mario had unwittingly proven himself to the Keyblade. To top the story off, Falcon claimed that time itself had been reset to before the previously mentioned Keyblade master’s journey had originally began. Falcon seemed to believe that some force had gained access to time travel and reset time in order to make the Heartless army larger and allow it enough time to spread to more worlds than before. Falcon’s theory was that this spreading of Heartless endangered the Mushroom Kingdom’s “heart”, and as a defense, Mario’s Keyblade had been tapped. Mario wasn’t one to be skeptical, but the story seemed ludicrous, and yet he felt inclined to help.

“If what you’re saying is true, I really have no choice do I?” Mario said with a smile. He looked to his brother for support. Luigi was the smarter one, and perhaps he had made some sense of the matter. But Luigi looked puzzled.

“Well, you know I’m here for ya.” Luigi said to Mario. Mario felt a large hand rest on his shoulder. He and Luigi turned to look at DK, who was assuring them that he too, would stick it out with them.

“Then I guess we’re in.” said Mario. “Where do we go from here?”

“You should meet the other Keyblade master,” said Falcon. “He’s here now with the King’s servants, but I’m not sure where they ran off to. They probably-“. At that moment an explosion of sorts shook the room around them.

“What was that?!” shrieked Yuffie.

“It came from the town center,” stated Falcon. He noticed the puzzled looks on Mario, Luigi, and DK’s faces. “It’s in the second district right outside this building. Leon, show the Keyblade master where. I suspect that the Heartless are back.”

“Yes sir.” said Leon to Falcon. “You three come with me.” His head still overflowing from all he had just learned, Mario readied his Keyblade, and followed Leon out of the hotel room.

Top Bottom