• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of the Hat - the hat based fighting game where your weapon is also your life-source

melbatoast

Smash Rookie
Our tiny studio has just launched our first Kickstarter. The game is called King of the Hat, and we'd be grateful if you could take a look.

The game has the simple goal of trying to crush the other persons Hat while keeping yours safe. It plays with two buttons and a joystick.

Why is this an interesting game? Because you can throw your hat. And in doing so get creative in how you want to approach the other player. Baiting, conditioning, and combo-ing along the way.

Here's some footage of us playing (we're wearing silly hats). Excuse the banter, we can get pretty rowdy sometimes ;)

Would love to hear your feedback on this type of thing. We're big fans of other fringe fighting games, like Nidhogg and Lethal League, and are trying to contribute something fresh to the genre.

If you wanna gave the game a try- we have a downloadable demo via our Discord.

Edit: We brought the game to SSC17, if you played it there let me know! Would love to re-e-meet some familiar faces.

Last edited:

Whia

Smash Apprentice
I have nothing constructive to add, but I will say that looks rad and I'd absolutely buy the **** out of it.

Top Bottom