• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I would love to see King K. Rool as a playable character.

I have for a long while now.

The Mii costume was a nice acknowledgement, but also not exactly what I wanted.

If Smash Switch is a Smash 4 enhanced port, I hope they announce DLC support. Something like that would really increase his odds.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I honestly see K Rool as one of the most likely characters going forward due to the Mii costume. I mena, I feel like it was a runner up prize made when development on Bayo started. He is easily one of my most wanted first party characters.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm a bit of a fan of a YouTube series called "Creepy Bad Endings", by a YouTuber called whoisthisgit.

In one episode, he temporarily turned things around and made an episode called "Creepy Good Endings", where he felt that the best endings in two games actually gave the player a worse vibe to end the game on than the bad endings did.

One of these games was Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, and his reason for choosing it relates to Kaptain K. Rool.

The video is embedded below, with it set to start at the correct point;

As whoisthisgit observes, the incomplete/"bad" ending of DKC2 shows K. Rool getting his comeuppance for what he's done, whereas, after all your hard work, the good ending shows that K. Rool survived, and escapes to torment the Kongs another day! To quote him directly;

What kind of a lesson is this?

"If you aim for the sky and become the best, your enemies will escape to the west."

If you never got this far, you would have thought K. Rool had got his comeuppance, and everything was great once again.

Yet, for putting 102% into defeating this game completely, K. Rool is the one who gets rewarded!
I just thought that you guys might find this entertaining, just as a reminder that the good ending of one of the most-revered games in the entire Donkey Kong series put quite an emphasis on K. Rool's survival and return. :laugh:

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey.. look what we have here!

Of course, you guys Kan always Kount with my support! Long live to the King! :grin:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's really nice seeing all these old faces again! :grin: But it's still a little quiet around here - since when did the K. Rool thread ever drop to page two, guys? :laugh:

So, to try to liven things up a bit, here's whoisthisgit's Creepy Bad Endings episode about the Donkey Kong Country trilogy's and Donkey Kong 64's Game Overs/bad endings;

What's great about this series is that its creator goes into what creates a bad ending's "fear factor", and I think that the four endings shown here - whether you find them creepy or not - both directly and indirectly show K. Rool's ruthlessness and unhinged nature. Each of the DKC Game Overs provides a hint as to what happens after the Kongs are defeated or captured, and DK64's Game Over/bad ending takes a similar approach to Banjo-Kazooie, and really drives your failure home.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's really nice seeing all these old faces again! :grin: But it's still a little quiet around here - since when did the K. Rool thread ever drop to page two, guys? :laugh:

So, to try to liven things up a bit, here's whoisthisgit's Creepy Bad Endings episode about the Donkey Kong Country trilogy's and Donkey Kong 64's Game Overs/bad endings;

What's great about this series is that its creator goes into what creates a bad ending's "fear factor", and I think that the four endings shown here - whether you find them creepy or not - both directly and indirectly show K. Rool's ruthlessness and unhinged nature. Each of the DKC Game Overs provides a hint as to what happens after the Kongs are defeated or captured, and DK64's Game Over/bad ending takes a similar approach to Banjo-Kazooie, and really drives your failure home.
And people say the original DKC was never dark.

But this is just Rare giving kids a reason why they need to get good, so stuff like this won't haunt them in their sleep. The second ending still sends me chills to this day.

Cyro_

Smash Cadet
Bit surprised K. Rool didn't win the smash ballot (even if he did it probably wouldn't of mattered, judging by Sakurai saying "Bayonetta was the most notable." or something like that). I know lots of people who voted him and wanted him in smash. Support.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr.'s specials fit Kaptain K. Rool.

Regular special is the cannonball, the up special is firing his blunderbuss below which in turns propels the kremling, side special is jetting to the side with fire coming from his gun, and down special being the klaptrap.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support. DK needs some more reps. He and Dixie would be ideal imo, but if we can only have one, it's gotta be K. Rool.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My old moveset from years ago in case anyone wanted it
K.Rool moveset!
King K.Rool, Kaptain K.Rool, Baron K.Roolenstein and boxing K.Rool as alts
Taller and heavier than Bowser, also a bit thicker
Speed: Mario
Jump height: ROB
Entrance animation: Jumps out of the Kruiser
Attacks
Jab: Punches straight in front of him
Ftilt: Delivers a nasty hook
Utilt: Grabs hat and swipes above head with it
Dtilt: Sticks leg out to trip foes
FSmash: Headbutts enemy
USmash: Delivers an uppercut
DSmash: Bounces on ground to create a shockwave
Nair: Body slam pose, similar to Dedede and Wario
Fair: Grabs hat and thrusts it like a knife, hat spikes enemies
Bair: Jigglypuff Bair but with tail
Dair: Violently thrusts foot downwards
Grabs and throws
Grab: Grabs his blunderbuss and uses the suction feature
Pummel: Glares with his eye hard enough to damage
Fthrow: Beats foe with blunderbuss
Bthrow: Grabs foe and suplexes them
Uthrow: Savagely bites foe and flings them upwards
Dthrow: Sits on foe
Specials
B: Throws hat, powerful and quick projectile, but obviously long cooldown
Side B: Throws vials that create acid pools damaging anyone who touches it, K.Rool also gets damaged with this
Up B: Flies on a jetpack like ROB, doesn't last nearly as long, but the flame coming out spikes
Down B: Lies down, anyone who hits him then hears laughter and gets shot by the blunderbuss
Final Smash: Charges forward in a blinded frenzy while roaring, anyone hit gets launched very far
Non attacks
Taunt1: Yells "THANK YOU THANK YOU"
Taunt2: Sings the first notes of Gangplank Galleon
Taunt3: Places hand on mouth like in his official DKC artwork while making a surprised look going "Ooh..."
Victory theme: Metal remix of DK victory theme
Victory pose1: Sits on throne twiddling thumbs while laughing
Victory pose2: Snarls and says "Any last requests?"
Victory pose3: Falls on a stash of bananas and maniacally squashes them while giggling
Guidance: Pit: Who's this fatso lady Palutena? K.Rool : Fatso is it? I'd choose my last words more carefully if I were you... Palutena: Ignore him Pit, King K.Rool, while rather comical, is extremely dangerous, he has stolen Donkey Kongs bananas on multiple occasions. Pit: Bananas? Why would he want those? Are they his favourite food or something? K.Rool: Fool, I find bananas disgusting, I merely steal them to starve the kongs! Palutena: I'd watch out Pit, K.Rool's smart and although he makes the same mistakes, after he realises his current strategy doesn't work, he thinks of something different while improving on that

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I am fine with either Kanonball Rain or the False Kredits.

its a tough choice but i would probably go with the kredits.

k.rool with do a audible "ugh" fall to the floor playing dead while kredits go up carrying characters to the blast zone above(sort of like that one subspace emissary enemy) after he is done he will spring back up onto his feet maybe after doing a few twiches first.

the kanonball rain although a great homage would feel kinda dull,it would be sort of like ness pk starstorm from brawl but with cannonballs

the blast-o-matic might be pretty interisting though....it could be a cutscene esq final smash like captain falcons and it can be done in a few different ways,the king kruiser 2 will fly in and pick up k.rool and whoever the jet hits on the way over will be the characters to be attacked,it will then show k.rool laugh maniacally and press a button,it will then show the laser beam charge up and shoot the characters and end the cutscene or same thing as above but instead of the laser hitting characters that the jet bumped into with a cutscene the whole island can appear in the background and you can aim the laser maunually at whatever you want(sort of like a snake/zero suit samus final smash but from the back of the screen)

also i dont know what got into me yesterday but the urge to chuckle is now back

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey everyone, it's been a while. :grin:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
King K. Rool would fit as well! We have our two heroes who are in the fight together, now what it needs is a villain and we have a fight to remember!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Should K. Rool have realistic animal sounds a la Bowser and the Kongs or have a cartoony voice like the games?

This should spark some discussion.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Should K. Rool have realistic animal sounds a la Bowser and the Kongs or have a cartoony voice like the games?

I really want him to be as true to the games as possible, but Sakurai would give him generic saltie grunts and hisses.

But I'd like to be proven wrong though.

I'd personally prefer him to have a cartoony voice. DK and Diddy's (and Bowser's) voices should be changed to cartoony as well, imo.

Not sure which would more likely, though.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

I would like to think that he would have cartoony sounds. But they'll probably be consistent and make him sound like a generic reptile.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'd like to have K. Rool with his Super Sluggers/Barrel Blast voice actor, with an occasional grunt from SNES games (probably for Star K.O. or other things like that);

in my opinion, every character should have their original voices (DK, Diddy and Bowser), since Sakurai doesn't seem to care much about having a faithful moveset in some cases.. at least give them their voices, is the bare minimum. (I'm salty that Pac-man doesn't have his death sound effect anywhere)

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I'd like to have K. Rool with his Super Sluggers/Barrel Blast voice actor, with an occasional grunt from SNES games (probably for Star K.O. or other things like that);

in my opinion, every character should have their original voices (DK, Diddy and Bowser), since Sakurai doesn't seem to care much about having a faithful moveset in some cases.. at least give them their voices, is the bare minimum. (I'm salty that Pac-man doesn't have his death sound effect anywhere)
Whoa, Pac-Man is one of the characters I like to play the most, and yet that never occurred to me. Now I'm kinda salty too...

As for voices, I'm pretty much of the same opinion. I'd like to have the cartoony voices from their games, but doubt that'd be the case.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
K Rool and Ridley at the same time please. Would suck to have one without the other. I need my big boy fights.

i would like him with his donkey kong 64 voice with some snes clips in there....depending on the design that is....if its rare then original is the way to go but if its paon the the original voice wont fit in as well so they could use the barrel blast ones

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
K Rool and Ridley at the same time please. Would suck to have one without the other. I need my big boy fights.
Imagine a heroes versus villains battle scenario:

Mario + Link + Samus + Donkey Kong

VERSUS

Bowser + Ganondorf + Ridley + King K.Rool

10/10

Would play again.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

VERSUS

10/10

Would play again.
I would love for there to be enough villains for me to fire up 8-Man Smash and fight seven of them at once.

Right now, we only have Bowser, Bowser Jr., and Ganondorf - and, really, Ganondorf is the only truly evil one out of the three.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

VERSUS

10/10

Would play again.
I can't tell how many hours I spent in Smash 4 wathcing cpu's/playing myself as many thematic match combinations I could think of XD.

Yh I'd probs do that 4v4 too if they become newcomers.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I would love for there to be enough villains for me to fire up 8-Man Smash and fight seven of them at once.

Right now, we only have Bowser, Bowser Jr., and Ganondorf - and, really, Ganondorf is the only truly evil one out of the three.
Or perhaps a full 8-Player villain Free-for-All? Adding to those 3, bring back Wolf (he sort of counts), and add K. Rool, Ridley, Ganon and Medusa. Those would be my picks at least.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
These are the sounds I made for Bagan's slowly-coming-along K. Rool mod a few months back.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Or perhaps a full 8-Player villain Free-for-All? Adding to those 3, bring back Wolf (he sort of counts), and add K. Rool, Ridley, Ganon and Medusa. Those would be my picks at least.
I'd swap Ganon for Hades if it was up to me.
Dark Samus would also be a great villain to add.

Last edited:
Top Bottom