• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
5000 comments in. Well, on the pure size of the croc community and chatter, we should definitely get in this time right?

(Goddamn, we needs news though)

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
If only it was that simple, we would have gotten in a long time ago if that was the case and all we had to do.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Yeah there were 2000 pages on the old thread. The K. Rool community is huge. If it was only based on Smashboards we would've had K. Rool in the first Smash Bros. lol.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I suppose Nintendo showing off King K. Rool and Dixie at Comic Con would make sense since their western made characters. Then again, I could be being really hopefull.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
There won't be a reveal for comic-con Nintendo has taken Smash to comic-con in the past and have never revealed anything.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Is there an overall consensus that if we get King K Rool, that we’ll also get Dixie Kong too? I’m primarily hoping for King K Rool, but I’ll admit. Not having her alongside him would feel pretty weird...

StormC

Smash Hero
Is there an overall consensus that if we get King K Rool, that we’ll also get Dixie Kong too? I’m primarily hoping for King K Rool, but I’ll admit. Not having her alongside him would feel pretty weird...
There’s a decent chance but I’m not sure. I don’t know if Sakurai feels two DK characters are excessive with few roster spots left, or if Dixie could work as an echo or whatnot. I also don’t know how highly he views Dixie - he only attempted her as part of Diddy’s moveset and never thought to try her as a solo act in Smash 4 or DLC.

If there’s 7-8 newcomers including Inkling/Ridley, Rool and Dixie together is pretty plausible. Less than that and it’s harder to say.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
A thought crossed my mind. CC is a big convention where lots of people dress up. What if they showed off a certain character who also dresses up for each game that they are in. Hmm.. Now that would be awesome!

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I think that a DK newcomer it's a really high chance this time, the problem is who. It's not like Metroid where only Ridley was the obvious next one. In DK you got some characters who can fit: K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky or even Funky as echo. K. Rool seems possible for the fans (I'm greatly surprised for how popular he is) but he is outside the focus since a lot of years. Dixie it's the third DK , less popular, but half of the work it's done with Diddy and she's running around this time. Cranky could be a big surprise and Funky a filler if there's no time for adding Kongs.
It depends of Sakurai, as always. K. Rool + Dixie it's the best option by far, but sadly the girl will have more chances as echo changing the peanut gun- jetpack for bubblegum pistol-ponitail recovery. The echo chest it's opened and someone must fill it, but I'm truly afraid for Dixie in Diddy's new Final Smash.
I wan't both but it could be difficult.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
With her current role in the new DKC game, I do think Dixie has a high chance of making it in.

But she really has to contend with how popular K. Rool is amongst fans. Honestly, I'm surprised he hasn't already made it in, due to how popular he's been for so long (then again, I'm a Ridley nut, so I can also see why he hasn't made it in.)

Sakurai saying not to expect too many newcomers was just too vague, because we don't have a hard number we can guess as far as new fighters. It really could range anywhere from 3 to 12, or maybe (in our wildest dreams) more!

It's hard to speculate until we're given more facts about the game. And with this dry spell we're having with new news...

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Assuming we only get one DK newcomer, I basically see it this way:

If Sakurai saw specific demand for K. Rool, and he saw potential he wanted to work with, he would've added K. Rool. I believe Sakurai has a lot more control over character inclusions than it might seem at first. If he really wants to include K. Rool specifically, then he will.

If, however, Sakurai saw a more general demand for a "DK newcomer" in general, or didn't find K. Rool particularly compelling, he might have sought out a suggestion from the DK IP team/Nintendo. In that case, I highly doubt they would even bring up K. Rool as a possibility. They'd want to push the more recent games, with characters that they are willing to promote. In that case, we'd most likely just end up with Dixie or possibly Funky.

I have my doubts we'd get both K. Rool and Dixie. Yeah, we've gotten more than one newcomer from the same series at the same time before, but we're supposed to be expecting less newcomers this time, and honestly, when has the DK series ever been given generous treatment in Smash? This is assuming we even get one character, too. I think there's a less likely but still very possible chance we get nobody. I think the main condition on which any of these characters get added is contingent on Sakurai's own interest in pursuing them, and I'm not quite sure I believe he has that interest. I'm really just hoping that K. Rool's ballot performance did enough to persuade him, because without that as a factor, I doubt Sakurai would willingly pursue a DK newcomer. He just doesn't really seem to care much for the series.

Hope I'm completely wrong with all this, though, and we end up getting K. Rool, Dixie, and a ton of new content from the series.

Last edited:

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
I REALLY dont want to get my hopes up and I REALLY dont want to believe ANY leaks..but...
This guy here talks about a leak that predicted 3 pretty damn random things.
It predicted those weird figurines that I never heard of before
It also predicted Mario Kart Deluxe DLC(After the leak 2 days or so later Nintendo said there was going to be Deluxe DLC)
And it also said that Surge will be revealed in the direct(It would line up perfectly since Misty got revealed recently and Surge is the 3rd gym badge)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Fq7ZF9S-M
Again....I dont want to believe leaks since they are always fake but....Im actually getting gitty
A trailer that would reveal K.Rool and Dixie would be huge....
We'll know if this is fake in like 5 days

D

Deleted member

The comic con, thing is just so people could enjoy, some Nintendo Switch games, don't expect anything big from it.

I do want both King K. Rool and Dixie Kong, but if just one gets in hope it's the king of Kremlings.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It all depends

We could get the result sooner since they announce directs in advanced

Oh by the way they said too much info is fake leak but in endings they do a mashup of several upcoming in the endings then reveal the best for last smash is around so character reveals until release

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
I do want both King K. Rool and Dixie Kong, but if just one gets in hope it's the king of Kremlings.
if K.ROOL get in FIRST : i will 100% support Dixie Kong ( 1st to 2nd fav reps)

if DIXIE KONG get in FIRST : i will 100% STILL support K.ROOL ( 2st to 1nd fav reps)

i Want them both.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
And in this list....when 2015 was the year they decide for a character.. Only Bandana and K.Rool are good choice.

Rex and SpingyBoy was too new and Sora is a character and i dont think we will get in smash..

Kingdom Hearts is only on 3ds ( On Nintendo platform) and old....and Cloud is a better square enix rep sorry for Sora fan, and it seems they are A LOT )

Vive le Roi! K.ROOL
KH is on the GBA and DS as well as the 3DS, also Cloud isn't a Square rep. He's in Smash because he's the biggest name in Final Fantasy. Plus even if Cloud was a Square rep Capcom and Sega have 2 characters so Square could too even though Sora is actually owned by Disney.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
KH is on the GBA and DS as well as the 3DS, also Cloud isn't a Square rep. He's in Smash because he's the biggest name in Final Fantasy. Plus even if Cloud was a Square rep Capcom and Sega have 2 characters so Square could too even though Sora is actually owned by Disney.
im in k.rool topic.

not in sora one.
so i don't want to elaborate on why i think sora will never be in THIS smash.( this is only my opinion to tell that k.rool got a great chance
against all the one in the list)

back to the king now.

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
With her current role in the new DKC game, I do think Dixie has a high chance of making it in.

But she really has to contend with how popular K. Rool is amongst fans. Honestly, I'm surprised he hasn't already made it in, due to how popular he's been for so long (then again, I'm a Ridley nut, so I can also see why he hasn't made it in.)
Not really, No K.Rool in Brawl is understandable because Diddy was a priority, and most of the fan support probably want towards him.
And then, I think the devs did not have the time to aknowledge the King's popularity for Smash Wii U.
They just did not know, and other big characters were still in the way : Megaman, Pac Man.
I think they were surprised by the ballot.
They are finally aware of the demand, but unfortunately this is a bad timing on the relevant part.
But if the popularity factor is enough for a character to make it in this Smash, then he has his chance.

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
About the 22nd leak, one of things stated in it is that Metal Sonic would be announced to become playable in the future for Sonic Mania. Today the last Sonic Mania short came out, and I feel it kinda supports that idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HSc3ASFoG8
Seems kind of ambiguous in that regard, in my opinion. That leak said so many things, honestly, that some of it had to be right.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Seems kind of ambiguous in that regard, in my opinion. That leak said so many things, honestly, that some of it had to be right.
It is ambiguous, but it still lines up and has me suspicious. Metal went super, which he has never done before up till now, but he would be able to do it if he was playable in SM and this was a hint towards that, he is super prominent in these shorts for being a single boss in the game, and at the end of the short he was not even destroyed, which I find a tad bit odd.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
That's weird, I gotta admit. I usually don't pay attention to these since there's so many and 99% or maybe even 100% of "leaks" are just people messing with the community just to mess with them. But this metal sonic thing, on top of the previous things "confirmed", has me raising my eyebrows. It's just so outlandish though.

StormC

Smash Hero
This is promising but I need a really crazy leak like Doshin HD footage before I buy into anything.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
the july 22nd leak probably is the only leak that has some proof behind it. that's why I'm looking more carefully into that particular one. if one more thing gets confirmed from that leak my heart is going to rise. it'll be one step for king k rool to finally be a fighter

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Nintendo should have made an announcement by now if the Direct's supposed to start on the 22nd...

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Hello, everyone!

I've been following this thread and decided to create an account to show my support for K. Rool on Smash Ultimate! *waiting for the welcome video*

I couldn't find the source, but I once saw a "leak" on 4chan that stated that King K Rool would receive a new design for Smash Ultimate, based on his appearance on a supposed next DK game, where he'd be the main villain. I know that it's just another 4chan "leak", but that would be great to see.

Anyway, count me in on the King's supporters!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hello, everyone!

I've been following this thread and decided to create an account to show my support for K. Rool on Smash Ultimate! *waiting for the welcome video*

I couldn't find the source, but I once saw a "leak" on 4chan that stated that King K Rool would receive a new design for Smash Ultimate, based on his appearance on a supposed next DK game, where he'd be the main villain. I know that it's just another 4chan "leak", but that would be great to see.

Anyway, count me in on the King's supporters!

Welcome aboard!

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Also, not sure if you guys saw this, but it looks like the support for K. Rool in Japan is still going strong. Japanese poll conducted by gaming website
They didn't say how many people participated but our guy is still looking good in 4th place.

1. Rex
2. Bandana Dee
3. Spring Man
4. King K. Rool
5. Sora
Hiya. I speak Japanese. Dunno if this has been answered yet but...

The title basically translates to "Which characters are you expecting for Smash SP? Results announced!"

It's just who people expect, not necessarily want. Rex and Spring Man are not more popular than K. Rool. Dee is closer but he's still a tier below, if I must say so myself.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
im in k.rool topic.

not in sora one.
so i don't want to elaborate on why i think sora will never be in THIS smash.( this is only my opinion to tell that k.rool got a great chance
against all the one in the list)

back to the king now.
That's fine mate but the reasons you mentioned weren't good so I refuted them no matter the character or what thread the conversation takes place in I will comment against bad reasoning.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
About the 22nd leak, one of things stated in it is that Metal Sonic would be announced to become playable in the future for Sonic Mania. Today the last Sonic Mania short came out, and I feel it kinda supports that idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HSc3ASFoG8
Thanks for confirming this is offical video and not fan made on the geno thread

That's interesting if this hints metal sonic as playable that's 4 correct if true

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda dumb but... Someone come with the idea of adding DK Jr. as a fighter instead of Country characters? Just for Sakurai trolling , there's a bunch of DK trophies or items, even a stage from the arcade games.
Someone help us.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
It's kinda dumb but... Someone come with the idea of adding DK Jr. as a fighter instead of Country characters? Just for Sakurai trolling , there's a bunch of DK trophies or items, even a stage from the arcade games.
Someone help us.
The real sad part is I can actually see that happening. "DK Jr." will be considered by the masses a "Retro Rep" because he had 2 games named after him and will go to great lengths to justify why Jr. is more important and relevant then Dixie or K.Rool and that Sakurai "made the right call" simply because he had 2 games starring him while ignoring the fact that Dixie did as well and were much more critically acclaimed than Jr.'s...

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I would love to have DK Jr. I think he's a great retro choice. Definitely one of Nintendo's most iconic characters from that time. But then, I like all the eras of the DK series - arcade, Rare, weird bongo games, Retro, etc. I'm not picky. I'm also the guy who thinks we should have three DK newcomers, though, and can easily think of five DK characters I'd like to see join the battle.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
If we get nothing new until Septemberish...I will def start to worry. Maybe 5 newcomers is all we will get including echoes. Sounds pessimistic, but thats because it is.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I would love to have DK Jr. I think he's a great retro choice. Definitely one of Nintendo's most iconic characters from that time. But then, I like all the eras of the DK series - arcade, Rare, weird bongo games, Retro, etc. I'm not picky. I'm also the guy who thinks we should have three DK newcomers, though, and can easily think of five DK characters I'd like to see join the battle.
I like your optimism personally I CAN'T STAND the bongo/paon era. It was such a drop in quality for the series. The best thing I can say about the Paon era is that they actually used Rare's creations/work too bad the quality of the games themselves were mediocre. Arcade era DK is "okay" it's good for what it is/was and if it wasn't for the original DK, Nintendo might not be where they are at today. Rare is obviously my favorite DK era but Retro comes real close and even though they don't use Kremlings or any animal buddies besides Rambi (and I guess Squawks) least I can say is that their DKC are really fun and hell of a lot better than anything Paon developed and better than the Konga series that's for sure.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I’ve assumed that when Rare left Nintendo and their DK projects were cancelled, Nintendo had to come up with some DK projects fast and decided to create the DK Bongo games.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
It really does feel that Rare leaving Nintendo really poisoned the bonds between the DKC series for awhile. Its weird to think in a world where Rare hadn't been bought out, we probably would of already seen K.rool in smash, along with Banjo Kazooie. But for awhile there it really seemed like Nintendo gave a good portion of the DK crew the cold shoulder, where they only made brief appearances in Mario Baseball and DK racing game.

It pains me to feel K.Rool's Bowser status was likely torn down due to bad blood. I would like to imagine that if Sakurai puts him in Smash it might jump start his return as DK's main antagonist.

D

Deleted member

Well the leak will be proven right or not soon. I say it always was fake. But hope King K. Rool is confirmed eventually.

Top Bottom