• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede's Final Smash

ACAR

Smash Rookie
I was kinda hopin for the robot actually...

This one seems too much like Pit's, though it looks like King Dedede might not be able to attack along with his minions. Here's hope there is something more to it.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
So lets see... Sonic and Pikachu have similar FS's, and so do Mario, Samus, and Pokemon Trainer (to an extent). Link's and Ike's are similar as well, so now we see Dedede's FS is a bit like Pit's. It's appropriate, if a little dull. I would have rather seen something not so along the lines of "Beefed up version of a special move." The FS's that just take an already existing move and make it more extreme are less impressive to me for whatever reason. Anyways good to know.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I'm sure it does some good damage but I wasn't pleased with De De De's FS. But it's not the worst of Final Smashes.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
It looks alright but I guess I can't really say until I see it with my own eyes. But it looks a bit easy to dodge, if you can escape the Waddle-Dees and Gordos. Maybe they move faster than we think.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Well, his Final Smash has finally been revealed, Waddle Dee Army.

Congrats for those who predicted an army of enemies.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Well, his Final Smash has finally been revealed, Waddle Dee Army.

Congrats for those who predicted an army of enemies.
Thank ya.

I'm just a little bit disapointed in his Final Smash, but I can live with it.

Questions that need to be answered:

Just how long do the Waddle Dees stay out? Can they be KO'd? (I know for an almost fact that Gordos won't)

How many can be out in the field at a time? Maybe it varries for different stages (it's possible)

How much damage do they do?

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I was disappointed upon first read, I'll admit (and I love Dx3) but upon further inspection I think this will actually be pretty painful. It appears that Waddle Doo's also take a slice of the enemy's ***, and although sheer jumping skills could be enough to live I imagine he'll throw enough of them out to outlast anyone trying to hover over the action. Gordo hits are surely as good as a smash attack, maybe worse if they have boosted speed too.

My biggest questions are 1) how long does he call them 2) what is the rate / limit of minions and 3) do they utilize combat A.I. while pushing the enemy towards an edge?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
So lets see... Sonic and Pikachu have similar FS's, and so do Mario, Samus, and Pokemon Trainer (to an extent). Link's and Ike's are similar as well, so now we see Dedede's FS is a bit like Pit's. It's appropriate, if a little dull. I would have rather seen something not so along the lines of "Beefed up version of a special move." The FS's that just take an already existing move and make it more extreme are less impressive to me for whatever reason. Anyways good to know.
This is true and I feel the FSs could use more work for some characters.

Reno-Vgas

Smash Cadet
I really hope that we dont hear Dedede yelling at the Waddle dee with his anoying voice from Right Back at ya.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
I am not sure he will be talking, so far we have heard no talking whatsoever in the game...
Yes we have, Meta Knight talks when he wins, and its been confirmed if Snake is in the battle, and Cyborg Ninja gets released from an AT, they have a conversation.

KingDedede2

Smash Cadet
I was some what dissapoineted even though it is ok I still think the creator could of been more creative with the final smash

Top Bottom