• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King dedede=unlockable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostmind

Smash Rookie
i just went to this category for the first imes and people are already confused.

KING DEDEDE IS (I REAPEAT "IS") AN UNLOCKABLE!

yes, he's in the first event because THAT'S WHERE YOU UNLOCK HIM!!!! beat event #1 to get dedede.

same with kriby and zelda, they are unlocked in the 1st and 2nd parts of adventure

Darkurai

Smash Master
Excellent theory. However you state it as though it's fact. I would like to see your proof, please.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
kirby as an unlockable? Go play in traffic...plus you never vs enemies in events unless you have them
Gannondorf lol

But no, Deded will not be unlockable. Later events to unlock him, maybe, but not number 1.

Why would Kirby be unlockable? This is Sakurai! Creator of Kirby! He'd always want him on the starting roster.

All characters on the dojo (except for sonic and snake) are starters, it makes sense people.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Dedede could still be unlockable, but I highly doubt it'll be by completing event match #1.

Also, I really don't see Kirby nor Zelda as unlockables. I seriously think they just weren't ready for the demo.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
this is a stupid thread, very unlikely dedede will be unlockable in the first event match, and it would be pointless to just unlock kirby in the first stage of the SSE

Boofer

Smash Ace
Actually it's not unlikely that he would be Unlockable in the first Event match. That's about the only theory that holds ground.
Actually, I think unlocking him in SSE is more likely then unlocking him in the very first event match. But then again, that could mean that event matches are unlockable. Why don't you think unlocking him in the first event match is unlikely?

Here's something people haven't thought of: what if we DO encounter characters before we're able to unlock them? This way, Dedede could be unlockable in SSE with out event matches being unlockable. Though I admit that I don't think it would be a very good idea; I think unlockables SHOULD be secret. I also admit that it does not follow the "rule" set by the other games, but neither does unlocking a character in the first event match.

Honestly, I still believe it would make more sense to make Dedede a starter for the simple fact that he's been revealed and because he's in the first event match.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I doubt Dedede is an unlockable. They never show hidden locked characters in event mode (unless it's to unlock them).

And because Dedede is in the first match is not really proof that he's a unlockable. That doesn't make much sense to me. The event match doesn't completely focuses on defeating Dedede, you have to fight Bowser too. In the Ganandorf match in Melee, the battle focuses entirely on defeating Ganondorf.

Besides, the first event match should be an easy one because well...it's the first match. And I doubt Nintendo would make a character like Dedede to be very easy to unlock.

Also, didn't Sakurai warned spoiler-sensitive people about hidden characters in WiFi mode? Why would he include a hidden character in his site if that was the case? (Sonic and Snake can be exceptions because they're rather guest characters but we don't know for sure they are unlockable.)

Just putting my 2 cents in here. Sorry if this sounds rude, I intend to be nice. (I'm new here so it's natural for me to be a bit paranoid)

Boofer

Smash Ace
Are you sure about Falco? I lost all of my character data :( yesterday, and I could only do up to 30 events. I don't remember seeing Falco once, and I don't have him yet. It's been so long, I forgot how to unlock the rest of the events, but from what people are saying we have to unlock the characters first (Falco).

Naoshi

I'm pretty sure I've been in every event I could goto before unlocking Falco. I haven't seen him >.>

So yeah, I doubt it.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I've been in every event I could goto before unlocking Falco. I haven't seen him >.>

So yeah, I doubt it.
Actually, I was talking to the guy above you. I agree with your post.

I don't think unlocking dedede in Event match 1 is likely at all. As I said in my earlier post, if he IS unlockable (which I doubt) it'll be in SSE. However that is also doubtful unless event match mode itself is unlockable because we've never seen characters before they were able to be unlocked.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Are you sure about Falco? I lost all of my character data :( yesterday, and I could only do up to 30 events. I don't remember seeing Falco once, and I don't have him yet. It's been so long, I forgot how to unlock the rest of the events, but from what people are saying we have to unlock the characters first (Falco).
Event 23 Slippy's invention, you fight against Fox and Falcon both equiped with a cloaking device. you can battle there before unlocking Falco. and sorry for take to much time to answer my internet connection is very slow

Dark Meta-Knight

Smash Apprentice
Excellent theory. However you state it as though it's fact. I would like to see your proof, please.
Traffic is fun.....

Anywho, why would Kirby and Zelda have to be unlocked? That would be a stupid idea. Triple-D on the other hand, could be an unlockable. If you read somewhere in the Dojo, it says, and I quote,

"When you have a battle mode that runs online like Basic Brawl, the problem of what to do with hidden characters arises. If one of your opponents chooses a character you haven’t unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for you immediately.

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.

You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. For those of you who look forward to those encounters, I recommend you clear this mode before playing Basic Brawl.

And as the case has always been, I’ve made it so you can play the characters you unlock in battles."

This is a great idea to me.

thedup

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure it's 2 foxes before you unlock falco

and here's the spoiler:

you unlock falco by beating 100 man melee

I agree that the only way Dedede could possibly be unlockable is if events were unlockable. Which I actually think is a possibility. It might be that you'll have to beat SSE before you can do most things on Brawl, which wouldn't bother me at all

Naoshi

Traffic is fun.....

Anywho, why would Kirby and Zelda have to be unlocked? That would be a stupid idea. Triple-D on the other hand, could be an unlockable. If you read somewhere in the Dojo, it says, and I quote,

"When you have a battle mode that runs online like Basic Brawl, the problem of what to do with hidden characters arises. If one of your opponents chooses a character you haven’t unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for you immediately.

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.

You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. For those of you who look forward to those encounters, I recommend you clear this mode before playing Basic Brawl.

And as the case has always been, I’ve made it so you can play the characters you unlock in battles."

This is a great idea to me.
...That's not really proof to me. :ohwell:

flalex05

Smash Rookie
why does everyone seem to think its impossible to unlock dedede in event 1 and kirby and zelda in SSE? yes, it's unlikely but just think - this would give people incentive to play through these modes first. I can almost garuntee that is you unlocked kirby and zelda in the 2 first stages of SSE, everyone on this site would play through that immediately.

thedup

Smash Cadet
again, it only becomes falco after you unlock him. until then, it's two foxes

Naoshi

why does everyone seem to think its impossible to unlock dedede in event 1 and kirby and zelda in SSE? yes, it's unlikely but just think - this would give people incentive to play through these modes first. I can almost garuntee that is you unlocked kirby and zelda in the 2 first stages of SSE, everyone on this site would play through that immediately.

Where are you people getting the idea that Kirby is an unlockable? o_O

Fandangox

Smash Lord
If that's true people would say while playing the SE: "Let's safe Zelda instead of Peach so we can unlock her" that's not the idea of the SE Sakurai create that mode so people can make desicion by themself and not to feel obligated to safe someone just because you unlock him/her faster

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I thought they weren't showing anything unlockable on the dojo...>_>
That's just a rumour.

Plus, it does seem likely that Dedede is a starter, though unlocking him in the first event also seems likely.

And common people, you can unlock Marth in about 5 minutes, Roy in another 5, and Jigglypuff in another 5.

I checked my data on my other memory card. I managed to unlock every single Character, except for Mewtwo and Mr.G&W, in 2 hours and 27 minutes. It's not that hard to do.

But thinking that Kirby and Zelda are unlockable is just stupid. Especially for Kirby.

Torchik

Smash Ace
That's just a rumour.

Plus, it does seem likely that Dedede is a starter, though unlocking him in the first event also seems likely.

And common people, you can unlock Marth in about 5 minutes, Roy in another 5, and Jigglypuff in another 5.

I checked my data on my other memory card. I managed to unlock every single Character, except for Mewtwo and Mr.G&W, in 2 hours and 27 minutes. It's not that hard to do.

But thinking that Kirby and Zelda are unlockable is just stupid. Especially for Kirby.
Ah okay, thanks! Yeah...why would characters who were starters in the previous games be unlockable in this one...

Naoshi

Okay, seriously. Kirby as an UNLOCKABLE?! That's crazy. Why would Sakurai of all people make Kirby an unlockable character? He made the series and Kirby has been around longer than every Kirby character in the Smash series. Plus he's the MAIN rep of his games. This is like making Donkey Kong, Link and even Yoshi an unlockable. It just doesn't make any sense at all. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom