• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede Top Tier in Teams?

3GOD

Smash Ace
I've recently become a lot more interested in teams/doubles, and I'm starting to think that King Dedede is the single best character to have as a team mate. Consider the following aspects of his teams game:

- He is a freakin' tank.
- His Utilt is a great KO move.
- His multiple jumps allow him to stay out of his partner's way easily while remaining ready to hit any opponents that come flying his way.
- His ledge game is also great for staying out of his partner's way and gimping opponents.
- His recovery is virtually ungimpable and much harder to punish in teams than singles.

So, he's got basically everything you'd ever want in a team mate - stock tanking like no one else, good KO moves, gimping ability, and able to stay out of the way when he needs to.

Am I missing something, or does Dedede rule in teams? Who would be better than him?

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
no you pretty much covered it, oh just one more thing, dthrow is perfect for 2v1 sets up for any ground move perfectly, just grab, hit while your partner is charging a smash, then dthrow, opponent will go forward like they always do, i hope we all know the trajectory of his dthrow, then let the smash go, end of stock most of the time.

Seriously, i think he's the best, or MK, but Mk dies early, and KO moves can come at random times, like when you get hit into your own partners move or another opponents move and it was totally accidental.

CO18

Smash Hero
Also you can inhale an opponent with Dedede in teams, have your teammate smash you while the opponent takes full knockback and Dedede barely takes any.

DDD is teh raper in teams.

laird

Smash Apprentice
Game and Watch is amazing in teams. I think xyz proved that at FAST. He has great KO potential and can escape sketchy situations very quickly. I could see DDD/GW being pretty solid.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Game and Watch is amazing in teams. I think xyz proved that at FAST. He has great KO potential and can escape sketchy situations very quickly. I could see DDD/GW being pretty solid.
Yeah, I agree that GW is really good too. He can Up-B out of trouble, and he's got great KO power. DDD/GW is definitely a good team.

Top Bottom