• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede too slow?

VenomInk

Smash Apprentice
I dont use his F-Smash often at all....i just think hes slow...and it's like..ridiculous trying to fight a good marth...maybe I'm just used to Mario...my other main....

DinoRider

Smash Rookie
Against aggressive, quick characters like marth I try to be much more defensive. Chuck waddledees and use your tilts/grabs to their fullest. DDD's air game is plenty quick and superb off the edge, so I try to chase people off to put that advantage to good use.

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
Chuck waddledees and use your tilts/grabs to their fullest. DDD's air game is plenty quick and superb off the edge, so I try to chase people off to put that advantage to good use.
This perfectly sums up what you need to focus on against a character like marth. If you make use of these you shouldn't have any problem.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
If people get too close for comfort, suck em up. That will accomplish one of two things: You will suck them up, which will allow you to space yourself, or they will back away, giving you space.

VenomInk

Smash Apprentice
Bowser is quite slow...I mean yeah, Dedede has a good air game...but if you get kept down think you're pretty screwed...i mean an uptilt can only get you so far

DarkHero9360

Smash Cadet
lord ddd isn't slow at all for his size, imo he's one of the fastest big characters in the game plus his tilts and airs come out too fast ,just learn when to use his moves and how to read attacks and you'll see yourself speed up.

ddd ftw

VenomInk

Smash Apprentice
Though you are all correct in saying he's fast for his size....that has little to do with the statement...he is slow compared to the roster as a whole...i mean yeah...compared to slow chars hes fast...but on average...he seems far below average...i just think characters that depend on getting close range and are faster than Dedede are a little overwhelming with a character his speed

VenomInk

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I'm not saying hes not a good character...and i love playing as him...I just think that he has a huge flaw in his lack of running away potential...haha

Top Bottom