• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King DeDeDe match up

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
Anyone got any advice for the king dedede match up, I know that side b and even the spring can reflect his gordos, any other general advice?

Jaysonic

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jayson
3DS FC
5327-1295-6093
On high percentages, use an up throw and chase them with an up b followed by an the up air attack. At least that's how I like to finish them lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That can work at higher percents, but you have to be careful because if the D3 so much as nairs, you'll die.

Matchup is a lot of hit and run. You want him in the right because his landing options sans nair are terrible vs. Sonic. Gordos are a mystery to me though. Spin sometimes beats it, but also sometimes loses to it. Bair would be easiest to reflect it with, but uair works too. I believe sideB might work, but I haven't had a chance to really test it out. Otherwise, just run underneath it if it's a mid/high bounce, jump over if it's a low one.

Recovery is difficult if there's a gordo walling you from the rest of the stage. Just try getting around it as it bounces.

D3 is fat. Without including rage, unless you land a clean smash or bair near the ledge around 140%, he won't be getting KO'd until about 180 every stock. Don't get frustrated if you can't immediately knock him out. Just keep racking up damage until an unstaled KO move will suffice. :applejack:

Jaysonic

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jayson
3DS FC
5327-1295-6093
Some D3's don't cancel their up B recovery move when they land so hit them with a back air as they hit the ground.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Side b works to reflect gordos, but not when initiating the move from the air. Down b gets beat by Gordo. Sometimes I'll go through the Gordo but won't reflect it with down b. I assume this is when it's fully charged. Homing attack also locks onto and beats/launches gordos back.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Are you sure? I've beaten Gordo with ASC before. At least I think so.

@Jay: bair at higher percents or for stage control. Jump and charge downB then hit with spin > fair/uair/nair for damage and follow ups at lower percents. :applejack:

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Are you sure? I've beaten Gordo with ASC before. At least I think so.

@Jay: bair at higher percents or for stage control. Jump and charge downB then hit with spin > fair/uair/nair for damage and follow ups at lower percents. :applejack:
Did it send it back? Maybe asc sends it back, but I'm pretty sure I've never had grounded sc send it back. Like I said though, sometimes it will act like it's landing hits on the Gordo and travel through it unharmed. But the Gordo continued on it's path as well.

Slaudial

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0233-0174-7067
Dedede vs. Sanic

90-10 Sanic's favor (I'm only kind of kidding)

I despise this character

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Side b works to reflect gordos, but not when initiating the move from the air. Down b gets beat by Gordo. Sometimes I'll go through the Gordo but won't reflect it with down b. I assume this is when it's fully charged. Homing attack also locks onto and beats/launches gordos back.
I'd advise against HA because sometimes it trades hits with the Gordo.

Stick with SD for this one. Actually, I think this is one of the very few moments when the new VSDJ2 is actually kinda useful.

Augi Jr.

Smash Cadet
Gordos: Others have already discussed getting past gordos so refer to their posts. However, since you are the fastest thing alive, you should be able to get in his face easily after dodging/reflecting the first gordo.

Approach (after gordo): Watch for Shield punishing. DDD's, at least good ones, use their shield very effectively to block, grab and punish you everytime you get close; so watch for this, grab him before he grabs you.

The Fight: You'll want to get inside his hammers range as fast as you can so he has a harder time spacing his attacks against you. Be quick (like it's hard) and rack up the damage.

The Kill: Throws will be your safest option for trying to initiate (or set up) a kill; particularly back throw. It's rather difficult to Edge Guard DDD as his UpB lets him recover from an insane distance below the stage so to dodge your Bair edge guard attempt all he has to do is sink or puff himself away from you (he can afford to). Although you could possibly, (if you're really confident) Dair him before he uses his UpB then cancel and spring back to the stage; he's a large target and moves slowly in the air, so theres a good chance you can hit him from above and get back safely (just make sure you only use one jump to get over him so you can cancel that Dair). Alot of DDD's like to get to the stage wall or underslope before they UpB, so if you can, try and bair them against the wall.

Get in his face while he's off the stage. He can't exactly counter-attack without getting himself killed cause his moves have so much delay.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
His jab pisses me off because it like sucks you in what the heck

:093:

Top Bottom