• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King dedede is a pretty good character

deathbrawl2

Smash Rookie
It is said that king dedede isn't a very good character and that not many people will use him and i think that i know why...i think that the only good move is his super jump move is really good and it effects people even when it hits the ground, not to mention that he can easily avoid an attack when he flips out of the way, I think that i am one of the people that will use him quite often, but i will only use him as a secondary, because if those are the only moves that are good then...but i know that those aren't the only good ones but if you go on the dojo then you will find out all the really good moves that king dedede has to show in Brawl.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Ummmmmm.... nobody knows how good he is until people play with him in brawl.

You cant tell from just screenshots... :dizzy:

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
He's talking about how dedede isnt going to be very good just by peoples thoughts or looks, and he says how his super jump is going to be his only good move.

Hes not talking about how cool dedede is. Hes talking about his moves and how effective they are, when there is no way to tell. Hes been doing this in every character thread.

My suggestion: wait for the game before making remarks about how good a character is or isnt

deathbrawl2

Smash Rookie
well... i am excited about it but i am not just looking at the sceenshots i am carefully look at his moves and body sturture for you see king dedede won't get hit hard because you have to charge an attack for it to hit really high, he can just jump out of the way or just use his mullet to fly out of the way

deathbrawl2

Smash Rookie
it doesn't matter about his looks people don't want to know about that they want to know how good the character will be so the can fight with him rather than say oh...well he looks good so i am going to play as him and be really crapy...or they will know how good he is and say...well...i know how good he is but i don't want to play as him...THEY WANT TO KNOW HOW GOOD A CHARACTER REALLY IS

iron blade

Smash Ace
Dedede looks ok, i might use him occasionally. He will be harder to kill, being one of the heaviest characters.

P.S. Don't double post.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Your missing the point. Until the game is out, there is no way to tell how good dedede or any character is compared to the rest by just screenshots or how they look. And thats all your basing your stupid threads on. You've been doing this for every character going "Oh snake is agile and looks strong he will have an advantage over all characters" or "ike is better than link he has a big sword and is powerufl so he will be better i think" or "bowser is slow so he sucks in brawl compared to the rest".

Its like tier discussion for brawl, which is stupid, but you make it even stupider.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
It is said that king dedede isn't a very good character and that not many people will use him and i think that i know why...i think that the only good move is his super jump move is really good and it effects people even when it hits the ground, not to mention that he can easily avoid an attack when he flips out of the way, I think that i am one of the people that will use him quite often, but i will only use him as a secondary, because if those are the only moves that are good then...but i know that those aren't the only good ones but if you go on the dojo then you will find out all the really good moves that king dedede has to show in Brawl.
Honestly, Dedede looks like a slow laggy version of Bowser. His Super Jump move looks awful, and it looks like it will be hard to edge cancel. U can play Dedede if u want, but this does not need its own thread.

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
This could be the worst thread in the mother fu.cking world. But since Im here I'd like to say that nintendo_4_lyfe wins, everyone else loses. You cant say Dedede is going to suck (this is essentially what you are saying) because of pictures and rumors, that is just stupid as fu.ck.

Xenomorph_1992

Smash Cadet
I myself will not judge characters until I have seen them in action or at least heard from someone that has played as them.

From the screen shots though, he seems to have a high potential. For one thing he is a heavy character that can puff up like kirby and jump back easily (I don't know if this proven true yet but by the pictures it seems he can).

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Sakurai knows...

As far as I know Dedede can't really be Bowser slow. His Up-B makes him seem very vulnerable to attacks.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Only his Up B is good? Come on. He has a chartgeable Rocket Hammer for a Down B, a Waddle Dee Army for an FS, and Probably some of the most powerful melee attacks in the game? HOW IS HE NOT GOOD!?

Top Bottom