• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede Doesn't Follow The Rules

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
So, after being annoyed far too much by the Final Smashes, I decided to turn off items (at least just for 1v1s). But was King Dedede paying attention when I turned off the items? Apparently not.

After spamming the living Hell out of my Waddle Dee's, Doo's, and Don'ts (That's what I call the Spike Ball thingy), he decided to throw a capsule. What was in the capsule you ask? Why, a Smash Ball of course!

Now, it was one thing when Peach was able to pull out a beam sword or bomb at random, but this is ridiculous. I think we can all agree that some Final Smashes are broken (*cough* Falco *cough*), so what does all this mean?

Quite frankly, I'm still trying to decide if this is awesome or not.

Discuss.

aeota

Smash Cadet
Turn all items off individually = he never throws items

Turn all items on with NONE on the ratio, he can still toss items (though turning items off individually will disable what comes out of the capsule!)

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
I Always play with items off. The other day I pulled out a capsule too. A smash ball was inside. I've only done it once so it might be a rare occurence.

aeota

Smash Cadet
There IS a difference between Items disabled and items enabled with an appearance ratio of NONE

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
this is extreemly awsome.

because i belive that you can turn the item switch off, then turn on only the items that you would like to throw at the other guy. (like bombs)

I havent tested this, but even if im wrong, anything DDD does is awesome.

aeota

Smash Cadet
It will spawn capsules that spawn bombs, but Im unsure if these capsules would explode on throw. I wonder what the odds are of each thing he throws..

Waddle Dee = ?
Waddle Doo = ?
Spikey = ?
Capsule = ?

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
If you manually turn off all items, NOT just set it to "None" for appearance, but actually see that all items are off, DDD will not throw the random item with his side B.

Come on guys, it's the 50th thread about this. How will our DDDs ever improve if this is ALL we talk about?! T_T

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Turn all items off individually = he never throws items

Turn all items on with NONE on the ratio, he can still toss items (though turning items off individually will disable what comes out of the capsule!)
No, I got a smash ball with smash balls off...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My Dedede tossed a Dragoon piece, even when the items were off. He also threw a Capsule with a smash ball once (or was it the smash ball itself, i forgot). It's a very rare occurance, like Peach's Beam sword from the ground, cept even more rare.
And the Spikey thing is called a Gordo.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
how often are theyre gonna be topics like this. this cannot happen if all items are off and everything is switched to none. People keep just setting the occurrence to none , and for some unknown reason refuse to read the sticky stating this fact. this is getting out of hand, topics like these need to be locked instantly. We need to work on DeDeDe's metagame, not discuss this stupid dead horse of a topic. this is getting ludicrous.

Top Bottom