• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede are funny

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
First off, let me say I don't play with items, ever. Knowing that this is a Dedede forum, you're probably thinking that it's about to get random.

I was playing tournament mode with 3 of my friends. We did 8 player, so we each got two characters. I chose Dedede and Marth. In my first Dedede match, I was a little rusty but I managed to two-stock my friend by firing a Gordo on his last stock. In the next match, I started throwing more Dees...I ended up throwing so much that I totalled TWO dragoon pieces before I ended the match with another Gordo. In the third one, something hilarious happened. In an endless stream of Waddle-throwing, I threw a Capsule. Out came a Pokeball, which was much to the surprise of my opponent. Since he was hit by the capsule, I was able to grab the Pokeball and toss it down uncontested. Out popped a Bellossom, and as my friend recovered, he was put to sleep. He wasn't too happy. I fully charged an Fsmash at perfect range, killing him where he only had 35% before. Then I ended the match with a Gordo.

I won that tournament with Dedede.

I was just goldfishing with my Dedede versus a Level 9, and I had him down to two stock. I threw a Waddle, but it wasn't a Waddle-Dee, it was a capsule again. Out popped a SMASH BALL, which I grabbed easily. I was amazed. I had NO idea that Dedede could pull out ANY item! It's awesome. The Army took one of my foes' stock.

I like it because it adds so much versatility to him. How will you learn to use something that is so random? It's only a small chance that you'll get a capsule that doesn't explode, but when you do, WHAT will you do with it? I know the dragoon parts are completely useless unless you're playing a 7-stock with nothing but Waddle-throwing.

Some people will think that Dedede will be banned, because of this. I think they've got it all wrong, that items are only banned because of the random appearance giving players undeserved and unfair advantages, while Dedede's placement is within his throwing range, making it fair to whoever gets the item.

Another reason is his chaingrab, but it's possible to break out of it with the new DI system. I can never get past two consecutive grabs against a level 9, and I've almost got it down.

I guess I have a question to end this post: Have any of you D3 users pulled a random game-swinging item yet?

PwnageLlama

Smash Cadet
I had a similar experience with a DDD CPU. Appearantly, you cannot get items if each item is set to OFF. If items are merely set to NONE, you will be able to pull out items.

I have not verified this, but it seems to be the general consensus.

EDIT: Doh! Beaten to it!

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Woosh goes the sound of satire over your collective heads.

EDIT: Although the last few paragraphs were serious

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
the title should be"King Dedede IS funny"
or "King DededeS are funny"
whoo i sound like a teacher

Top Bottom