• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede and chain throws.

Wrok

Smash Rookie
Is anyone else having problems with good Dedede players?

I try to stay air born as much as possible but the chain throws are just inverting my face.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Nope, because I always land behind him or out of his range by weaving my aerials. If you get grabbed, just DI to the edge and recover, Wario's recovery is too good to be gimped.

It's not a bad match up. Just think when you play.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
DI away, hold shield, and try to roll away. I hardly ever get caught in his chain grab anymore. Wario can escape at fairly low damage.
Also, stay off the ground and behind him as much as possible.

Wrok

Smash Rookie
If you do get caught in a chain grab you can be thrown to death on stages without edges. This is really where I am having allot of problems. Because no matter how well I do or stay on to of him he can still just use this technique against me to burn through my stocks.

timbu

Smash Apprentice
Don't play on Bridge of Eldin and take this opportunity to work on your spacing and discipline. Wario's aerial DI is amazing and his ground moves have decent speed and range.

Also don't get frustrated when you're chaingrabbed, 3 chaingrabs is the equivalent of one of his backthrows and/or one of your Up-airs.

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Here's a good tip it always works for me, if he starts chaingrabbing bite. I never get chain-grabbed by DDD because the bite always goes through it when he tries.

Top Bottom