• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede amiibo™ Discussion

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Here's a centralized thread for all future King Dedede amiibo conversation. From your trials and tribulations trying to hunt one of these things down, to in-game strategies regarding the trainable AI partner. Wave 3 is almost here, and many retailers across North America and Europe have already broken the street date. NintenDaan has uploaded an unboxing video that I think you guys might be interested in. EB Games Canada is supposedly selling Wave 3 starting tomorrow, so may the odds be ever in your favor.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It's just...so beautiful... ;_;
It really does look good, though. Especially compared to some of the human characters like Link and Marth.

I'm so jealous right now you don't even know. :mad088:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think Dedede's amiibo is the only one I've seen that legitimately looks good - great, even. Quite a few of them just look like utter trash.

It really does look good, though. Especially compared to some of the human characters like Link and Marth.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Wow, it looks so good...

Kirby and Dedede are probably the best looking amiibo released so far. The only reason Kirby looks so nice is because he's such a simple character. For Dedede, though. Wow! He has much more detail than other characters in his CSS render, yet his amiibo looks gorgeous! Can't wait to get it. Hopefully Meta Knight looks just as good...

Zygmunch

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zygmunch
3DS FC
2020-0457-0856
Now my Dedede can take his rightful place upon my throne of Kirbys!!

AlextheTwin

Smash Cadet
Same here, ready to order as soon as I can. Really looking forward to training him up and seeing how maxed computer AI performs with him in game. I've heard amiibos can be better than level 9 CPUs.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I was in the Toys 'R' Us near West Edmonton Mall, and the cashier said two fat teenagers bought every Rosalina, every Ike, every Dedede, every Sonic, and every Mega Man in the store. I'm happy I imported. Nintendo has been encouraging scalping.

Dedemelon

Smash Rookie
Its beautiful. Heres to hoping I can actually get my hands on one. The only amiibo remaining stock at my local Best Buy was a single Bowser amiibo. T_T

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Really getting worried here. Just found out the Japanese King Dededes are out and they're already 1.5x the original price.

noooooooooooooooo...

Pluck!

Smash Rookie
NNID
Go_Yoshi_Go
Got mine in today :)

Pre-ordered him from Amazon more than a month ago. Was super worried because the shipping date said March.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Hmm, does any of you people know when he's officially released in Europe (specifically Austria)?
I was recently (2nd Feb) at a store where they did carry amiibos, but only waves 1 and 2 so far. Think it could be quite possible that once Dedede hits the stores I could pick one up there. He's one of the two amiibos I want.

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Mine just got here from Japan today. I really didn't want to take him out of the box but he just looks so good, I couldn't not

Aki

Smash Cadet
NNID
Im_Aki
3DS FC
1306-5844-3434
I was going to buy one yesterday but sadly none of the 3 shops I went to had any Triple D amiibos.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I...I finally have it.
I feel complete.
And now he is sitting right on my desk. Where he was destined to be.

Double post because there's a new king in town.

Double posts are fine if there's a noticeable amount time between them.~

AlextheTwin

Smash Cadet
No offense to anyone that bought theirs from 3rd party but I'm going to wait until I find one at regular price. I refuse to pay a 100%+ mark up to scalpers. I hope I don't have to wait too long.

Nintendo, I don't know what's with you. I want to give you my money but you just won't let me.

Last edited:

Aki

Smash Cadet
NNID
Im_Aki
3DS FC
1306-5844-3434
No offense to anyone that bought theirs from 3rd party but I'm going to wait until I find one at regular price. I refuse to pay a 100%+ mark up to scalpers. I hope I don't have to wait too long.

Nintendo, I don't know what's with you. I want to give you my money but you just won't let me.
Nintendo's marketing decision regarding anything related to the Wii U are absolutely stupid. I don't even know how this is possible when the 3DS turned out so well. Bad or no marketing for the Wii U itself, producing almost no adapters or amiibos, it's like they don't know what they are doing.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

Unfortunately, you're probably going to be waiting awhile. In fact, I'm doubting that Dedede will be restocked at all. :/

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Finally got my King Dedede Amiibo!! It looks so awesome! Can't wait to train it up to Level 50 and then make it battle my Level 50 Bowser Amiibo. Battle of the titans. lol

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Okay, so I'm trying to teach my D3 how to use Gordos. He is clearly learning WHEN to use them...but not HOW to use them.

He throws them out at appropriate times...but never tilts them. He always does a forward Gordo.

It's weird. He'll try to hit opponents below him with a forward Gordo, for example. Any way to remedy this?

Alfalfa

Smash Rookie
Who else thinks that King Dedede's amiibo should have asquishy belly :D

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I would by another Dedede amiibo for this.

Also merged threads 'cause redundancy. Just post in an existing thread in the future kk.

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
Maybe Nintendo release some more Kirby-franchise amiibos if they release a new Kirby game, like how they are releasing Wool Yoshi Amiibos for Yoshi's wooly world.

I would have loved to have a clay Dedede from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

Top Bottom