• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede Advanced Tutorial - Thoughts?

KiD MoNiE

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CASDkZ8Pfmk

Please take a peek and let me know what you think. It's my first time creating and posting a Smash video, so I'm curious if this is helpful at all.

Thanks for any and all feedback. :4dedede: He's one of my mains in Smash 4 (along with a handful of others). I think he's highly overlooked, so wanted to show some of his potential.

Also, I realize there's a video thread for D3 already, but that seems to contain mostly matches (not highlighting tutorials), so I believe this thread is appropriate.

KiD MoNiE

Smash Rookie
I have just started to main Dedede so this was super helpful, Thanks!
Awesome! Glad I could offer some advice for a new D3 main. I truly do think he is overlooked (especially for doubles), so picking him up (at least as a secondary) is a good idea.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated!

Reverbo

Smash Rookie
Good video. Overall it should help any new Dededes out there quite a bit. There are a few more advanced things that could be mentioned, but that is can be found after more experimentation and research i guess.

Last edited:

GuardianZen

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianZen
3DS FC
2921-9103-1383
I like it. One thing on the up-B, though, specifically to do with the no-auto-snap mixup. I personally never knew about the "face the other way" method; I always just held down the "down" direction so I wouldn't snap to the ledge.

Like: up-b -> (hold down) -> land on stage.

Jumping away feels awkward, and if people know that's how it works, they might expect it more. Being able to just choose how your up-B works based off whether or not you're holding a direction on your controller just seems more effective to me (and a lot easier).

Top Bottom