• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede 3.0X Matchup Thread

Is this a dumb idea

• Yes

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 83.3%
  • Kinda

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
In an attempt to help us better understand Dedede as well as the game as a whole (in the form of complete MU charts for every character), I'd like to make a new matchup thread where people can speculate and attempt to form a legitimate MU chart for every opponent. The other thread is like, old and not really the same.

So, post what you think all (or some, if you only feel confident in some) matchup numbers are and I will collect this data and keep this post updated.

I've reconsidered my previous 10's only strategy; this game is too balanced for sticking to just multiples of 10. Since there probably aren't matchups worse than 70 - 30, and there's no need for numbers outside that extreme, using multiples of 5 gives more granularity in the smaller overall space we have. Or something.

tl;dr 70 - 30, 65 - 35, 60 - 40, 55 - 45, 50 - 50, and so on in the other direction. Put Dedede's number first and the opponent's number second.

Here is a matchup chart mockup that we can fill in:

I'll be using the standard Wiki matchup icons:

I think I'll also use my Wiki user page to host the matchup chart table, instead of me having to always edit that image up there.

Mario
My thoughts. Mario has a good neutral game / approach with fast fireballs and has good combos on DDD with up-tilts and up-airs, etc. He also has a pretty solid recovery, especially on stages with walls. I'd say Mario is ahead in the matchup, but maybe not by much. Truthfully I haven't seen this matchup play out all that much. This is just theory crafting.

I think it's probably 60 - 40 for Mario.
I can agree with Mario being tough. 40-60.
- - -

Luigi
I'm inclined to say we beat Luigi, but I don't have enough experience in the match-up to say how much
- - -

Peach
I feel confident about the Peach MU, I'd put it near 55-45. Debatably 60-40
- - -

Bowser

- - -

Yoshi

- - -

Wario

- - -

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong also feels good for Dedede.
- - -

Diddy

- - -

Link
DDD loses hard to link (not 30-70, but definitely around 40-60) and although i've never played a competent toon link main, it seems as though that matchup wouldn't be much better
DDD link is even
- - -

Toon Link
Tink is difficult but not unwinnable. 40-60
DDD loses hard to link (not 30-70, but definitely around 40-60) and although i've never played a competent toon link main, it seems as though that matchup wouldn't be much better
- - -

Zelda
ALSO, as Zelda I don't mind facing DDD. his offstage game still works on her, but smart teleports can get her to the edge before DDD can land fair. On stage dins can create some obstacles for him because I'm not sure how many fast moves he has to eat them that can't be baited to land kicks. Lastly she can land kicks easier on bigger targets. She still dies super early however, and DDD has solid punish and some range to hit through Nayrus. I would say it could go either way, will try to think more about it next time I play it.
- - -

Sheik
We win vs Sheik, but I'm not sure by how much. This is a MU I've talked with Fly about and he likes it too. I'd chalk it up to 60-40 for now.
- - -

Ganondorf
Ganondorf appears to have a lot of trouble with D3. 65-35
- - -

Samus
We are well equipped to deal with Samus. 60-40
- - -

Zero Suit Samus
ZSS is bad news
- - -

Kirby
Kirby is a challenge, but I'm not sure its all that good or bad for us.
- - -

Meta Knight
MK 55-45 our favor.
- - -

Fox

- - -

Falco

- - -

Wolf

- - -

Pikachu
Pikachu feels uphill, but not too steep. 45-55 to 40-60
- - -

Jigglypuff

- - -

Mewtwo
Mewtwo doesnt seem far from even, but I don't really feel afraid of the MU.
- - -

Squirtle

- - -

Ivysaur
One of Dedede's most apparent character weaknesses is his unimpressive neutral game. Because of this, the tools that Ivy has here are much more useful. Keeping Dedede out is fairly easy, and this should be put on blast in the match-up. At best, your opponent should have to sift through an unreasonable ocean of defenses. Forehead height razor leafs will gain you a lot of mileage alone. A Dedede will quickly learn to fear vine whip and Ivy players should be keen to learn how this move can be used to restrict their opponent's gameplay. For example, on stages like Battlefield and Dreamland 64, D3 players have a powerful urge to jump from the ledge due to the fact that any aerial they preform will be auto ledge-cancelled. You should be able to snag a few vine whips from this habit. King Dedede also has the gift of arguably the deadliest off-stage game in Project M, so you should be careful, unpredictable, and very safe when making your way back on stage. Be wary of using your dair recklessly, as it is a great move for Dededes to try and strike you out of.
Ivysaur is only winnable with a lot of experience. 35-65
- - -

Charizard

- - -

Lucario
Lucario always struck me as annoying. 40-60
- - -

Captain Falcon
Falcon is one of the characters I prefer going Dedede for, rather than (my main) Ivy. 55-45 to 60-40
- - -

Ness
Ness feels 50-50, as does Marth.
- - -

Lucas
Theoretically, Lucas should be crazy hard because of all the momentum he can get going, but all the Lucas' I've faced make it seem about 45-55. Idk though, I don't have too much experience in the MU.
- - -

Ice Climbers

- - -

Marth
- - -

Roy

- - -

Ike
I'm confident we have adv over Ike. 60-40
- - -

Mr. Game & Watch
GnW vs DDD is really difficult from my end. Even with bacon being a pretty good wall, there is no safe recovery to get around DDD's fair.
- - -

Pit

- - -

Olimar

- - -

ROB

- - -

Sonic
We lose to Sonic.
- - -

Snake

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Stealing ideas from places (idk what places though):

Instead of just having random people shout out random numbers how about each week or so there's a different character in which people give their vote on and give some details. After each week finishes you can post the page numbers of the discussions for each character for a quick and easy catalog.

That way it'll allow for a more organized discussion rather than people switching from character to character which would quickly turn into a chaotic mess. An added bonus is that people can check back into the pages to see MU advice/debate.

For example the thread would begin talking about DDD vs. Mario by bringing some MU numbers up and giving a brief explanation why they think so.

PURELY an example, not true by any means - DDD vs. Mario is a 10-90 MU because Mario owns DDD in neutral game because of his fireballs, combos DDD to death, and stuffs DDD's recovery with fireballs and cape.

A person would object to this by attacking one of the points such as DDD gets wrecked in neutral game. Something like "Waddle Dees tank Mario's fireballs and hinder his movement because of the sparks."

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stealing ideas from places (idk what places though):

Instead of just having random people shout out random numbers how about each week or so there's a different character in which people give their vote on and give some details. After each week finishes you can post the page numbers of the discussions for each character for a quick and easy catalog.

That way it'll allow for a more organized discussion rather than people switching from character to character which would quickly turn into a chaotic mess. An added bonus is that people can check back into the pages to see MU advice/debate.

For example the thread would begin talking about DDD vs. Mario by bringing some MU numbers up and giving a brief explanation why they think so.

PURELY an example, not true by any means - DDD vs. Mario is a 10-90 MU because Mario owns DDD in neutral game because of his fireballs, combos DDD to death, and stuffs DDD's recovery with fireballs and cape.

A person would object to this by attacking one of the points such as DDD gets wrecked in neutral game. Something like "Waddle Dees tank Mario's fireballs and hinder his movement because of the sparks."
I could get behind something like that. Hey why don't we start with Mario!

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Thank you for making this thread, 9-bit! I've been aiming to do similarly with my Ivysaur match-up thread.

I'm gonna run through my opinions on most characters. I main Ivysaur and second Dedede. This is the most recent video of my D3, if it does anthing to speak for my skill level. The event had 72 entrants https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70wjIsN9mCg#t=539. There aren't many videos of me in general (let alone my secondary, Dedede) because as a Socal TO, I prefer to quickly play my matches on random open TVs instead of waiting for stream.

Right off the bat. I want to say we need multiples of 5. 70-30 encounters are extremely rare in Project M. Almost all MUs in the meta feel 50 to 65. Cutting out the inbetweens and sticking to 50, 60, 70, will skew things badly, if you ask me. Also I'd vote not to go character by character because, historically, the threads that attempt it go on indefinitely and never finish. I don't have strong enough opinions about Mario to give a write-up on him anyway, so instead I'll offer a clip of my Ivysaur MU thread in which I briefly sum up the Ivy Dedede MU.
It's super effective!(people who Ivy beats)

:dedede:King Dedede
-One of Dedede's most apparent character weaknesses is his unimpressive neutral game. Because of this, the tools that Ivy has here are much more useful. Keeping Dedede out is fairly easy, and this should be put on blast in the match-up. At best, your opponent should have to sift through an unreasonable ocean of defenses. Forehead height razor leafs will gain you a lot of mileage alone. A Dedede will quickly learn to fear vine whip and Ivy players should be keen to learn how this move can be used to restrict their opponent's gameplay. For example, on stages like Battlefield and Dreamland 64, D3 players have a powerful urge to jump from the ledge due to the fact that any aerial they preform will be auto ledge-cancelled. You should be able to snag a few vine whips from this habit. King Dedede also has the gift of arguably the deadliest off-stage game in Project M, so you should be careful, unpredictable, and very safe when making your way back on stage. Be wary of using your dair recklessly, as it is a great move for Dededes to try and strike you out of.
I can agree with Mario being tough. 40-60.
I'm inclined to say we beat Luigi, but I don't have enough experience in the match-up to say how much
I feel confident about the Peach MU, I'd put it near 55-45. Debatably 60-40
Donkey Kong also feels good for Dedede.
Tink is difficult but not unwinnable. 40-60
We win vs Sheik, but I'm not sure by how much. This is a MU I've talked with Fly about and he likes it too. I'd chalk it up to 60-40 for now.
Ganondorf appears to have a lot of trouble with D3. 65-35
We are well equipped to deal with Samus. 60-40
ZSS is bad news
Kirby is a challenge, but I'm not sure its all that good or bad for us.
MK 55-45 our favor.
Spacies are definitely difficult, I don't know enough about the MU to say. I opt to go other characters.
Pikachu feels uphill, but not too steep. 45-55 to 40-60
Mewtwo doesnt seem far from even, but I don't really feel afraid of the MU.
Socal thinks Dedede beats Squirtle, AZ thinks squirtle beats Dedede. I'm Socal, but its hard to say.
Ivysaur is only winnable with a lot of experience. 35-65
Lucario always struck me as annoying. 40-60
Falcon is one of the characters I prefer going Dedede for, rather than (my main) Ivy. 55-45 to 60-40
I'm confident we have adv over Ike. 60-40
We lose to Sonic.
MUs I haven't mentioned have not left a real impression on me.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I updated the OP with the stuff everyone said, but I'm not the embedded spoiler tags is the right way to do it. Maybe I'll just have the one big spoiler and then large-text headings for each character, instead of a spoiler for each character.

Morphine

Smash Cadet
Dedede link is NOT even. Its quite bad infact. Me and Turbo agree that sheik is a bad matchup and 50-50 at best. I've always had trouble with marths but that could be just me.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I've always been fine with fighting Links. I do indeed like DDD vs Sheik a lot; I feel like I should win unless I'm notably outplayed. I think Marth beats DDD, but not by a lot.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I think DDD beats marth. like 60-40 us

no comment on sheik. I haven't played any notable ones

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
What does everyone think about Roy? He has good combos on DDD and his up-B can be hard to edgeguard, but other than that his recovery isn't too great and as a fastfaller, DDD can combo him right back. I think it might be even-ish, maybe a 55 / 45 in either direction.

jtm94

Smash Lord
GnW vs DDD is really difficult from my end. Even with bacon being a pretty good wall, there is no safe recovery to get around DDD's fair.

ALSO, as Zelda I don't mind facing DDD. his offstage game still works on her, but smart teleports can get her to the edge before DDD can land fair. On stage dins can create some obstacles for him because I'm not sure how many fast moves he has to eat them that can't be baited to land kicks. Lastly she can land kicks easier on bigger targets. She still dies super early however, and DDD has solid punish and some range to hit through Nayrus. I would say it could go either way, will try to think more about it next time I play it.

Last edited:

Jobonoobdude

Smash Rookie
Theoretically, Lucas should be crazy hard because of all the momentum he can get going, but all the Lucas' I've faced make it seem about 45-55. Idk though, I don't have too much experience in the MU.

BaykersDzn

Smash Rookie
DDD vs Mewtwo.

Now the mewtwos i play i tend to come out on top but from what ive seen on youtube how would a DDD stand a chance against a Mewtwo in the hands of someone like KDJ or Mew2King

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Mario - 10:90 - Grim
One of DDD's hardest match ups imo. Mario wins the neutral game, has the superior projectile that leads into everything, and both grabs and a large number of moves that can convert to a lot of percent or KOs. Mario is surprising difficult to edgeguard as he has now has a lot of flexibility on his recovery options. Fireballs lock down DDD quite well and have enough hit stun to lead into other things, and cape can works really well against DDD's recovery.

Luigi - 90:10 - Ultra Free
Recovery is incredibly easy to edgeguard. Luigi is a fairly grounded character, and doesn't have much horizontal mobility (especially in the air), so well spaced ftilts and shield grabs are enough on its own to shut this character down.

Peach - 90:10 - Ultra Free
Speaking as a Peach main in melee, this match up is free for DDD. Peach isn't going to be able to do anything to DDD. DDD's air game and utilt should be able to shut down all of Peach's float approaches and air game if you play reactionary and wall her out. In addition, much like the Jiggs/Peach match up in Melee, your aerial game is simply superior. You can force Peach to play grounded, leaving her to rely on grabs and DA mix ups, neither of which are be able to convert to much. Beat her grab with ftilt and DA with shield grab and stuff her aerial approaches and the match up is yours. This match up is a lot like Marth/Peach in Melee except DDD has kill potential and a projectile over Marth while keeping a superior range and grab game. Small stages will give you faster kills, where as bigger stages will allow you to live forever.

Bowser - 80:20 - Free
Bowser will be forced into a ground game due to DDD's superior aerial game. DDD's ftilt should be able to stuff all of Bowser's approaches, and will give you a tool to attack his shield safely, removing 90% of Bowsers game which is upb oos. Otherwise Bowser's range is butt so you can shield grab everything and anything he does. Inhale works great here as a mix up to beat Bowser's shield if he is expecting to upb oos, or simply as a way to land safely on the ground (inhale works great on fat characters)

Yoshi - 60:40 - Slightly Advantageous
Your moves are strong enough to beat Yoshi's second jump armor, leading to reliable kills. However, Yoshi's combo game is incredible, and his grab, fair, utilt, and upsmash can convert to huge (and guaranteed) combos and even kills via uair. As long as you stay grounded, control space with your superior range and your waddles, punish Yoshi enough for his mistakes and stuff his approaches, he won't be able to get in and he'll lose his second jump easily.

Wario - 90:10 - Ultra Free
Be weary of shielding due to Wario's sideb/grab mix up and his bite on shield. Otherwise Wario has 0 range and you should be able to stuff his approaches. Wario is my PM secondary, and although his combo game, mobility, and mix ups are fantastic, he has a trash recovery. Get Wario off the stage and he is 100% dead. Just fair/bair his upb/sideb/fart/whatever. Avoid small stages where Wario's recovery is not a factor and he can close distance with his sibeb (Yoshi's Story, Warioware, Green Hill Zone).

DK - 80:20 - Free
Not enough experience vs good DKs, probably free for DDD. DK cargo throws to uair/fair probably work really well. This match up will likely be decided by who gets more grabs. Utilize waddles.

Diddy - N/A
Not enough experience vs good Diddys. Probably grim for DDD due to bananas controlling space, Diddy fair/nair/DA being stupidly safe, sideb mix up on shield, and his peanuts.

Link - 50:50 - Favorable
Probably my most played MU as DDD. Link has great tools that can keep DDD out, and moves/grabs that can convert to KOs and combos. Play safe on stage, stay grounded, and power shield his projectiles. When Link is offstage you can edgeguard him quite easily, just be weary about his tether (broken pm mechanic). Avoid big stages, and stick with smaller stages that give Link less room to camp with his projectile game.

TLink - N/A
TLink can probably camp you out hard but his recovery is also absolute trash, so probably 50:50 and highly dependent on the stage. Honestly, TLink is a trash character and is probably free

Zelda - 60:40 - Slightly Advantageous
Shield grab and ftilt Zelda's neutral b, fair her during the initial portion of her upb, and throw lots of waddles. Zelda is a dumb character but you can KO her easily. Just play this match up patiently.

Sheik - 80:20 - Free
Sheik still has dumb Sheik combos vs DDD, but it will take lot for her to KO DDD due to his free recovery. Waddles will soak up needles and you can use it to control space vs sheik due to her weak mobility. CC her moves at early percents, and when she is recovering just grab the ledge and hit her once she vanishes onto the stage. Otherwise, you can trade and stuff a lot of Sheik's approaches and just keep her out. This is really similar to the Peach/Sheik match up in Melee, but better because DDD is broken.

Ganon - 90:10 - Ultra Free
Stuff his approaches, shield grab everything, but be weary of sideb mix ups. Free edgeguards, just be careful of potential sideb cheese offstage. Avoid stages where his recovery is negligible such as Yoshi's Story, and Wario Ware.

Samus - 70:30 - Advantageous
Although her camping will be difficult to deal with, just shield her projectiles and control space steadily. Her recovery is free to edgeguard, just go out there and smack her before she can tether. Samus is weak in PM because her trades and cc isn't as strong relevant to the rest of the cast, and she can't convert much from an opening. You beat her in the air with just fair. If she plays grounded, beat her with ftilt and grabs. Also, she can't do anything against your shield and will likely upb oos since her grab is trash.

ZSS - N/A
Haven't played enough -good- ZSS. Seems like a grim match up. Her sideb is one of the only moves in this game that will beat your ftilt, stun gun is silly, nair is silly.

Kirby - 90:10
Kirby's nair and DA are great, but otherwise you will beat Kirby just by being the beefcake that you are. Ftilt, fair, and shield grabs will bop him. Careful of Kirby's gimmicky inhale cheese.

Metaknight - 60:40 - Slightly Favorable
MK's grab game is great vs DDD and can lead to more grabs/aerial. Otherwise you can literally CC everything else MK does to you by staying grounded, and you can KO him stupidly early.

Fox - 60:40 - Slightly Advantageous
Play this match up as a moving fortress. If fox makes a mistake, you should be able to capitalize with a strong edgeguard or a chaingrab/juggle off a grab.

Falco - 60:40 - Slightly Advantageous

Power shield lasers steadily while grounded, otherwise you can use your multiple jumps or plats to get around falco's lasers (DDD's waveland is godlike). A grab on falco is death, and can be followed up by nair/utilt juggles and regrabs into fair. Falco off stage is 100% dead.

Wolf - 60:40 - Slightly Advantageous
Getting a grab and it's a stock. Get him off stage and it's a stock. Wolf is just a worse Falco.

Spacies in general are insanely overrated in PM.

Pikachu - n/a

Jiggs - 100:0 - lmao
lmao

Mewtwo - 10:90 - Grim
Mewtwo's tail is incredibly difficult to deal with. Mewtwo has a great combo game, can edgeguard you with his broken bair, and is 100$ impossible to edgeguard. Grim.

Squirtle - N/A

Ivysaur - 10:90 - Grim
You will not be able to get in and you're going to get comboed incredibly hard.

Charizard - 60:40 - Slightly Advantageous
Charizard has some good combos on Dedede. Play this game safely and grounded and charizard shouldn't be able to get in on DDD. Waddles and ftilts will win this match up.

Lucario - N/A

Falcon - 50:50 - Favorable
Free edgeguards, stuff his approaches with your tilts. DI down and away during falcon's uair and you won't get comboed as hard, and survival DI the knee and you'll live forever. Falcon can get a lot of once he gets in, but chuch is the nature of Falcon

Ness - 60:40 - Slightly Disadvantageous
Free edgeguards, and superior range will stuff Ness,. PK Fire is the dumbest move in this game.

Lucas - 30:70 - Disadvantageous
Lucas combos are insane, crazy kill potential, and a meaty tether grab. The only way saving grace you have in this match up is grabs and edgeguards. Lucas has awful range and a terrible tech roll.

ICS - N/A

Marth - 70:30 - Advantageous
Dedede's superier range and grab game will wreck Marth, not to mention in PM you can edgeguard Marth much easier than he can to you, unlike in brawl.

Roy - 70:30 - Advantageous
Roy has to get in, in which case you can just shield grab him. Not to mention Roy's recovery is butt.

Ike - 80:20 - Free
Edgeguards are super free as DDD, and your superior range and grab game will beat Ike.

GaW - N/A
Pit - N/A

Seems like a grim match up due to arrows and Pit's combo game.

Olimar - 40:60 - Slightly Disadvantageous
Dedede is probably Olimars only good match up
ROB - N/A

Sonic - N/A

F this character

Snake - 50:50 - Favorable
Free edgeguard but snake can get a lot of shenanigans off on you.

I got lazy near the end. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I think you should exaggerate less so I don't have to correct you as harshly

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Extremely skewed ratios. 3/10 quality post Victra. You can do better.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Why do people consider the Marth matchup good for D3? I play against a decent one regularly and have a bit of a hard time, although that might be because I'm partially new to the character.

Any tips, advice, etc. vs Marth?

Omni

BRoomer
Would have to ask you why you consider it difficult...

B-air obliterates Marth off-stage. On stage DDD's f-tilt zones Marth away so that he can really only do grounded approaches. He'll try to dash in powershield the f-tilt and then punish but that opens up grabs for DDD. DDD's OOS game works really well vs. Marth and he can do a lot of dirty things to Marth if Marth is above him for any reason.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Ftilt is unsafe against CC at low percentages and is frequently unsafe on shield. Still a good move for catching Marth when he's airborne or DDing, though. DDD's OoS game is good against some things, but bad against others. It doesn't handle spaced dtilts well, for example. I don't really know what I think of the match-up nowadays; Socal doesn't have enough Marths.

Omni

BRoomer
I think Samus beats DDD.
Don't think Link or Mewtwo is even at all.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
When it comes to Link, none of the top Dedede's I've asked have said anything other than that Link:Dedede is even.
The other match-ups don't seem to have a lot of instances to go off of. From my personal experience, I dont worry about fighting Peach, Luigi, or Wolf, bu they're too rare to be certain of. Kirby and Oli feel even. Diddy feels bad. I'd be inclined to think Lucas feels like a bad match-up if it werent for other Dedede's saying its closer to even. I need more experience with those MUs to make a decision.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Extremely skewed ratios. 3/10 quality post Victra. You can do better.
omni bae u know its all true

So I was super salty about pm but now im back. I'm hesitant to whether match ups are worth in depth details currently seeing as how the new patch is probably going to throw the game on it's head a little bit (especially the nerfed recoveries)

9bit also hasn't updated the op in a few months rip

Last edited:

Omni

BRoomer
pretty sure DDD gonna get buffed. it's a good time to be using him now.. recovery nerfs = gimp king returns

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'd say so as well, and my return to PM is largely due to the overall recovery nerfs. I can't wait.

Recess

Smash Rookie
Hi, im new to PM and want to main DDD. Quick question, What can DDD do in the captain falcon matchup that makes it good for DDD ?

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Hi, im new to PM and want to main DDD. Quick question, What can DDD do in the captain falcon matchup that makes it good for DDD ?
If DDD get's Falcon off stage, it's a dead Falcon. Falcon's extremely linear recovery + DDD's potent gimps = RIP In Pieces, good Captain.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Against Olimar it would be advantage. Olimar CAN combo D3 easily but he cannot get in. Waddles negate Pikmin and ftilt, fair, or nair can swat pikmin away. If Olimar gets a bunch of yellow pikmin it might get tougher because they get thrown higher so f tilt won't hit them and they are excellent for comboing. Dedede can also gimp Olimar earlier than 5 am because Olimar's recovery is notoriously broken and bad and he is VERY, and I mean VERY, easy to combo. Camp and wait for him to try to approach and just punish. Go deep for that last hit in your combo and Olimar will not last the match. Crouch cancel alot, use waddles to cover options, and focus on gimping more than anything else.

Top Bottom