• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo - My Dream Moveset.

Wanna see King Boo?

• Yeah!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Eh..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldTrainRider

Smash Cadet
NOTE BEFORE I START: I was inspired by a fan-made moveset I found on YouTube. This is the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWLaVeshxH8&t=608s. With that out of the way, I think that KB (King Boo) could have a variety of moves using his paranormal abilities and also referencing his past appearances. People say that "Smash has too many Mario reps." And while there is a lot, I feel like the more the merrier. For the Smash 4 roster, I feel like they ignored some big reoccurring Icons in their respective games. (Eg. Dixie Kong. King K. Rool, [Captain] Toad, and , well, King Boo.) King boo would be a welcome edition to the cast, and I feel he would play well too. Here is my ideal moveset:

NEUTRAL B: Fruit toss. King boo would throw a random fruit in front of him, each doing a varied amount of damage. The hot pepper would do ~30 damage but would very rare. All of these fruits would be from the boss fight with him in Super Mario Sunshine.

SIDE B: Stat squeeze. Yeah, the name sounds weird, but here me out. His side B attack would be a command grab. He sticks out his tongue and wraps it around his opponent. You get 3 "Squeezes" With the tongue, and each takes a certain stat boost from the opposing player. Pressing attack would give you a power/attack stat boost, and the opponent gets a stat downgrade in attack. Same thing with: Special - Speed, and Shield - Defense. Each squeeze does a little bit of damage and gives KB a small heal.

UP B: Balloon Boo. This move is a reference to a (very forgettable) kind of boo in New Super Mario Bros DS, called a balloon boo. These enemies go all Kirby on you and inhale air into their mouths. Then, they use that air to "Deflate" As they move towards you quickly. KB will do the same for a recovery. The inhaling may also catch opponents and he will be able to spit them back out. That would be useful for aggressive edge-guarders.

DOWN B: Crown Charge. King Boo will grow a red gem from his crown and will begin to charge it with lightning. This takes around 5 seconds of charging, but it can be stored for later. Once charged, pressing Down B again will activate it. King boo now has the huge gem on his crown that he had in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon that he used to destroy the dark moon with for 14 seconds. Any small projectiles of players near him will automatically be zapped and have received a small amount of damage while being stunned. Pressing Down B AGAIN in this form will strike a HUGE bolt of lightning at the opponent. This strikes relatively near the opponent but automatically cuts 3 seconds off of his time with it.

TILTS:

F-tilt: Pulls out a tennis racket and swings it forward. This reflects small projectiles (Such as Mario's fireball, low-charged charge shots, and link's arrow etc.) Does decent damage and knockback, and sweet-spots at the middle, increasing the damage, knockback, and being able to reflect bigger projectiles.

Up tilt: King Boo's crown pops off his head and does a little twirl. It does little knockback and damage, so it is easy to chain (similar to Mario's)

D-tilt: King Boo makes a carpet appear in front of him, and pulls it out from under anyone unlucky enough to be standing on it. This will trip opponents and do a tiny amount of damage. (This is a reference to Dark Moon where one of the bosses are possesed suits of knight armor that you have to lure onto a carpet and pull out from under them.)

ARIELS:

Nair: King Boo makes boo buddies in a ring around him for a split second.

U-air: King Boo swings a chain chomp in an arch upwards.

D-air: King Boo forcefully shoves his hand downwards, making a small energy ball below it. If hit with only the energy ball and not the hand, this move spikes.

F-air: Just like peach. KB takes off his crown and swings it in front of him.

B-air: A boo pops out if King Boo's back side, making a scary face. Any player on the ground that it near the boo will be stunned. The effect lasts based on how much % they have, and how close they were to the boo. Any other hit just does good damage and knockback.

SMASHES:

F-Smash: King Boo pushes out his hand, spawning a bomb boo. This was an enemy from Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 that a lot of people seemed to forget about. Except MayroSMM. You will get the joke if you watch his channel.

Up-Smash: King Boo jumps up and does a twirl. This is a reference to a trick he did in Mario Kart Wii when going off of a ramp.

Down-Smash: King Boo summons 2 "Floor Boos" (I can't be bothered to look up what they are actually called) and they slide across the floor on his both sides.

OTHER MOVES:

Jab: Punch, punch, 7 hit tongue whip (similar to Bowser jr's d-tilt) and taking off the crown and doing a motion similar to his F-air to finish.

Dash attack: King Boo rolls on the ground. This is a reference to the {SPOILER WARNING AHEAD} final boos of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, where in the defense phase, Luigi must run through a hallway full of obstacles while King Boo rolls to the right and chases him.

Shield: King Boo covers his eyes like he does when you look at boos in Mario games.

Spotdodge/Roll: King Boo goes invisible for these.

Crouch: Similar to Kirby's crouch, can dodge tons of moves.

Grabs/Throws: For a grab animation, King Boo pulls out a painting and attempts to trap opponents in it. Once trapped, his pummel is "Haunting" it, (this makes a purple shadow-like particle similar to Ganondorf's hits) Throws will be king boo letting trapped ones fly out of them, and doing great knockback.

Taunts: Backflip, Raspy voice, Scary face, dance, summoning boo... etc. I bet you could combine these to make your own taunts if you wanted to. Now that I say that, feel free to post your taunt ideas by replying to this thread!

FINAL SMASH:

King Boo rises up to the stage, summoning boos and having them flying around the stage. Then, the giant ruby grows from his crown, charges, and begins to aid KB in striking the battlefield with red bolts of lighting! Finally, King Boo takes a poultergust, spawns the dark moon, and sucks whatever unlucky players into it, and plop them and trap them in the moon. King Boo then strikes the moon with this lightning crown, sending trapped opponents flying.

Welp, that's my dream. I hope you enjoyed this. Post a reply on this thread to let me know what you think and what you would change! cya. -GoldTrainRider

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you dont get to make a new thread for a character that already has one, king boo's got a thread already

GoldTrainRider

Smash Cadet
you dont get to make a new thread for a character that already has one, king boo's got a thread already
Oh. I said that in this thread. This is my ideal moveset tho. I should probobly change the name to "My dream King Boo moveset." Sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom