• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kinda useful against edge guarders/hoggers

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
When playing against my friends in Smash, when I'm off the stage, it pretty much becomes a game of "Let Ylink back on, smack him off again", usually ending in me losing the stock. Then I thought of using Young Link's Super jump to make it back on without having to worry about being edgehogged or juggled even more.

Basically, when you're DIing back towards the stage DJump and throw your boomerang at the same time. Then when you're lcose to the stage. Air dodge and throw out your hookshot. When your boomerang returns WHOOP! YLink flies up and you can spam bombs on the way down. Obviously, you can't do this all the time because sometime you'll be to low to waste airspace throwing a boomerang. Or too close to the stage.

LOL, this could also be done in a team match where your teammate knocks someone up while you're super jumping, BAM!! Super jumped Dair. I've done this before. It's very situational but cool nonetheless.

This was probably already known BUT I think it could be useful. Are there any disadvantages to it?

Chip.

you know what to do
I wouldn't rely on it, what if you were at a tournament and you happened to be playing on later version of the game?

Yep.. you'll still lose that stock ;]

Bane

Smash Journeyman
I tend to just arrow or bomb those waiting on edges and hookshot, if possible, to avoid Edge-hoggers. I have a newer version and I find more traditional means quite reliable and effective. Besides, it would only suprise an opponent once and isn't particularily hard to avoid as it's happening (it's not like their going to put down their controllers just because something random happens) they'll evade most of your projectiles and wait until you come back down to kill you.

Top Bottom