• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Kind of dissapointed with the stages.

Adiel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Adiel
3DS FC
4871-4499-9270
Yes I agree, seem to be plenty of big stages as well but its no surprise to me since 8 player smash was introduced.

The Cheese

Smash Cadet
Guarantee you the devs were all, "O NO NO1 LIKS BRAWL BUT STAGEZ GUD UZE AGIN!!11!1!"

Cough.
Cough.
Ahem.
So they went heavy on the retro stages.

Besides, they've been using past stages already anyway, and Mario Kart 8 is half retro stages, too. Nintendo loves updating old stuff into the new. No one has hated them for it yet. Why start now?

It's probably easier and more cost effective to make new stages for the 3DS processors than that of the Wii U, too.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Why would that double the stage count? That's like saying there are actually 400 characters in smash 4 because of the pallet swaps
I dunno. Omega Temple and Omega Onett are pretty new. And they are not really that similar to each other. Structure wise.

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187
I dunno. Omega Temple and Omega Onett are pretty new. And they are not really that similar to each other. Structure wise.
But they are based on the design of final destination I don't really think that counts as more stages, and the back ground used for the omegas are copy and pasted over. The only noticeable difference for some omega stages is wether or not they have a wall on the sides

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
FYI, if the 3DS version wasn't a thing, we would likely have gotten the exact the same amount of stages, maybe stuff like Magicant would be on the Wii U, but other stages like Unova Pokémon League, Mute City, the portable games-related stages, etc? Nah, doubtful. Nintendo would have just saved the resources. You can complain and cry about the 3DS version's existence all you want, but not much would have changed if it didn't exist.
That's simply not true. The whole "stages from portable games appear on 3DS version and stages from console games on the WiiU one" started exactly because of the double version, and in the end, it didn't even matter much because stages like Kalos Pokémon League still appeared on WiiU, and Gaur Plain on 3DS. If the 3DS version didn't exist, we would've get both on WiiU like it has ALWAYS been (Hanenbow?). Maybe a little less, but we'd surely be looking at a 60+ roster stage for WiiU at least right now.

Let's not even touch the fact that 3DS deliberately killed characters like Ice Climbers and who knows how many other ideas Sakurai had that would've worked perfectly fine on WiiU but couldn't on 3DS.

You can defend the 3DS version all you want, I'm not against it existing at all, but I cannot accept the fact that in the end, it simply limited the experience I can have on WiiU. And it did, Sakurai said it multiple times.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
All I can say is; Deal with it.

I'm sorry for going for the most blatant response, but, they can't change anything now. Both versions are ready for retail release. Neither one is truly undermining the other version's experience as they both run and play equally well.

Yes, it might've been nice to play Magicant or Prism Tower in HD, but it ain't happening. They still look great on the 3DS
Magicant over Onett
Mute City 16-Bits over Port Town Aero Dive
PAC-****ING-MAZE
Green Hill Zone
Brinstar
The best version of Yoshi's Island
Paper Mario stage on the 3DS because Paper Mario totally doesn't have 3/4 of the games on home consoles.
N's Castle...oh, and did I mention...

Burn the 3DS version at the stake, let the development of Smash never be divided into a superior version and the one holding it back so much.
Egg planet is a terrible stage, it's a slightly curved wall off with no interesting gimmicks to it , and why are those 2 platforms there?

I don't seem to like any of the new neutral stages , they all seem to transition abruptly, I see these getting banned in the future
You apparently haven't looked or listened to the Mario Galaxy stage.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Magicant over Onett
Mute City 16-Bits over Port Town Aero Dive
PAC-****ING-MAZE
Green Hill Zone
Brinstar
The best version of Yoshi's Island
Paper Mario stage on the 3DS because Paper Mario totally doesn't have 3/4 of the games on home consoles.
N's Castle...oh, and did I mention...

Burn the 3DS version at the stake, let the development of Smash never be divided into a superior version and the one holding it back so much.

You apparently haven't looked or listened to the Mario Galaxy stage.
That is somewhat true, but doesn't mean much when there's more people who bought the 3DS than the Wii U. The Wii U is obviously the superior version, I know that cause I own it. I also own the 3DS version, it was definitely one of the better ideas Nintendo had. The 3DS did hinder the Wii U to a degree, but so far as of now, it's the main seller for Smash, and didn't Smash make over one million alone from the 3DS within a few days? You clearly hate the idea of a 3DS version, and I'm not going to say something like "3DS version was to be made as the only one," because there's literally no sources for that and it's a fallacious argument to begin with. However, the 3DS version was clearly meant for playing on the go, and seems people are doing just that.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
That is somewhat true, but doesn't mean much when there's more people who bought the 3DS than the Wii U. The Wii U is obviously the superior version, I know that cause I own it. I also own the 3DS version, it was definitely one of the better ideas Nintendo had. The 3DS did hinder the Wii U to a degree, but so far as of now, it's the main seller for Smash, and didn't Smash make over one million alone from the 3DS within a few days? You clearly hate the idea of a 3DS version, and I'm not going to say something like "3DS version was to be made as the only one," because there's literally no sources for that and it's a fallacious argument to begin with. However, the 3DS version was clearly meant for playing on the go, and seems people are doing just that.
Don't get me wrong, I bought the 3DS version and loved it, I just wish I had gotten the whole game on the Wii U rather than a great game being held back from being the game of the century.

Top Bottom