• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killing Power

Wekk

Smash Rookie
dude shut up, you probably suck at brawl anyways. watch these and eat you words, freak.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gimpyfish62&search_type=
Look I am no by saying Gimpy is bad, but that video isn't the best example. The other metaknight didn't even know how to glide, which is just ridiculously simple and makes him so much better. In that series of 3 videos, neither metaknight uses mach tornado, and say what you will about "oh his B moves suck" I can guarantee there are tons of situations in those videos where you could hit the other guy with it and recover quickly.

In short, Gimpy is an amazing player (kudos to you on your last melee Bowser video, ****!) but let's not take what Gimpy says in stone quite yet, alright? Brawl is a completely different game from Melee, not to mention Metaknight is a completely different character than Bowser. I can tell your mindgames and the ability to read your opponent shows whether it be playing Bowser or MK, but the game is new enough nothing can really be set in stone. Time will tell what tactics are best, but then again I'm sure there are player-specific quirks that just depend on how the player wants to play. I bet that if me and one of you guys met some day down the line in a tournament or online play, that it would be fairly different gameplay.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
metaknight doesnt' have a lot of ko power, the kills come through gimp kills and off the edge garbage, once people stop getting hit by everything you throw at them (aka understand the basic physics of the game) you'll notice they start living for a lot longer.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Edge guarding is easy as hell with like 900 jumps. I've played it. I think part of the "oh no his killing power sucks" comes from this not being Melee. A whole buttload of characters don't kill at low percents. Most people can barely even scrape a kill by at 100%. You HAVE to edgeguard now, and that's one of metaknights strong points.

As for vs. the heavy charcters....Metaknight DOES run all over their slow *****. If you knock bowser off, what can he do to stop you from flying off and edge guarding him? His hit box is huge, and you out prioritize him on like everything. You can gimp snake by grabbing his helicopter thing. If he does it higher up to get back onto the stage, fly up and shuttle loop him facing the stage and send him back off or potentially even kill him. There's a solution to every problem.

I refuse to take one dude's opinion of the character as the end all be all when my own experience has said otherwise.

Staco

Smash Champion
Edge guarding is easy as hell with like 900 jumps. I've played it. I think part of the "oh no his killing power sucks" comes from this not being Melee. A whole buttload of characters don't kill at low percents. Most people can barely even scrape a kill by at 100%. You HAVE to edgeguard now, and that's one of metaknights strong points.

As for vs. the heavy charcters....Metaknight DOES run all over their slow *****. If you knock bowser off, what can he do to stop you from flying off and edge guarding him? His hit box is huge, and you out prioritize him on like everything. You can gimp snake by grabbing his helicopter thing. If he does it higher up to get back onto the stage, fly up and shuttle loop him facing the stage and send him back off or potentially even kill him. There's a solution to every problem.

I refuse to take one dude's opinion of the character as the end all be all when my own experience has said otherwise.

yes, you are right
al characters are buffed
but its not ssbm, its brawl ....

I think mk has lack of killing power, but not this extrem, some people say, because other characters arent much better in killing people
and atm I think, he will be very very good for 1on1s
mk seems to be very good, a little bit under toon link and wolf and diddy

@irishsheika
and when there is a player like gimpyfish, why should he know everything?
gimpyfish plays actually better than us, so, if you mean, we have to say, he knows everything in high skilled ssbb, we have to find the answer for:
has MK a killing lag, if players, worser than gimpyfish, play him

you make out of gimpyfish a god <<
he is only a player, who got the game more early, or do you think, that he will 100 procent the king of ssbb in the future? Oo

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
Guys...I don´t know why we are questioning the killing power of MK...He´s a great character and has a very nice air attacks, dodge guarding, Chain Grabs, B attacks....All the things that metaknights are so good but it not killing at all. Some people has been say that attacks like Dsmash, Fsmash, Nair, Fair, an others are very usefull at the time to kill your opponent and in the battle...they are so usefull.

I think that Metaknight is like a "sheik" in the melee because...all the kicks are the begenning of a combo and if it take it with a combo, you hit nearly 40% or 50% to the opponent :p (Combinations like that exis ;D ). Metaknight has a lot of attacks that do a lot of damage against his opponents but it doen´t have a very kill´s rate...but it has 2 or 3 attacks usefull to end your oponent like I said before. The thing is "use a lot of B attacks, Usmash, air attacks, grabs, and others and when your opponent gets a 130% or 140%, try to connect a Dsmash or the Fsmash", that´s what I think.

Cyas!

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Guys...I don´t know why we are questioning the killing power of MK...He´s a great character and has a very nice air attacks, dodge guarding, Chain Grabs, B attacks....All the things that metaknights are so good but it not killing at all. Some people has been say that attacks like Dsmash, Fsmash, Nair, Fair, an others are very usefull at the time to kill your opponent and in the battle...they are so usefull.

I think that Metaknight is like a "sheik" in the melee because...all the kicks are the begenning of a combo and if it take it with a combo, you hit nearly 40% or 50% to the opponent :p (Combinations like that exis ;D ). Metaknight has a lot of attacks that do a lot of damage against his opponents but it doen´t have a very kill´s rate...but it has 2 or 3 attacks usefull to end your oponent like I said before. The thing is "use a lot of B attacks, Usmash, air attacks, grabs, and others and when your opponent gets a 130% or 140%, try to connect a Dsmash or the Fsmash", that´s what I think.

Cyas!
The main thing that separates MK from the melee Sheik is the fact that those combos don't lead to an almost instant death with a f-air. He's weaker killing ability is what makes him fair. We should try looking at the things MK is good at and not his weaknesses.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
or you dont know hot to edgeguard!!! <<
all my friends say metaknight is very very very good!!!!!!!!
and better than marth!
c4pt41n 0l1m4r said:
dude shut up. you probably suck at brawl anyways.
You know, even Roy noobs are much kuuuuter than these ones.

K, so MK has brilliant combo potential, and the lack of killing moves. So what? If your a dedicated player you can make up for it, it may not be as great of a "make up" as Gimpy's bowser in melee, but its still there.
These are REALLY REALLY bad example but all I see going on here is "Young Link can or cannot kill" or "Jigglypuff has no power, but she has rest. Gotta rely on it" I've only played MK a few times in the few hours I played brawl, so you don't even have to take my opinion into matter, but from what I'm hearing, MK has the advantage in edgeguarding, and can't kill effectively(Note I didn't say he can or can't kill, just he cant kill effectively), so has anyone taken into consideration that he may be a character that has gimping as a prime way of getting maybe low percent KOs? "But there are no moves that can gimp!" Well, has anyone actually found ALL the hitbox attributes of all of his moves of each animation? No, so until someone (hopefully like SDM) takes an AR and uncovers this, we can't determine this.
Thats my case anywho.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I've been playing Meta Knight more now and, whether some of you like to admit it or not, he does NOT have good KO moves, I'm sorry.

BUT I have found that his upB and downB>smash are QUITE capable of killing, it seems hard to land them though.

Keep in mind thta Meta can rack up the damage pretty quick as well, so the lack of KO moves is fitting. I wouldn't say he's broken at all. I think he's just the way he should be..

djc89

Smash Rookie
The fact of the matter is that MK doesn't have much killing "power." That doesn't mean that he doesn't have any killing ability/potential. So he can't kill like every other character does (ie racking up dmg and finishing with a powerful blow)...however, he does combos like no one else in the game right now, and combined with his jumps, you can combo and edgeguard people off the stage.

ThaCarter

Smash Rookie
Yeah seriously he doesn't need kill power..

He can rack up damage
Combo like crazy
And edgeuard like a *****

If your a good player you wont't need killing power to win the match.His strengths alone make him one of the best characters imo.

I might main him.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
MK may lack multiple move to kill with but he only really need 1 to do it. The D-smash is fast as hell and has enough range from the front and back to catch any other char out of shield. Just don't use the D-smash until ur 100% sure of the KO so the attack is at full strength.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
MK's Up-B is a good Finisher if you can hit the opponent at the right spot. MK can combo like hell and rack up damage quick enough so that any smash attack would kill the opponent.

Orpheus

Smash Cadet
There's plenty of smash killing moves such as up-B or f slash when the other character's damager rate is high enough.
It's easy to KO someone in the air.

Top Bottom