• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killing Luma: Please Die you Stupid Star

NNID
yeevahon
So I looked around the thread and noticed there wasn't anything regarding when Luma goes into tumble stun, so I decided to do some labbing and figure out when it happens. All of these were taken with g&w at 0%, so these would probably change with rage. Hope you guys find this useful! (Let me know if anything is missing as well)

Guide: The percents that are labeled in ( ) are alternate hitboxes of the move that are described in ( )
The percents displayed are how much damage Luma has to take before he/she/it goes into tumble
Notes are in [ ]

Ground Moves:
Jab Finsher: 0% [You get to kill Luma if Rosalina is next to ledge, basically]
FTilt (Late): 10-11% (Never)
UTilt 1 (2): 25% (12%)
DTilt: Never
FSmash (Sour): 0% (0%)
USmash: 0%
DSmash (Sour): 0% (29%)
Dash Attack (Late): 0% (0%)

Aerial Moves:
Nair Last Hit: 0%
Fair (Late): 16% (Never) [You can combo into this after an USmash, very useful]
Bair Aerial (Landing): 15% (0%) [Same deal, juicy after USmash, or sweetspot DSmash combo]
Uair Second Hit: 0%
Dair Aerial & Spike (Landing): 17% (39%)

Special Moves:
Chef Pan & Food: Never
Judge [Don't ask me why I spent time testing all of these]-
1: Never
2: Never
3: Never
4: Never
5: Never
6: 19%
7: Never
8: Never
9: 0%
Fire: 0%
Oil Panic: Inconsequential [Also I couldn't test this, and will never test this]

tl:dr
Moves that knock Luma back at 0%
Jab Finisher
Fsmash [All hits]
Usmash
Dsmash [NOT Sour]
Dash Attack [All hits]
Nair Last Hit
Bair [Landing]
Uair Second Hit
9 Hammer
Up B

Happy Star Slaying!

Last edited:

Folie

Smash Apprentice
good stuff. I always make the mistake of trying to knock luma offstage with fair if its on a platform. Horrible idea.

Last edited:

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I triple dash attack to kill Luma off right from the start I hate that star

Top Bottom