• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kill options with Fox?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
USmash. That's all I know.

FSmash and DSmash are weak unless on the edge, and even then, not only is it conditional, but it's still not a guaranteed kill. Uair is okay, but not as accurate as Palutena's or Bowser Jr's. Fair doesn't kill, and Bair isn't as accurate as it was in Melee. Still like Brawl's and fairly hard to hit.

Fall into Nair gimping is decent at least, but doesn't have killing power if you're after a Smash. Beyond that, I don't know the most effective way to kill with Fox.

RPK

Smash Lord
Bair auto cancels and can hit every character while theyre standing so...Just get used to the timing. Upsmash is great for the exact percentage kills, but Ive been relying on Bair since whiffing an Upsmash sucks. You could also combo them to an incredibly high percent and kill with U-tilt. Gotta get creative, and don't get so hungry for that early kill. Fox can definitely do it, but that doesn't mean you need to hunt for it. That's normally what lets people tack on free percent while you're hunting for that kill. Just be patient, and remember that everything will kill eventually if they get high enough and remember to do what you can to keep your kill moves fresh unless theyre at low percents.

F-tilt -> Upsmash
Nair -> Upsmash
U-Tilt -> Bair
U-tilt -> Uair
D-tilt -> Bair
D-tilt -> Uair
D-tilt -> Nair -> Dash Attack -> Uair
D-throw -> Bair
Get creative. Fox is a great combo character and can easily combo into his kill moves.
Also kill moves.
B Custom 3
Up B Custom 3

Semopo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0688-6533-6002
I like to steal the ledge and catch the opponent with uair
Bair, uair, fair>while he's in there fast fall down

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
Fox doesn't have anything that really kills unless done near the edge. Upsmash is still the best option to go to when center stage but you can definitely set up a lot of stuff with Bair and Uair.

jr22

Smash Apprentice
The best option to kill in this game is a fresh upsmash around 120-150% depending on the character your against. If you hit them with a Nair to upsmash, it might eat through the aerial to try to throw out for defense. If they airdodge, wait for the landing lag and upsmash.

Depending how good the character recovery is, a Bair might be the best option around the same percentage range. Fsmash has been buffed in this game, use it to catch people offguard.

Last edited:

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
What upsets me the most on the 3ds is going for a running usmash.. But dash attack instead due to the controls.. And the dash attack still hits :/

Can't wait til Fri.

RPK

Smash Lord
What upsets me the most on the 3ds is going for a running usmash.. But dash attack instead due to the controls.. And the dash attack still hits :/

Can't wait til Fri.
I can't even count how many times this has happened. Can't wait till we get a C-stick

Nicmckael

Smash Rookie
His up smash and bair are really the only good options besides obvious upsmash. Try fast faLloyd nair -> running up smash. I've had good luck with that.

Last edited:

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
since the update and on the wii u. fox's kill options are of course the big 4. upsmash, uair, bair, fsmash they are all reliable and great to use. dash to uair works like a charm. fox's kill game is on point. at first i thought it was hard to set up kills but i was playing online and never played offline when i said that. after playing numerous of games offline its not hard for fox to land that finishing blow. he feels great

Top Bottom