• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kill options at high percents.

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
One of my biggest struggles as a Peach player is killing at higher percents. I can rack up damage easily (even get people to 150+ with little trouble) but when it comes to kill options at 80%+ I struggle to find good set-ups.

Can people recommend good options for easy/earlier kills?

Also if anyone has good grab combos at 80%+ I'd love to hear them. Peach doesn't have many options for grab combos and her kill throw (back throw) doesn't kill any lower than 120+ (or less depending if she has rage) so it's difficult to really do anything except shift stage control in my favor by putting someone in the air with a throw.

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
As far as guaranteed setups/comboes go, there isn't much. I tend to look for Fairs I can land by outspacing things, reading jumps and airdodges, edgeguarding, covering ledge options and landings. I think killing as peach does rely a lot on finding the right read, because she does have good killing power. You just need to stay aware and capitalize where you can.

I think Dark Peach https://www.youtube.com/user/shade4611/videos has a series of videos of how he edgeguards different characters, its not an explicit guide but it may give you some ideas of edgeguarding options that lead into kills. Run off Fair, is a popular option that is really rewarding.

As far as grabs go, a back throw by the ledge kills, but its not really a "setup" and isn't really reliable especially at mid stage. Although I don't do this much, I do know that Down throw-Fair is an option you can try. You basically turn right before you jump, and go for a Fair. It's not guaranteed, but it can land if your opponent is slow, throws out a move and you outspace it, or if you wait for an airdodge and punish. I haven't tested this, but you may also be able to cover a jump if you read it with up B? just theory-crafting though. Also, if you catch them DI'ing in after the down throw, i believe an up air will still connect at higher percents.

Key313

Smash Cadet
With down throw you can do the F-air like Awesomecakes stated. If you predict a jump you can follow and up b them. If they like to air dodge or throw out a combo breaker move and up smash will beat that. A charged F-smash works too on the air dodge but not if their percent is getting high. Can't cover it all at once with these though.

There is a golden percent where d-air to f-air (Or d-air to turnip then f-air) will take the stock at the edge but that is hard to pinpoint and doesn't come up much. A turnip toss up into f-air connects. Not something I see often. All directions work it seems.

For the most part I agree and you have to get reads.

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
As far as guaranteed setups/comboes go, there isn't much. I tend to look for Fairs I can land by outspacing things, reading jumps and airdodges, edgeguarding, covering ledge options and landings. I think killing as peach does rely a lot on finding the right read, because she does have good killing power. You just need to stay aware and capitalize where you can.

I think Dark Peach https://www.youtube.com/user/shade4611/videos has a series of videos of how he edgeguards different characters, its not an explicit guide but it may give you some ideas of edgeguarding options that lead into kills. Run off Fair, is a popular option that is really rewarding.

As far as grabs go, a back throw by the ledge kills, but its not really a "setup" and isn't really reliable especially at mid stage. Although I don't do this much, I do know that Down throw-Fair is an option you can try. You basically turn right before you jump, and go for a Fair. It's not guaranteed, but it can land if your opponent is slow, throws out a move and you outspace it, or if you wait for an airdodge and punish. I haven't tested this, but you may also be able to cover a jump if you read it with up B? just theory-crafting though. Also, if you catch them DI'ing in after the down throw, i believe an up air will still connect at higher percents.
Peach is definitely based on reads but I was wondering if there was anything set for kill options. I normally try to bait for Up Smash when they're in the air. I do the down throw > Fair combo but the people I play against are too fast with dodging so, even if I whiff the move it's still very safe if you retreat it when you miss. If it connects, perfect, but I have thought about waiting for people to dodge (which is almost always guaranteed) and then bait the dodge and punish. That's probably the best thing to mess with someone's head. I do the back throw grabs at the ledge for kills (sometimes it's easier said than done lol). I've punished jumps with up-B but it doesn't work a lot so I don't throw it out as much, especially if I can be punished for missing.

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
This works really well with lighter characters:

Near the edge of an omega stage, predict a roll and peach bomber. It usually ko's around 120% depending on the weight class. I get a LOT of kills with it. Also, nair.

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
This works really well with lighter characters:

Near the edge of an omega stage, predict a roll and peach bomber. It usually ko's around 120% depending on the weight class. I get a LOT of kills with it. Also, nair.
I do this a lot with everyone even if they don't roll. If they don't die I still have stage control and more ledge guarding options. It's soooo good.

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
The most easy way to kill at high percents with Peach is to B-throw near the ledge. This move kills around 150%. But don't try and grab too often or your opponent will know what you're doing and punish.

Last edited:

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
The most easy way to kill at high percents with Peach is to B-throw near the ledge. This move kills around 150% depending on the weight class. But don't try and grab too often or your opponent will know what you're doing and punish.
Peach's throws aren't weight dependent, but yeah back throws are key at the ledge.

SlimeKingK

Smash Rookie
NNID
deviantKtW
Aside from throws, using side-B is also powerful if you have the guts and know-how. If you time, space, and read correctly, you can Peach Bomber into another PB, an aerial, or... for the opponents with an itchy trigger finger, a quick Toad. It also kicks major butt
at edgeguarding and recovery. Keep in mind the ending lag/recovery and you're golden! Don't forget that you can also reverse the direction of it. Peach Bomber can also be a nice tool to get some space between you and your enemy in a pinch, especially if they think they can read it and try to smash or something.

Last edited:

MiniSmasher

Smash Cadet
I often down-throw and if I read an airdodge, run underneath them ad upsmash. I've netted quite a few early kills (~60%) by getting the sweetspot from that. Of course, it works best if you've conditioned them to airdodge after a d-throw.

DoleNath

Smash Rookie
I get a lot of kills from hitting the early hits of dair only into up smash. Not confirmed but works a lot of the time. Also dair to fair combos at early kill percent. Watch SlayerZ he does it a lot

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
I get a lot of kills from hitting the early hits of dair only into up smash. Not confirmed but works a lot of the time. Also dair to fair combos at early kill percent. Watch SlayerZ he does it a lot
Yeah I started incorporating this into my gameplay as well. Floating Dair at ledge into double jump Fair kills most people at about 70% (starting damage).

Ximlee

Smash Cadet
I have a lot of luck with throw into turnip setups followed by nair or fair

Top Bottom