• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kill Moves

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Killing can be difficult for the Swordfighter. So i tried to compile all the kill moves for the Mii.

F-Smash-Fast but has huge ending lag, use with caution. Kills Mario at 110% with no rage at the edge and 120% at the center. Definitely the best kill move on the ground.

Hero's Spin- Not as fast as F-smash but hits behind the Swordfighter. Kills Mario at 110% with no rage at the edge and 120% at the center. A charged Hero's Spin kills at 85% of the edge with no rage and at 95% the center of the stage with no rage. Best used as a forward roll punish

Second Hit of D-Smash- faster than F-smash but you have to wait for the first hit of D-smash Kills at 125 with no rage on the edge and 145 at the edge

U-Smash Short Range and easy to punish but hits above platforms and is pretty meaty allowing for good reads. Kills Mario at the bottom platform of Battlefield at 110% uncharged and 70% charged with no rage 100% uncharged and 60% with no rage on Battlefield's bottom platforms and 115% uncharged and 80% charged on the floor

U-air-Your best normal fast and almost unchallengeable. Kills Mario at 120% on the bottom platform of Battlefield with no rage and kills at 100 on the top platform. Over all best kill move as you have throws to force a mixup to this move.

B-air- Fast but with lots of endlag even if you are short, best used offstage. Kills Mario at 140% on the ledge with no rage. Actual kill percentage will be lower as you will try to kill with this off the edge.

F-air- Fast but definitely the weakest of all the kill moves. Kills a jumping Mario at 150% at Final Destination actual percentage may vary as with the poking nature of this move most players will throw it out at different altitudes.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
You forgot Up Air, Up Smash and (to extended) Forward Air.
Hero's Spin kills? You mean fully charged right? You might as well add Up1 kills and SideB1 kills too.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
You forgot Up Air, Up Smash and (to extended) Forward Air.
Hero's Spin kills? You mean fully charged right? You might as well add Up1 kills and SideB1 kills too.
I meant Up-air when I said D-air and yes that is an uncharged Hero's spin. A charged Hero's Spin kills at 85% of the edge with no rage. Stone Scabbard like never kills it kills at 190 WITH rage. AA kills about as much as Hero's spin. I'll update the Op later.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I meant Up-air when I said D-air and yes that is an uncharged Hero's spin. A charged Hero's Spin kills at 85% of the edge with no rage. Stone Scabbard like never kills it kills at 190 WITH rage. AA kills about as much as Hero's spin. I'll update the Op later.
Oh I see. Mind you, I am not trying to criticized your work. I was just curious about things. Thank you though. Huh? I didn't know Hero's Spin kills? I need to use it more. Hmm... Right. I was told that Stone Scabbard Kills. So Hero's Spin is truly Swordfighter's best UpB.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Oh I didn't mean to sound like you were demeaning my post. I do need to find out the kill percentage for Up-Smash.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Alright i updated the op with Up Smash and F-air. I decided to leave AA out of the OP because it is inferior to F-Smash in almost every way. I'm going to to try and reformat the OP so it looks nicer.

RoboTek

Smash Rookie
D-Air shockwave is an effective high-percent kill move and should not be underestimated. It is weaker than a conventional kill move, but is reliable enough that it is important to use.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
D-Air shockwave is an effective high-percent kill move and should not be underestimated. It is weaker than a conventional kill move, but is reliable enough that it is important to use.
It appears that D-air shock wave has set knockback that kills Mario at 180% from the edge of Final Destination regardless of rage...
I would call it a kill move.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
jab to up B, or jab jab to up B, is a pretty reliable kill option. Especially since Hero's Spin got buffed.

Also his bthrow kills Mario at a bit over 160% at the edge, with no rage and moderate DI. I've killed a Mewtwo at 125% w/ like 80% rage today I think.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
jab to up B, or jab jab to up B, is a pretty reliable kill option. Especially since Hero's Spin got buffed.

Also his bthrow kills Mario at a bit over 160% at the edge, with no rage and moderate DI. I've killed a Mewtwo at 125% w/ like 80% rage today I think.
I completely forgot about jablock into hero's spin

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I completely forgot about jablock into hero's spin
It's like the best thing.

In fact his jab 1 can be cancelled so quickly. Jab 2 props them up a bit more, so for fast fallers, I'd use jab jab up B, for floaties, jab 1 into up B.

This thread was a thing? Well, I guess it's on me for not noticing these boards. Some things for me to correct and add, I guess.

F-smash is a frame-16 kill move. Don't expect yourself to land this when used out of the blue. The range is definitely impressive though. I'd pivot with it to catch opponents off-guard. When your opponent is closing in already, pivot f-smash for the kill. You can also try using this to catch a roll from the ledge or a get-up too.

U-smash is kind of quick. Frame 11 and it kills at surprisingly early percentages. Use it out-of-shield.

D-smash is honestly... meh. Its range is lackluster and the more powerful hitbox (the second hit) comes out at frame 15. It's not really great for KO'ing unless you're trying to catch a roll with d-smash which may still be difficult because of its range

Hero's spin is great for KO'ing (good KO power and good damage output). Another amazing out-of-shield option. Comes out at frame 4 (at least that's what the paste bin is telling me) which is faster than pretty much all of his KO options. Dayum.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
This thread was a thing? Well, I guess it's on me for not noticing these boards. Some things for me to correct and add, I guess.

F-smash is a frame-16 kill move. Don't expect yourself to land this when used out of the blue. The range is definitely impressive though. I'd pivot with it to catch opponents off-guard. When your opponent is closing in already, pivot f-smash for the kill. You can also try using this to catch a roll from the ledge or a get-up too.

U-smash is kind of quick. Frame 11 and it kills at surprisingly early percentages. Use it out-of-shield.

D-smash is honestly... meh. Its range is lackluster and the more powerful hitbox (the second hit) comes out at frame 15. It's not really great for KO'ing unless you're trying to catch a roll with d-smash which may still be difficult because of its range

Hero's spin is great for KO'ing (good KO power and good damage output). Another amazing out-of-shield option. Comes out at frame 4 (at least that's what the paste bin is telling me) which is faster than pretty much all of his KO options. Dayum.
Maybe that's why jab to up B works so well.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It's even faster than jab which is frame 7

It still confuses me but I'll take it. Lol
Doesn't Link's up B come out on like frame 7 or 8?

So Hero's Spin's better than the original move? (range not included) o3o

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

wow its been 3 moths since i posted that. time flies remind me to update it in a week

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Wait... I thought Fsmash comes out at frame 14 and Hero's Spin comes out at frame 7. Did they update the frame data?

Wait... I thought Fsmash comes out at frame 14 and Hero's Spin comes out at frame 7. Did they update the frame data?
Not sure. I'm really iffy with paste bin but it's the only frame data I can refer to regarding BKF.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Something I should note about the swordfighter's up-smash is the hitboxes, though (assuming small-thin like the custom move project). There's no way in hell you're hitting someone behind you, and sometime characters can even slip out of it.

Also the hitboxes for Hero's Spin in air are silly. I can never get the final hit.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hero spin is definitely ~8 frames.

OP is missing ftilt. It kills pretty well around the 120-130% range in between the center and the edge.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
FTilt is good enough for killing (It's an faster FSmash basically), but I find Hero's Spin to be the overall best kill option for SF
I do wish he had a decent kill throw tho, it would make life much more easier and grab more rewarding.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
FTilt is good enough for killing (It's an faster FSmash basically), but I find Hero's Spin to be the overall best kill option for SF
I do wish he had a decent kill throw tho, it would make life much more easier and grab more rewarding.
To be fair though, its D-Throw to Up Air is arguably more dangerous than Diddy's pre-patch. Though the hitbox is narrow, it deals a lot of damage

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Yeah but the thing is that after two or three times of it, everyone will know that you are going for it and they will DI the throw, and then you are left with maaaaybe a FAir follow up on low %

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Yeah but the thing is that after two or three times of it, everyone will know that you are going for it and they will DI the throw, and then you are left with maaaaybe a FAir follow up on low %
note on D-throw DI on 0-40 (50~ if fatty like DK) your opponent has two up and behind or down and forward. Either one can stop the U-air depending on where the Sword read your DI

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Hero spin is definitely ~8 frames.

OP is missing ftilt. It kills pretty well around the 120-130% range in between the center and the edge.
Silly San. Frame Data pasta bin stated it is 4-8 frames and well all know how accurate the pasta is.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Silly San. Frame Data pasta bin stated it is 4-8 frames and well all know how accurate the pasta is.
It's accurate since the source is a raw data dump. It's just that startup and release times are often split for specials. Grounded and airborne are also treated as different moves.

Also, 1/4 height moi is capable of getting the uair on a DId dthrow with a well timed dash and double jump, at least with low rage. Tested in training mode at around 9X% vs Luigi. It's 50/50 if they mix DI, but you can hit them every time with decent reaction time by the start of your double jump.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Hmm... that's interesting. I'm astonished as to the options Swordfighter have for killing now.
You can also do FF 2-hit fair to dsmash, but that's slightly less useful since front hit of dsmash is so sucky.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
FF fair (2-hit) now combos into upsmash at kill %s

So that's nice~
he's had it since day 1 but its uber risky too
Trela tried doing it to Dakpo but ended up losing the set because of it

Top Bottom