• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kill Move for Shorties

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
What's your guys favorite kill move on the small characters?
I'm thinking Ness, Lucas, Metaknight ..etc

The people who are all smaller than mario. (he is the significant cutoff point for zelda)
Usually her most reliable moves are USmash or Fsmash for the kill..

Ness can DI out of BOTH OF THESE
Seems like very unreliable kill moves..

Obviously her lightening kicks are good against the whole cast, but smaller characters are a greater challege to sweet spot...

People like ness are also much more difficult to UTILT vertically enough for an early kill.. because of their height it almost always launches them horizontally where they can recover.

Plus UTILT has a crappy approach..
FTilt is ok but it doesn't kill well until the 100's, which is kind of silly to have a small tiny character last that long against a powerhouse like Zelda.

What are your thoughts?

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
Favorite kill move for shorties...let's see...
It really depends on the situation in my opinion. Landing sweetspotted f/b-airs is a bit more difficult with these guys so often I don't rely on those as much as I should on shorties. I believe using d-tilt -> u-tilt works well at about 100% but if they get thrown a bit higher from the d-tilt I try and see if they'll jump away and go for an u-air.

D-air is still a favorite if they're over the edge.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Fsmash or f/b-air is the tool to use.
Pretty much every short character can DI out of the fsmash almost instantly :ohwell:

It's not totally hopeless though, if you have them as close to you as possible when you begin the FSmash then this is somewhat possible..

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Favorite kill move for shorties...let's see...
It really depends on the situation in my opinion. Landing sweetspotted f/b-airs is a bit more difficult with these guys so often I don't rely on those as much as I should on shorties. I believe using d-tilt -> u-tilt works well at about 100% but if they get thrown a bit higher from the d-tilt I try and see if they'll jump away and go for an u-air.

D-air is still a favorite if they're over the edge.
DTilt->UAir could end up working well in competition, I'll give it a try against a person.
It's actually possible to air dodge before the utilt has a chance to connect, so this is not guarenteed by any means..

Doesn't mean they will necessarily do it though, so it could be useful

leogeo2

Smash Cadet
Well it's nice to use Dsmash when they are near the ledge. Other option is just Usmash or Uair. I've had the most trouble killing people with Uair though, unless they are standing on an above platform, like in Battlefield for example. As devastating as the move itself is, I just can't seem to land it often. Just some practice needed on my part.

Whiteday

Smash Rookie
Uair isnt that difficult to use really, you just have to trick your opponent. When you're underneath them, they should anticipate the Uair and do an airdodge...just stay beneath them and wait to use the Uair until after they finish dodging. This works on my friend who is a MK main and it works frequently, as long as you don't become predictable.

Favorite way to kill shorties is, like someone said above me, dsmashes near the ledge.

leogeo2

Smash Cadet
Well what would happen to me is that I would usually end up either flat out missing or getting hit by a Dair. I'll try faking out more often.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Dtilt works freakishly well against the short members of the cast. I like following it up with an Ftilt, personally.

Dsmash is a great kill move for the short guys. I fair and dair everyone, i usually just wait for the shorties to be in the air.

When all your kill moves fail, remember that full range Din's kills!!

Top Bottom