• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Keyboard for smash wii u?

garchomp4smash

Smash Cadet
I tried every controller but 3ds and game cube
I quickly found out that the only controller that works for me is key board
I SD more then I kill with anything but a keyboard
So how can I get keyboard support for smash u for wii u

Raijinken

Smash Master
Probably would have to hardware mod one yourself, and bind the keys to specific controller-equivalent inputs. The game does not support keyboard inputs.

Of course, keyboard inputs also come with drawbacks, such as a lack of analog input for movement and shielding.

Your best solution is probably simply more practice with a different controller.

garchomp4smash

Smash Cadet
Probably would have to hardware mod one yourself, and bind the keys to specific controller-equivalent inputs. The game does not support keyboard inputs.

Of course, keyboard inputs also come with drawbacks, such as a lack of analog input for movement and shielding.

Your best solution is probably simply more practice with a different controller.
First of all thanks for the quick reply
Second if that is the case what one do you recomend that's not gamecube

Raijinken

Smash Master
First of all thanks for the quick reply
Second if that is the case what one do you recomend that's not gamecube
Aside from the gamecube controller, the Wii U Pro Controller is probably the next-best shot. It still has the dual analog sticks for inputs, one more functional button than the Gamecube controller (ZL), and is generally pretty ergonomic. If you need a larger controller, you can use the Gamepad, though depending on your intentions, many tournaments or similar multiplayer events don't allow it because only one player can use it at a time.

Lastly, regardless of which controller you pick, it's a great idea to try out different control schemes if the default doesn't seem to work for you. Try to identify what you dislike about certain controls, and move them. For instance, I rarely use the L button on my 3DS, so for that version of the game (and when playing with the Pro Controller or Gamepad), I have the Y button set to grab, as it is more conveniently located.

garchomp4smash

Smash Cadet
Ever since I played smash flash I feel like nothing beats the wasd
My main problem with angolag sticks are they often impute if you tilt them
But as I have no choice i will most likely look into the gamepad again and try to get good

Raijinken

Smash Master
Ever since I played smash flash I feel like nothing beats the wasd
My main problem with angolag sticks are they often impute if you tilt them
But as I have no choice i will most likely look into the gamepad again and try to get good
If you prefer something digital (avoids that input problem), try the Wiimote alone. The d-pad works similar to WASD (though with one finger instead of four), and only reads full inputs. It comes with some drawbacks, but if that's the biggest thing about the keyboard for you, it may be worth a try. Unfortunately I don't think any of the control systems with a joystick will let you use the Dpad for movement, though.

garchomp4smash

Smash Cadet
If you prefer something digital (avoids that input problem), try the Wiimote alone. The d-pad works similar to WASD (though with one finger instead of four), and only reads full inputs. It comes with some drawbacks, but if that's the biggest thing about the keyboard for you, it may be worth a try. Unfortunately I don't think any of the control systems with a joystick will let you use the Dpad for movement, though.
Then 3ds is a waste of potential
Its dpad is almost perfect

Raijinken

Smash Master
Then 3ds is a waste of potential
Its dpad is almost perfect
I do wish it had at least the option to re-bind to directions, even if doing so isn't as versatile as the joystick. But oh well.

If you like the 3DS though, then the pro controller and gamepad are probably the best choices for you. Their button layout is basically the same as the 3DS's.

Top Bottom