• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kenner Play N Trade Monthly 2

Hyro

Smash Lord
Post here if your coming and if you can bring a setup.

-----

Kenner Play N Trade - Sunday, July 12th @ 6:00 pm

3405 Williams Blvd., Kenner
504-469-6004

-----

IMPORTANT:

At 6:00 pm show up and register - around 7:00pm we'll start.

Bring your own chairs and controllers.

We need setups! Let me know if you can help!

As of now, it's $10 to enter, but if you guys think that's too much, I'll make it $5!

This time, the prize will be in cash with a portion going to the venue owner.

-----

General Rules:

Mostly the same rules as the gameware monthlies, but I will be changing up the stages a bit.

Know the rules.

-Show up at 6:00pm
-$10 per person/team
-3 stock; 7:00 minutes (ties broken by stock/percent)
-Team Attack on
-1v1; all items off and set to none; best 2/3; all finals 3/5
-55/25/15/5 cash split
-Bring your own controller (and stool/chair if you want one)
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/team may not pick a stage that they won on previously in a set

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

The loser of the match picks the next stage from the counterpicks or starters. They may not pick a stage they previously won on or the stage their opponent banned.

-----

STAGE LIST

Starters:

Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship

Banned:

The rest

-----

Headcount:

1. Hyro
2. Lee
3. Nick
4. Blaine
5. Bomber
6. Arcadia
7. Jnig
8. Jio
9. CJ
10. Cyphus
11. Sudai
12. Vaughn
13. Batto
14. DJ

Setups:

Hyro - Wii + TV
Blaine - Wii + TV
Nick - Wii + TV
Arcadia - Wii + TV
Lee - Wii

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'll see what I can do. No guarantee I will even be able to show up.

I wanted to give my girlfriend a basic tour of N.O like bring her to the zoo and the aquarium and stuff, though idk if that will happen seeing that I have a sick dad and her mom would most likely not trust me to bring her to N.O(not like I'd pull anything or she would get harmed by anyone). Anyway, if the likely event that that doesn't happen, I'll see if my dad will let me come, and spend a day or two with my grandma who is in Metarie.

If I do show up. IF I do, then you can count on me for a basic set-up.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I MIGHT be going to this. I think the family might have other summer vacation plans for around this time, though.

Wait Sunday? Dudes gotta work in the morning. We'll see how this effects things.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Talked with my dad, looks good so far. I'm going to play it by ear as the date draws closer. I'll probably come in town for the 11th, maybe that evening. Like I said, I'll play it by ear.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It's a week away and there doesn't seem to be much excitement going on... what's wrong with you people?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Probably won't be able to make this one since I have work the next morning. :/

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Hey, take Arcadia off the list. He says he's gonna bring an xbox and BlazBlue and not enter the brawl tournament. Oh, and he'll also play Brawl+.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey, take Arcadia off the list. He says he's gonna bring an xbox and BlazBlue and not enter the brawl tournament. Oh, and he'll also play Brawl+.
Dude Arcadia's such a ***** it's crazy. It's weird because IRL he seems like such a cool dude. Maybe I just didn't hang out with him enough?

I dunno if I'll be coming to this. We'll see as it gets closer I guess.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Dude Arcadia's such a ***** it's crazy. It's weird because IRL he seems like such a cool dude. Maybe I just didn't hang out with him enough?

He's cool to an extent.

He knocks over drinks in your house and has JNig clean it up while blaming someone else.

Then he teams up with someone and Money Matches you and takes your money.

Other than that, Arcadia is a cool dude.

Hyro

Smash Lord
PCola, last time we had about 16 people come to this tournament even though hardly any of them registered. This time it should be a bit bigger but I can't gurantee anything. It's definiltey not huge so only come if you really want to and you have nothing else to do.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I'll sign up as of right now. Lol. Wii and TV. Got it memorized? =P
Nick! I haven't played you since I had just started, and you ***** the **** outta me. Won't happen again, I promise.

Lollerskates @ Axel reference.

He's got his reasons, don't beat a dead horse, we're done with that whole situation. blablabla :dizzy:

Other than that, please come!

He's cool to an extent.

He knocks over drinks in your house and has JNig clean it up while blaming someone else.

Then he teams up with someone and Money Matches you and takes your money.

Other than that, Arcadia is a cool dude.
Well, everyone else WAS just standing there/arguing over spilled sundae(?). That **** stains! Geez! Lack of initiative?

And I believe Batto took your money, Elrit and Hyro were just bystanders forced into the fray. I mean, you didn't have to repeatedly put up money... :ohwell:

And PCola is coming to one of the smallest tourneys evar? Cool!

Hyro

Smash Lord
Vanilla ice cream doesn't stain!

And you're still gonna get *****, just not as hard. He might use lube this time ^_^

Curlz

Smash Lord
Well, everyone else WAS just standing there/arguing over spilled sundae(?). That **** stains! Geez! Lack of initiative?

And I believe Batto took your money, Elrit and Hyro were just bystanders forced into the fray. I mean, you didn't have to repeatedly put up money... :ohwell:

And PCola is coming to one of the smallest tourneys evar? Cool!
That was still a really fun night, lol.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm definitely showing up, the only way I couldn't is if something happened at the last minute that would prevent me otherwise from coming.

>=D

I'm pumped.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
The RESULTS!

1: Lee Martin: Wario, Toon Link, Lucario, Marth, MK ($66)
2: Cyphus: DK, Fox ($33)
3: Hyro: Toon Link ($11)
4: Iadus: ROB
5: Nikz0r: DDD, Wolf
5: Mocha: Zelda
7: Blaino: ZSS
7: JNig: Wario
9: Arcadia: Lucario, Luigi
9: CJ: Snake, Metaknight, ?
9: Jio: Kirby, ?
9: Batto: Marth, Peach, ?
13: Bomber: PT

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
My guess is that it's Sudai, considering it's a ROB. Also, try spelling Iadus backwards.

Did Hyro knock Nick out of loser's? I see he used Wolf, and only ever see it against Hyro's Toon Link.

Sudai

Stuff here
I knocked Nick out of Losers. Nick used Wolf against Cyphus' Ice Climbers and I think they may have used it second round, but I'm not enirely sure. I just know it was 1) ICs vs Wolf (Neutral, Nick Wins); 2) DK vs Something (Yoshi's, Cyphus Wins); 3) Fox vs DDD (Norfair, Cyphus super camps and wins)

Top Bottom