• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken Inputs Strictly Timed?

T8rCr8r

Smash Rookie
After I unlocked Ken, I went to training mode to get a feel for him, and I could very rarely perform any of his classic moves. Are the inputs more strict than Ryu’s? I hopped over to Ryu’s just to be sure I wasn’t just being bad, but Icould perform all of his easily.

Swordmaster102

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordmaster102
After I unlocked Ken, I went to training mode to get a feel for him, and I could very rarely perform any of his classic moves. Are the inputs more strict than Ryu’s? I hopped over to Ryu’s just to be sure I wasn’t just being bad, but Icould perform all of his easily.
The inputs for just standard attacks are not strict. They added a proximity effect where depending on how close you are to your opponent, a different attack might come out. So that might be your problem. For example with Ryu, if you do a light forward tilt, a weak side kick will come out, but if you are right next to your opponent, it will be this new punch they added. So I’m assuming that’s what your trouble is. From what I remember, Ken’s axe kick will come out if you hold A right next to your opponent without tilting the stick at all.

Let me know if that helps you at all.

Last edited:

KillKid20095

Smash Rookie
The inputs for just standard attacks are not strict. They added a proximity effect where depending on how close you are to your opponent, a different attack might come out. So that might be your problem. For example with Ryu, if you do a light forward tilt, a weak side kick will come out, but if you are right next to your opponent, it will be this new punch they added. So I’m assuming that’s what your trouble is. From what I remember, Ken’s axe kick will come out if you hold A right next to your opponent without tilting the stick at all.

Let me know if that helps you at all.
I thought it was just how hard you pressed the button, because it seems like that.

Top Bottom