• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken Combo Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Marth is my main secondary in PM, so I've grown more concerned about him in Smash 4. It would be amazing if Marth were still able to Ken Combo. It would be nice if the hype he generates in Melee and PM carries over onto Smash 4. Here's a vid with Ken himself getting multiple confirms with Fairs. Go to 0:56.

I personally don't think the landing lag from his Fair and Bair is that bad, and his Nair is still quite godly. He can easily get into mid-high tier, dispite changes. Also, Shield Breaker actually breaks shields now (as if most of you don't know already lol).
http://smashdatabase.com/690d78

Thoughts and opinions? What do you guys think?

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
inb4depressionmentionoflucinabeingbetterdespitehavingnorealinfoetc

Anyways, looking back at it, I'm not buying the whole shorter sword thing. Shorter than Melee Falchion, yeah. But really, the only thing that changed between Melee and Brawl Marth were the sword's HITBOXES.

The landing lag sucks, but there's also the fact that's to punish for SHFFing it. Autocancel FAir right now seems better, buuut those are just my thoughts.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
inb4depressionmentionoflucinabeingbetterdespitehavingnorealinfoetc

Anyways, looking back at it, I'm not buying the whole shorter sword thing. Shorter than Melee Falchion, yeah. But really, the only thing that changed between Melee and Brawl Marth were the sword's HITBOXES.

The landing lag sucks, but there's also the fact that's to punish for SHFFing it. Autocancel FAir right now seems better, buuut those are just my thoughts.
Lol people be like: "Lucina doesn't have tippers so that automatically makes her better." As if. Marth's tippers are still godly.

But yeah, Marth's sword is pretty short, Even so, he still has lots of range as demontrated (animation change, maybe?). It's unfortunate that Marth can't SHFF anymore, but that's not that big a deal.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
And of course, it's been said about 9000+ times, but this WAS a demo, so all of this is subject to change. I mean, Fox had 64/Falco GROUNDED lasers in the Melee E3 trailer and look what happened.

That said, while I'm unsure about Lucina being a better Marth, I do feel she'll be a better Roy, at least. :p

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Roy was terrible in the first place, so Lucina being better is almost assured :p

Didn't know Marth's shield breaker was that strong. Damn. What if one of them custom moves give shield breaker melee's animation while retaining the damage? Oh, I forgot about the sliding shield breaker. Sliding across stages to break shields xD

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
There was another video of an FFA where a marth pulled off a series of fast untipped f-airs in a full hop. Looked like a combo. I believe it was Smash Bros Italia that uploaded the video.

I don't know. Deciphering the footage has been confusing. At times, it feels like Marth will be fine. In some other ways, he's been nerfed hella hard.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
There was another video of an FFA where a marth pulled off a series of fast untipped f-airs in a full hop. Looked like a combo. I believe it was Smash Bros Italia that uploaded the video.

I don't know. Deciphering the footage has been confusing. At times, it feels like Marth will be fine. In some other ways, he's been nerfed hella hard.
Can you provide a link to that vid, or at least look for it? I can't seem to find it. I checked Smash Bros italia's channel and it wasn't there, although they had some interesting stuff.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Looked pretty good to me, perhaps Marth will combo with non-tipped moves and KO with tipped moves.
You just need to space yourself to kill that's all. The problem is, the tipper mechanic for Marth is unreliable.

Marth is godly at racking up damage being capable on the ground and the air. But to KO he almost needs the tipper unless you wanna KO guys at 150% ... That's where his unreliability comes in as you can't always get those tipper (even the best marth users)

That's why people are saying Lucina is better. Although it does seem like the tipper hit box is a bit larger... Could be wrong though

Plus, you could always just edge-guard with him.

Last edited:

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Well regarding Ken Combos, something that video didn't really show off very well was Marth's d-air. It's backwards now!
Ken Combo timing with a non-tipped f-air already wasn't very flexible in Melee before an opponent could jump or attack out of it, I think. With d-air slower to reach in front, and tipped f-air probably not leading into anything now that its knockback is strong and horizontal, I think Ken Combos (at least being a true combo) in Smash 4 probably won't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom